Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2013, 02:17 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,902,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
That's just it, plus I think there's lots of "story telling" in this thread for the sake of attention. Have I seen kids behave badly in restaurants--sure--but it's not the norm by any stretch. I have zero problem with more adult oriented restaurants instituting child free hours, but people who don't like eating or being around children shouldn't go to restaurants that cater to them. It's a simple choice.
Until it's a Bar with a Brewery and a fair food joint too boot. If i go with my 4 year old grandson , my son, his father won't go to any adult places. Part of that reason why is because that is how my son was raised. i didn't take my son to bars when he was under 21 either. If he wanted a beer or wine he would ask at home. My home had different rules than his mothers home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 04:53 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,698,333 times
no bratz allowed!!!! I like it!!!

Old 08-10-2013, 05:25 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,426,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
McDonalds should cease to exist. All they serve is poison. Any place like them too. But that's another topic. If the weak brain proggy libs want to eat there and so do their spawn, it's fine by me. Check out time will be earlier for it.
It's usually the fat conservatives that frequent McDonalds.

Old 08-10-2013, 05:33 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,526,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Source?

I would find that unlikely. Liberal voters, the welfare class has the worst obesity rates.

Old 08-10-2013, 05:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,526,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
A lot of it was that parents didn't take their kids out to eat as much in the 50s and 60s. There was no such thing as fast food in big parts of the country, with the exception of local drive ins where you ate in your car. We went out on occasion to a local restaurant after church with our extended family, and it was a big deal. We were in our church clothes, and on our best behavior. That changed when fast food and more casual restaurants became the norm.
I remember my dad taking us out to restaurants like Big Boys and Bill Knapps --- we were expected to behave. I take my kids out to eat but they know better than to act up.

I think if you teach your kids basic manners in the home, those same manners follow them. I don't let my kids crush crackers into the carpet when they're home. I don't let them pour their milk out onto the floor, I don't allow them to smear their food all over the table and chairs, they can't throw food, they're taught not to waste it, they can't spill the salt and sugar all over the table at home.

I always wonder how big a pigsty the homes of these people are that you see letting their kids trash a restaurant.

It's easy to be a neat enough family dining out. Give a toddler a couple french fries, or spoon feed the baby whatever you want him to eat. If the child starts trying to throw food onto the floor -- he's finished eating. No expects that the table won't need wiping down between customers, but you don't have to let your kids dump plates of food and drinks onto the floor and run wild.

Old 08-10-2013, 06:07 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,902,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Not me. Not since 1990 when I discovered i was getting a hangover from eating that crap just once a year. That would be later in the day heading to Ft Ti in NY.. Because i wanted to get set up for the next day. Once i found that out never again.

As for the fatties i want to harvest them for fuel. I will feed the fatties all the mac n cheese they want free for their fat. I can render that in good diesel fuel.

Old 08-10-2013, 06:16 PM

4,587 posts, read 4,201,517 times
I am thrilled to see the trend of restaurants banning children after certain hours. When I eat out, I do not want unruly brats disrupting my dining experience. I hope the trend continues.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:45 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,949,114 times
So in your world all children are unruly brats? What about unruly adults? To avoid them ban all adults too. Where does that leave you? Eating at home where you should be instead of going out bothering children.

Old 08-11-2013, 10:08 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,335,817 times
I prefer young children to only be seen in family style restaurants. When they are old enough to sit still for a couple of hours, then let them experience a nicer establishment. To me, the secret isn't only what restaurants one takes their children too, it is how they are taught to behave. We often, as a family, dine with our great grandkids. There are 3 of them, ranging in age from 6 to 9 months. We usually choose an "outback" class of restaurant. If any of the three get even a little fussy or start to drop food, out they go.

As for a remark it is the rich, fat, conservatives who eat at Micky Dees, next time you go to one, take a good look. I think you might change your mind or certainly have your eyes opened a bit. Everyone in our family are conservatives: most not rich and only a couple fat; (me included) none of us ever go to McDonalds unless we are traveling and just stop by for a quick burger, which is maybe once every year or two.

Old 08-11-2013, 01:43 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,221,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Because of people like yourself who express blatant hatred towards children. Some parents have had people tell them they should have had an abortion even if their kids aren't misbehaving. Making a blanket ban like this isn't about misbehaving kids. It's banning ALL KIDS, even those who behave themselves and are open to trying something more than nuggets, burgers, and French fries. My daughter turns 22 this month. But I will not go to any restaurant that bans all children instead of evicting family with bad children.
And adult men aren't allowed to hang out in kids playgrounds alone because of a few misbehaving male adults.
We all have to stop for school buses because parents don't teach their kids not to run out into the street.
In Germany, they don't have that law and kids don't get run over because the kids are taught proper behavior.

There are enough "family friendly" restaurants for parents and kids.
Children are not a protected class under the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I'll wonder if this would violate the federal and state age discrimination laws. I hope someone files suit soon enough, if they have not already done so.
Again, children are NOT a protected class.
Sheesh.
What would they sue for? Children are not a protected class.

Last edited by chielgirl; 08-11-2013 at 02:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies