Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 10:51 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
The public is interested, frankly most people don't want to know if one is gay and follows after deviant sexual practices that are unnatural . But the gay agenda is pushing their sexual practices on the public and now our gay loving president is pushing it on the world.

No wonder the muslims hate us.. the liberal agenda wants the world to throw out morality and push demoralizing the world. Obama is chief demoralizer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 11:02 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,334,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Time the Gays to face some reality. I hope the Russians give them a good dose of it. If they keep their antics to a minimum they should be fine. If they go around prancing about they maybe dealt with.
It's nice to know you endorse government involvement/interference in the private lives of its citizens to that degree.

Where do you think the gay concentration camps should be erected?

Should we put ALL gay people in them,or just the "prancy" ones who don't "keep their antics to a minimum?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
If gay people were of no concern, we wouldn't be beat up, outlawed, or otherwise marginalized. Since our pursuit of happiness is hindered by misunderstanding and ignorance, we must be visible to bring attention to our plight. I feel most understand that and just use the "no one cares" lines as a childish retort.
Well spoken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Good comeback, showing two normal people as proud parents and equalizing that with prancing leather queens at a pride parade. I'm just guessing, but I take it you weren't exactly a rock star on the school debate team, eh?
Homosexuality is perfectly normal and natural, seeing as how it occurs in nature, normally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Gays are hardly marginalized nowadays. Conservative Christians are far more "marginalized" than gay people.
You know, of all the complete nonsense and BS I see on the internet (and that's a LOT of nonsense and BS!) I think this baseless, ludicrous idea that Christians are somehow marginalized, persecuted or mistreated in most areas of the world is the most nonsensical and full of BS.

The vast majority of people in this nation (and many, many others) self-identify as Christian. Most recent stats I've seen are that three-fourths of all Americans state they are Christian.

Christians in this country (and all around the Western World) have their own schools, their own radio stations, their own record labels, their own publishing companies, their own television networks, their own retail business chains, their own advertising firms, and on and on.

And this is leaving aside the fact you cannot drive three blocks in any American town without seeing at least one church or church billboard ad. Not to mention the increase of huge mega-churches cropping up all over the place. The churches that seat thosands of congregants.

And that's fine! This is all well and good, and as it should be. This is a free country and in no way do I think Christians (or any other believers or nonbelievers) should be prevented from practising their faith (or other beliefs)...I would be the first one on the streets protesting and fighting against attempts to hinder anyone from building a church or other house of worship, starting a faith-based business or generally practicng their faith.

But let's not pretend that Christians are in any way, shape or form marginalized, persecuted, discriminated against or otherwise mistreated in this half of the world or most of the rest of the world.

Because again, that is nothing but complete, baseless, ridiculous nonsense and BS.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:04 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,334,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The public is interested, frankly most people don't want to know if one is gay and follows after deviant sexual practices that are unnatural . But the gay agenda is pushing their sexual practices on the public and now our gay loving president is pushing it on the world.

No wonder the muslims hate us.. the liberal agenda wants the world to throw out morality and push demoralizing the world. Obama is chief demoralizer.
I would argue that hateful, fearful ignorance and bigotry is far more deviant and demoralizing than homosexuality.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:05 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
Gays, lesbians, transgender, has morals too. It being treated as an equal.
IOC should relocate the Olympics to Vancouver since the new law doesn't represent Olympic value.
Boycott should be reserve for the sponsors and seat purchase.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:06 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,951,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
It's nice to know you endorse government involvement/interference in the private lives of its citizens to that degree.

Where do you think the gay concentration camps should be erected?

Should we put ALL gay people in them,or just the "prancy" ones who don't "keep their antics to a minimum?"

Well spoken.

Homosexuality is perfectly normal and natural, seeing as how it occurs in nature, normally.

You know, of all the complete nonsense and BS I see on the internet (and that's a LOT of nonsense and BS!) I think this baseless, ludicrous idea that Christians are somehow marginalized, persecuted or mistreated in most areas of the world is the most nonsensical and full of BS.

The vast majority of people in this nation (and many, many others) self-identify as Christian. Most recent stats I've seen are that three-fourths of all Americans state they are Christian.

Christians in this country (and all around the Western World) have their own schools, their own radio stations, their own record labels, their own publishing companies, their own television networks, their own retail business chains, their own advertising firms, and on and on.

And this is leaving aside the fact you cannot drive three blocks in any American town without seeing at least one church or church billboard ad. Not to mention the increase of huge mega-churches cropping up all over the place. The churches that seat thosands of congregants.

And that's fine! This is all well and good, and as it should be. This is a free country and in no way do I think Christians (or any other believers or nonbelievers) should be prevented from practising their faith (or other beliefs)...I would be the first one on the streets protesting and fighting against attempts to hinder anyone from building a church or other house of worship, starting a faith-based business or generally practicng their faith.

But let's not pretend that Christians are in any way, shape or form marginalized, persecuted, discriminated against or otherwise mistreated in this half of the world or most of the rest of the world.

Because again, that is nothing but complete, baseless, ridiculous nonsense and BS.
The gay "rights" movement, the mainstream media, one national political party, and close-minded bigots on the left are continually demonizing conservative Christians as backwards, homophobic, bigoted, and stupid.

Don't tell me they're not marginalized. I know damn well they are.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:07 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

"Demoralizing"?

Old 08-10-2013, 11:09 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,951,731 times
Quote:
The gay "rights" movement, the mainstream media, one national political party, and close-minded bigots on the left are continually demonizing conservative Christians as backwards, homophobic, bigoted, and stupid.

And how many primetime television shows have been made glamorizing conservative Christians? Exactly ZERO. I could list 10 programs glorifying the gay lifestyle.

American culture glorifies gays and demonizes Christians as unsophisticated bigoted morons.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
What is "maths"? I see you failed your vocabulary lessons...
I see you don't have to work hard at being ignorant.

Last edited by Ceist; 08-10-2013 at 11:23 AM..

Old 08-10-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:

I have no doubt there must be some conservative "Christians" who aren't "backwards, homophobic, bigoted, and stupid."

But all you have to do is read some of the posts by posters who call themselves conservative Christians to see that many ARE "backwards, homophobic, bigoted, and stupid".

Last edited by Ceist; 08-10-2013 at 12:00 PM..

Old 08-10-2013, 11:24 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,820 times
Quote:
What is "maths"? I see you failed your vocabulary lessons...
No, you're the one who failed. Maths is a British term and perfectly acceptable..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies