Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 04:21 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You asked for it... and deserved whatever you got, unless you were gay. Homosexuals are the pedestal puppies, and must be exalted, no matter where they roam.

Common sense must not be in the gay vocabulary. There's a reason it's called "flaming gay", and if one decides that being "flaming gay" in a heterosexual atmosphere is using common sense... sh%t will happen!

To the OP, you are proof that ideological agenda has gone amuck. Gays will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, be accepted by 100% of the populous. Send a flaming gay into a straight bar and SH%t will happen. It has nothing to do with right or wrong. Straight people, no matter how liberal they are, will NEVER accept being hit on by the same gender. This is a fact.
#1: There is no proof that this guy was "hitting" on other males.
#2: Jamaicans and blacks are very homophobic and a lot of that stems from religious views.
#3: There is quite a distinction between be "accepted" and "murdering" another human because they appear different or act different.
#4: Your comment about sending a "flaming Gay" into a straight bar sounds a lot like of BS I hear when a woman is dressed provocatively and then is raped! "She was asking for it!"

Thank you for the "mental midget" talking points you provided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 04:46 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
But I knew, as a straight guy, that you have to watch out in a gay neighborhood...and I also knew she was a boy when we started making out.
Your straight card has been revoked.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:50 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You asked for it... and deserved whatever you got, unless you were gay. Homosexuals are the pedestal puppies, and must be exalted, no matter where they roam.
You could say the same about women who are beaten in Afghanistan all the time, or blacks in Libya...

Quote:
Common sense must not be in the gay vocabulary. There's a reason it's called "flaming gay", and if one decides that being "flaming gay" in a heterosexual atmosphere is using common sense... sh%t will happen!
Yes, and if you're a fundamentalist Christian in Seattle sh%t will happen too. So you wouldn't mind if something happened to a fundy around here?

Quote:
To the OP, you are proof that ideological agenda has gone amuck. Gays will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, be accepted by 100% of the populous. Send a flaming gay into a straight bar and SH%t will happen. It has nothing to do with right or wrong. Straight people, no matter how liberal they are, will NEVER accept being hit on by the same gender. This is a fact.
No, but a smile and a "I'm straight, sorry" usually works. I see it happen all the time at the "gay" clubs around here ( there are always a bunch of hot, single young women at our gay clubs nowadays and straight men looking for them. There are very few 100% gay clubs anymore)

And non-fundamentalists, no matter how conservative, will NEVER accept having a religion thrown on them by missionaries. That's a fact. Is it okay if we go back to doing what used to happen in that situation? Leo over here is just as hungry as his ancestors were...

Old 08-12-2013, 04:53 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Your straight card has been revoked.

It was the booze, what can I say? If women can do it...

And that is a question for homophobic men: are you grossed out by two (or more) beautiful women kissing and making love?

That is the catch 22 for male homophobes: if they are turned off and disgusted by Sasha Grey and Bree Olson making love, they are GAY THEMSELVES. If they are not, than they are hypocrites.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
It's one thing to criminalize homosexuality or even cross dressing (not that I think either should be outlawed) but it's entirely something else for one person or a mob of people to carry out an extra-judicial lynching. Who empowered them to be police, judge, and jury?
Apparently they empowered themselves. If one puts themself in the situation of facing such a crowd, they can stand there and quote law all they want as they're being beaten, but that beating will continue. Best not to put one's self in such circumstances. Again, it was the fault of the MAN ("transwoman" is a made up nonsense term) DRESSED AS A WOMAN who joined the party.

Quote:
This was also carried out on a former British colony. And how often do some Brits like to boast all their colonies inherited a "respect for law" that one fails to see in former Spanish and Portuguese colonies?
Perhaps the Brits are mistaken? Saying something doesn't necessarily make it so. And as you say, it's a former colony with no oversight by the UK nor any obligation to follow UK laws or social patterns.

Quote:
Well... in this case some citizens of one of their former colonies failed to live up to that image of total respect for the rule of law.
Yeah, make that argument as an angry crowd is chasing *you* down the street. Good luck with it!

Old 08-12-2013, 05:01 AM

945 posts, read 968,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Oh look, blaming the victim. Tell me, why aren't you calling out the dbags who did this to him?
I don't believe in murdering people by any stretch of the imagination. However, if an individual or a culture refutes cross-dressing and homosexuality I think they should be able to express and condemn it.

Murder is terrible, especially without true justification. However, the victim played a part in his death by knowing better than attending a party where he knew he would be an outcast.

It is like a 70 year old woman walking down the back alley at 3am with diamonds around your neck. Do you have a right to walk down the alley? Yes.
Is it legal? Yes
Is it dangerous? Yes
Will you probably get mugged or worse? Yes

Either he didn't care what anyone thought and died being himself or he was an imbecile that couldn't understand any better.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post
Likewise the social mores of this group of bigots shouldn't have applied to Dwayne Jones or any other individual expressing their lifestyle choices. This person dressed as a woman. That's it. An act of zealotry, violently so, was committed against him, not by him.
It obviously was a fatal mistake on the part of the gay cross dresser to express HIS lifestyle choice at a gathering of this particular group. And HE should have recognized that danger. And HE was being just as zealous in HIS insistance to express said choices at such a gathering. I'll bet HE won't make such a mistake again, and maybe some other such creatures will have learned a lesson from the consequences suffered.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:04 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
This person was a transwoman, not a gay man. Sexual orientation and sexual identity are two completely different issues.

What most likely happened was she simply wanted to experience life as a normal young woman and was killed by bigotry. It is absolutely disgusting. If you disagree with someone's lifestyle, just leave them be. I disagree with the horribly Nicene Christian church up the street, that praises their creator (Satan) loudly all the time. What, would it be okay for me to grab a molotov cocktail and burn it to the ground in the name of all the innocent Gnostics that people like them massacred while playing true Norwegian black metal? Of course not.

Even if you don't like what someone is doing, the civilized thing is simply to let them be. As we can see Jamaica has more than its share of barbarians among its population.
Firstly you are deluded to even think that this transwoman...as you put it wanted to "experience life as a normal young woman" _ She or he is NOT the norm - What do you think a classic macho Jamaican male would have thought?...if he were kissing this person and suddenly found a penis? Some would be so enraged for being duped that they might want to punch this person out. Your visions of Norweigian black metal and Churches of Satanic worship are quite wacked...it seems that you have considered tossing in a Molotov cocktail - but you don't because it is illegal....so stop thinking about it.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:18 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA
He knew the culture he lived in. What made him think he could dress like a woman and prance around at a straight party in a slum in Jamaica?
Maybe he didnt think anyone would realise..

Old 08-12-2013, 05:26 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Agree. What a complete idiot.

What was the point of his going to a straight party like that? What did he think would happen when a straight male made a pass at him? If a straight male started to flirt with him and then kissed him... what was he planning to do after that? The Jamaican culture is extremely homophobic. And any straight male there that was fooled into thinking he was a woman would think that a gay man was trying to trick him into a homosexual encounter... of course he was pummeled to death. Geesh.

I have no problems with transgender people, however please be honest about what you are and don't try to trick strangers into thinking that you are something that you aren't. Crossdressers have to be honest about what's underneath their clothing. And if you have a sex change operation, you also have to be honest about that with anyone you are planning to become physically intimate with.
Classic blaming the victim. He was 16 years old! Did you consistently use good judgement at that age - regarding sex or ANYTHING?

Good lord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies