Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 03:11 PM

10,582 posts, read 9,745,159 times

Advertisements

People have been waiting a VERY long time for the Global-Whatever advocates to produce proof that man is having an effect on the climate.

So far, zip.

Sometimes they come up with huge document dumps, but those never have any proof. Just pointers to other documents, that have pointers to yet more documents, ad infinitum. Never any actual proof.

Funny thing is, the Manmade-GW pushers remain absolutely convinced that man is having some effect on climate. The complete absence of proof, even after decades of opportunities to come up with it, doesn't seem to bother them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 03:19 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,032,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"It is possible it is partially due to man"

And it is JUST as possible that man has no affect on climate.

Did man cause the Ice Age and the subsequent return to normal climates?
Your logic is just as bad as Limbaughs.

Did God cause the Dust Bowl to become the Dust Bowl? I'll bet Lim-bore would say he did and you would likely agree.

Quote:
Carbon dioxide ended last Ice Age: study

"CO2 was a big part of bringing the world out of the last Ice Age and it took about 10,000 years to do it," says Shakun.

"Now CO2 levels are rising again, but this time an equivalent increase in CO2 has occurred in only about 200 years, and there are clear signs that the planet is already beginning to respond."

Carbon dioxide ended last Ice Age: study › News in Science (ABC Science)

Last edited by sickofnyc; 08-12-2013 at 03:40 PM..

Old 08-12-2013, 03:41 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,533,525 times
I think many question the grant dependent scientist especially on their theories and studies. Global climate changes have always occurred including cooling and warming. For man kind to think it can control it is foolish :IMO. there is a well documented studies showing climates change to include warming in the past. mnay are motived by the same economic resons has mnay other in the past that being they have economic investments like Gore.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:49 PM

22,230 posts, read 17,788,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I think most of Limbaughs listeners are liberals hoping to catch him in some gotcha moment they can scream about. He provides them with that very thing to keep them listening too. It's pretty funny stuff.
Hate to break it to you, but Limbaugh is a`Liberal making purposely idiotic statements to make a, well, certain group of people look rather funny. Oh, and make a lot of money from them in the process. I admire what he is doing, as do some of the other "personalities" that are emulating the Rush marketing plan .... why you may say? Because it works.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:52 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,920,471 times
You listen every day I'm sure. Well when your not hating on KC or women.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:52 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,651,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Funny how the global warmers never bring up nuclear testing but blame climate change on SUV's.
There hasn't been any significant nuclear testing since 1992. And most of the tests are/were underground.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:08 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,273,019 times
I can't see any reason to think that we produce magic carbon dioxide that doesn't trap heat. Arguments like "but man couldn't possibly affect the climate!" make no sense. If one call them arguments, that is. I haven't seen any actual arguments, just declarations from denialists that it's impossible.

It seems to me they don't really understand the subject matter here. It's more likely they've been told what their conclusion should be, then attempt (in vain) to make the facts fit this conclusion. Since such a position has no merit, they have to make things up the way Limbaugh and Inhofe do.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:23 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,651,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
I can't see any reason to think that we produce magic carbon dioxide that doesn't trap heat. Arguments like "but man couldn't possibly affect the climate!" make no sense. If one call them arguments, that is. I haven't seen any actual arguments, just declarations from denialists that it's impossible.

It seems to me they don't really understand the subject matter here. It's more likely they've been told what their conclusion should be, then attempt (in vain) to make the facts fit this conclusion. Since such a position has no merit, they have to make things up the way Limbaugh and Inhofe do.
I think you nailed it. In more specific terms, they don't like the idea that humans could possibly affect the environment or the climate, because they are afraid that any policy changes that might result from it could threaten their lifestyle.

Los Angeles was a smogged hellhole until the advent of emission controls on cars. Thousands of people died in London's Great Smog of 1952, then they changed the rules on home heating, and the air cleared. Someone brought up the Dust Bowl. The extremely poor farming practices up until that time made the economic and environmental impact of the drought of the 1930s far worse than it otherwise would have been. (Ken Burns did a great documentary on this topic.)

Old 08-12-2013, 04:27 PM

10,582 posts, read 9,745,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
I can't see any reason to think that we produce magic carbon dioxide that doesn't trap heat. Arguments like "but man couldn't possibly affect the climate!" make no sense. If one call them arguments, that is.
So why do you call them arguments?

They aren't. They are just people waiting for the Global-Whatever pushers, to prove their claims and demands thay we must all change our ways of life and turn over most of our resources to Government. Again.

And the Global Whatever people have failed. Every step of the way.

Still waiting....

Old 08-12-2013, 04:34 PM

22,230 posts, read 17,788,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
So why do you call them arguments?

They aren't. They are just people waiting for the Global-Whatever pushers, to prove their claims and demands thay we must all change our ways of life and turn over most of our resources to Government. Again.

And the Global Whatever people have failed. Every step of the way.

Still waiting....
And all this time I thought it was coming from Wash DC ...

Are cows the cause of global warming? | Time for change
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies