Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2013, 09:26 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

Political discrimination is against the law.

Remember the big settlements for X-employees, because they got fired for supported GW. Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 12:50 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,833,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclose View Post
my post is devastating to the hypocrisy of the democratic communists s-o-o .. I suspect that no one will have to worry about seeing it come morning!:d
see?

Old 08-16-2013, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
But who started this thread & the other thread about this story? Conservatives. Seems to me the only ones whining about this story incessantly are the conservatives.
Seems you and the other hypocrites do what you always do when caught with your panties in a snit .. Blame the conservatives!

Well, One of The most liberal (And Black) Democrats doesn't agree with you and makes clear .. Who started it all ..
Quote:
Appearing on Fox News Thursday morning, Democratic analyst Jehmu Greene told host Martha MacCallum and conservative radio host Lars Larson that the NAACP had gone too far in calling for a Secret Service investigation of the Missouri State Fair rodeo clown incident.

“The NAACP has jumped the shark on this one,” Greene said. “They do really great work in communities around the country. But this is—I agree with you, Lars—it’s ridiculous.”

Old 08-16-2013, 02:17 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
http://thedeathofamerica.org/images/rodeo-clown.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-16-2013 at 05:35 AM..

Old 08-16-2013, 02:26 AM

720 posts, read 705,425 times
Must not Mock King Obama....

Old 08-16-2013, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post
Must not Mock King Obama....
And just because she was honest .. this one time, I will Not mock or ridicule the name Jehmu!

Ridicule? .. #ell .. I can't even pronounce it!

Old 08-16-2013, 03:50 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
Most state fairs have beer tents and I've never heard any flap about that, are you suggesting that they represent family-friendly entertainment?
You can also get beer at the Bowling alley, when you bowl with your kids.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:52 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
But there is the clown wearing the mask. Another difference is that he's not black either. The point about it being publically funded is just a red herring, the outrage would be the same even if it was a private yet publicized event. You know it would be. I posted the other article.
First--rodeo clowns in the ring with a bull NEVER wear masks for safety reasons. The picture you're referring to is just a guy in a Bush mask--it has absolutely nothing to do with rodeos, so I'm not sure what you're yammering on about AGAIN.

As for the rest--I'm not outraged about anything--the only outrage I see are the people going on and on about "King Obama" and who are sure this is a violation of the clown's first amendment rights. All I've done is calmly explain WHY this guy got fired for very logical, rational reasons. I think being able to criticize our leaders--even make fun of them--is one of the most healthy things this country has going for it--you just can't expect to be able to do it at work while making a spectacle of yourself. The first amendment protects free speech, meaning that you can't be jailed for speaking out, but it doesn't protect you from the consequences that come with making inappropriate and unsafe choices while you're on your employers dime. The Fair Commission is non-partisan by statute, and actions by employees that make it appear that the Board has a political bias in one direction or another brings down a ton of bad PR (like this) and could jeopardize attendance, ticket sales, and potentially state funding. The State Fair is for EVERYONE in the state--urban and rural--and not just for people who hate President Obama. The Fair Commission ABSOLUTELY did the right thing to fire and ban that guy.

Last edited by mb1547; 08-16-2013 at 06:05 AM..

Old 08-16-2013, 05:57 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I'm not outraged about anything--the only outrage I see are the people going on and on about "King Obama" and who are sure this is a violation of the clown's first amendment rights. All I've done is calmly explain WHY this guy got fired for very logical, rational reasons. I think being able to criticize our leaders--even make fun of them--is one of the most healthy things this country has going for it--you just can't expect to be able to do it at work while making a spectacle of yourself. The first amendment protects free speech, meaning that you can't be jailed for speaking out, but it doesn't protect you from the consequences that come with making inappropriate and unsafe choices while you're on your employers dime. The Fair Commission is non-partisan by statute, and actions by employees that make it appear that the Board has a political bias in one direction or another brings down a ton of bad PR (like this) and could jeopardize attendance, ticket sales, and potentially state funding. The Fair Commission ABSOLUTELY did the right thing to fire and ban that guy.
Sort of like the private religious school firing the teacher over premarital sex.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:01 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,352,626 times
We know the right is racist, actually refreshing when they trot it out in the open air like this, or when the birthers spew. Next step is putting Klan insignia on black businesses' storefronts and cutting off state aid/letting black cities fail, like Detroit and Philly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies