Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 07:31 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post

Plus, having 2 grown men on top of you with one pinning your legs has to be scary, especially for a soft bodied woman like this woman was.
Here's an idea: If you're going to be arrested and cuffed by law enforcement, it might not be a good idea to resist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 07:34 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
The cops were over the top and should be fired. That said behave like a criminal and you can expect to be treated like a criminal.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:46 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Since it is a surveillance video, and there is no sound, we can't know, for certain what the "lady" said to the police officer, but I don't think it was "Yes Sir".

20yrsinBranson

UMMMM, and that would warrant a beating?????????????

She did nothing physical that would warrant that pathetic response from the PI*****.

Officer Chris Dorner..............RIP!

Old 08-12-2013, 09:44 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
So when exactly was she "beaten senselessly"? Looked pretty tame to me. They went to cuff the dirtbag thief and she resisted. Obvious case of another worthless member of society bringing a kid into the world they cannot support. Color me shocked. Oh, and I love the fact she threw the race card in there for good measure.

Nothing to see here. Move along.
No kidding. She certainly wasn't beaten senseless.

Some people just don't get it. It's very simple - don't resist and the police won't have to escalate the force required to subdue you. You can't win resisting the police, period end of story. They will always be able to bring more force until you're smothered and can't resist, so resisting is only going to make things worse for you and in this case probably turn a minor shoplifting citation into assault on a police officer.

If the police are going to arrest you, you have absolutely nothing to gain by resisting, especially if you're innocent. If you cooperate and they beat on you, you'll have a far stronger case for your lawsuit if you didn't escalate the situation.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:51 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Since it is a surveillance video, and there is no sound, we can't know, for certain what the "lady" said to the police officer, but I don't think it was "Yes Sir".

20yrsinBranson
So what? Why is okay to beat someone up for saying something unpleasant to you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon
Some people just don't get it. It's very simple - don't resist and the police won't have to escalate the force required to subdue you.
What exactly was she resisting when the cops decided to come over and assault her? Oh right, nothing, she was sitting in a chair and made a snotty comment, at worst. Last I checked, you don't get to assault someone for saying something you don't like. Or maybe she was just refuting what was being said about her? Who knows. Either way, the appropriate response to someone speaking is not to walk over and assault them.

Some people here will defend even the most repugnant behavior, provided its directed at someone they don't like.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:55 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Shoplifters certainly deserve to be slapped around IF they offer ANY kind of resistance( even store loss prevention employees should legally be allowed and even encouraged to get a few shots in) but beating down an ignorant woman for talking trash does appear to be excessive.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:58 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Shoplifters certainly deserve to be slapped around IF they offer ANY kind of resistance( even store loss prevention employees should legally be allowed and even encouraged to get a few shots in) but beating down an ignorant woman for talking trash does appear to be excessive.
Or, instead of encouraging the assault of people, we could detain them, consider the evidence against them, and dole out an appropriate punishment as warranted by the facts. You know, like civilized people.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:42 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
The police officers were disciplined. None of this would have happened had she not shoplifted - in front of her daughter nonetheless.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:53 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Or, instead of encouraging the assault of people, we could detain them, consider the evidence against them, and dole out an appropriate punishment as warranted by the facts. You know, like civilized people.
That would make too much sense.

I guess that poster would support us slapping around Police who break the law too.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:06 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
Quote:

20yrsinBranson
You're probably correct...she should have offered to kiss their a$$es, and lick their boots...that might have tempered their assault....a little
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies