Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 09:26 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,787,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
True, but blacks started voting Democratic in the early 1930's, and I believe one of the elections in the 1920's is the last time a Republican got a majority of the black vote.

As for states' rights, most blacks seem to see the federal government as the great liberator for their race, but what everyone in the country needs to understand is that the federal government is currently the great oppressor of Americans of all races, and has been for some time. If this tyranny is not stopped, all of us will be in chains, controlled like and treated like slaves on the plantation, and this will include blacks. Unless getting free stuff from one's owner and being enslaved with everyone else is their idea of freedom, I suggest they rise up for liberty.

My guess is that, much like some Southern whites, black people continue to vote Democratic because that's how they've always voted in the past. It's not as if voting Democratic all these years has yielded much in the way of results. Democrats currently take the black vote for granted and can completely ignore their interests, secure in the knowledge that lesser-evilism and tradition will keep them in line. The Tea Party provides something of a model for how a previously taken-for-granted group can exercise leverage to promote their interests. The Tea Party isn't exactly dominant yet, but Mike Lee, Rand Paul, and Ted Cruz would not be in the Senate without the Tea Party.
Im a capitalist but Im also a realist.African Americans have HAD to rely on the government to protect them because for so long,the private sector has oppressed them!
Government was the first to really give blacks any semblance of respect and authority.

Remember after the civil war.All across the South blacks ran for political office and won Governor ships,senate races and other political positions.
Of course that gave rise to the KKK and through that reign of terror it was the government after decades of the government non involment that put an end to it.
How would you think blacks would not prefer heavy government involvement because of this?

Its not that voting Democrat is great.Its not.But anyone that can say there is little difference is either not African American to feel the difference or either they are just not being truthful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 09:40 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,466,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Just a little while ago I read that people are once again flooding over the Mexican border and are being allowed in to stay just by uttering the words "credible fear" (of the drug cartels) and my first thought was how about the "credible fear" that young black males must have of ever finding a job again when they read something like this so you tell me, why do they keep voting Democrat? I don't think the politicians you keep voting for are worried about their jobs.

"A loophole is allowing hundreds of immigrants across the Mexico border in to the United States. Immigrants are being taught to use "key words and phrases" to be allowed to enter and stay in the country. Just this past Monday, Border Patrol agents say about 200 people came through the Otay Crossing claiming a quote: "credible fear" of the drug cartels. So many were doing this that they had to close down the processing center and move the overflow by vans to another station."

Loophole: People are being told to use "key words" to cross
Elementary, my dear Laura. More potential votes for the Democrats who couldn't care less about the good of the country. And before anyone jumps, the Republicans aren't much if any better. For all politicians it's about keeping their jobs first and foremost.

Old 08-14-2013, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Debates would end alot quicker if republicans ever tried to back their claims up with facts

Black unemployment rate hits 5 year low - Aug. 2, 2013
Wow.Just wow.The lengths some people will go.(shaking my head side to side)

Old 08-14-2013, 01:16 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Im a capitalist but Im also a realist.African Americans have HAD to rely on the government to protect them because for so long,the private sector has oppressed them!
Government was the first to really give blacks any semblance of respect and authority.

Remember after the civil war.All across the South blacks ran for political office and won Governor ships,senate races and other political positions.
Of course that gave rise to the KKK and through that reign of terror it was the government after decades of the government non involment that put an end to it.
How would you think blacks would not prefer heavy government involvement because of this?

Its not that voting Democrat is great.Its not.But anyone that can say there is little difference is either not African American to feel the difference or either they are just not being truthful.
The KKK was started by democrats. Now you vote for nothing but.

Old 08-14-2013, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Just a little while ago I read that people are once again flooding over the Mexican border and are being allowed in to stay just by uttering the words "credible fear" (of the drug cartels) and my first thought was how about the "credible fear" that young black males must have of ever finding a job again when they read something like this so you tell me, why do they keep voting Democrat? I don't think the politicians you keep voting for are worried about their jobs.

"A loophole is allowing hundreds of immigrants across the Mexico border in to the United States. Immigrants are being taught to use "key words and phrases" to be allowed to enter and stay in the country. Just this past Monday, Border Patrol agents say about 200 people came through the Otay Crossing claiming a quote: "credible fear" of the drug cartels. So many were doing this that they had to close down the processing center and move the overflow by vans to another station."

Loophole: People are being told to use "key words" to cross
I can't believe you actually don't understand why blacks vote Democratic and not Republican"
Let see.....For starters this:

Strom Thurmond
Jessie Helms
Trent Lott
Rush Limbaugh
Jon Hubbard-on Hubbard had released a book in which he argues the merits of slavery and claims desegregation ruined public schools.

Do I need to list more?There are SO many more examples!

Old 08-14-2013, 01:21 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Voting for Democrats or Republicans is just a matter of how fast do you want to drive over the cliff. They are basically the same creature. They waste our money but on different things.

Old 08-14-2013, 01:22 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
I'm confused as to why there should be any expectation for a political party to pander to any specific race.

Indeed, I believe it's actually racist for a political party to pander to a specific race or ethnic group. Political parties should focus on ideals and initiatives that are in the best interests for all Americans.
Exactly.

Politicians and the political parties now stereotype but they get by with it.

Promoting good jobs, lower taxes, good schools, lower crime rates, safe neighborhoods, less government interference = "white" issues.

Promoting affirmative action, increased food stamps, more poverty programs = "black" issues.

Promoting open borders and unlimited and very massive immigration and converting the USA into a Spanish speaking nation = "hispanic" issues.

Old 08-14-2013, 01:24 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
I can't believe you actually don't understand why blacks vote Democratic and not Republican"
Let see.....For starters this:

Strom Thurmond
Jessie Helms
Trent Lott
Rush Limbaugh
Jon Hubbard-on Hubbard had released a book in which he argues the merits of slavery and claims desegregation ruined public schools.

Do I need to list more?There are SO many more examples!
Hmmm.... what political party was George Wallace?

Old 08-14-2013, 01:50 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
The private sector doesn't oppress people or give people respect or give people authority. The private sector is simply the portion of the economy not run by the government. The private sector doesn't treat anyone good or bad. The private sector is millions of individuals each promoting their own self interest. It has no respect for anyone, nor does it have a lack of respect for anyone. It has no value judgments of any kind.

Now if you want to talk about general societal attitudes, that's different. But the private sector is an economic term, not a social term.

Quote:
I would think that because

A) It was federal government which enforced civil rights, but it was state government which enforced segregation and Jim Crow laws. It makes no logical sense to support government for ending the reign of terror when it was also government which enforced the reign of terror.
B) It was fifty years ago. There are no roving bands of vigilantes in white sheets out to get you and haven't been for decades.

Quote:
There is a big difference. Republicans will expect people to instill values in their children, get educations, and work at their jobs. Democrats will tell people that they are victims of racism and that the world is stacked against them and that the Democrats will give them aid as long as they vote Democrat.

If you follow the Republicans then you ("you" meaning the generic lower class minority) will have a short term hard time as you wean yourself off of welfare, but a generation from now you will enter the middle class.

If you follow the Democrats then a generation from now you will still be exactly where you are now - poor and uneducated and waiting for the Democrats to send you next month's check. Just as you are now exactly where you were a generation ago.

That's the harsh reality with no sugar coating.

Old 08-14-2013, 01:57 AM

7,498 posts, read 5,747,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
All you want is big government because as Democrats like to tell you, you can't make it on your own and you need big government. Any government too centralized will be too powerful. I grew up and move out of my parents house and don't need a government to take their place and take care of me how about you?
This is exactly why we have the constitution and the Bill of Rights. The founding fathers knew governments are corrupt and need to be kept in check by the people and is exactly why moonbats hate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies