Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 05:51 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,682,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
Oh, the drama.

Looks to me like they were trying to subdue and cuff her. I didn't see any fists flying.

Clue: It wasn't a beat down.

Second clue: Don't be an idiotic mother and take your kid to the scene of your crime.

Stupid people deserve beat downs, even though that's not what she got. It looks like the lady in red was searching her for a weapon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 05:52 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,739,791 times
dang those are some tuff azz cops

Old 08-12-2013, 05:57 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,780,510 times
She subsequently admitted to biting one of the officers:

Woman admits biting officer, but doesn’t think she deserved rough treatment | fox4kc.com

Old 08-12-2013, 06:00 PM

11,579 posts, read 13,957,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
She's a friggin' crook. She deserves worse.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:02 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,476,038 times
Quote:
Police beat woman senseless in front of young daughter - GRAPHIC
Woman steals in front of young daughter - GRAPHIC

Old 08-12-2013, 07:02 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,790,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
What a disgusting thing to say. Maybe you should beat the next time your being disrespectful in front of your mother.
s.
I have never shoplifted. However the few times that I have been confronted by the police I was respectful to the cops and I didn't have the nerve to be on my cell phone while they were talking to me. So far it has worked and I have never been forcfully taken into custody by them either.

Maybe she should try not being a theif in front of her daughter and granddaughter.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:06 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,209,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Eh...she was on the phone while talking trash to the cops. I dont feel sorry for her. The kid and the other woman left as it started.

detained does not mean the officers can beat the crap out of you. this is still supposed to be a country with rule of law. but it sure does look like that some don't want that anymore.

remember that little saying? innocent until proven guilty? guess what, it might be you or someone you know next time.

these cops should be fired and have all benefits removed and then prosecuted.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:18 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,790,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
detained does not mean the officers can beat the crap out of you. this is still supposed to be a country with rule of law. but it sure does look like that some don't want that anymore.

remember that little saying? innocent until proven guilty? guess what, it might be you or someone you know next time.

these cops should be fired and have all benefits removed and then prosecuted.
It won't be me next time. If so you'll see a video of a man sitting there calmly being compliant and remaining silent and waiting for his lawyer and then taking a beating if that is their perogative but that isn't what they are doing.

When I worked at Best Buy while I was in college the only way they'd take you into one of those rooms and call the cops is if they had you on video stealing stuff. I'm not saying that is the case here, or what store it is or their policy but I believe they don't do this unless they have pretty strong evidence against you.

If she is totally innocent that still doesn't give her the right to be rude and yell at the cops.

Full disclosure: I'm black and police make me nervous. I'm not a criminal and i have no record whatsoever but I have still had a few run ins with the cops over my nearly forty years. I always treat them with respect and it has kept me out of handcuffs or from being clubbed, tased or sprayed. I just wonder if this woman had been black would the feeling SOME of you have would be any different. Right or wrong you just shouldn't **** off the cops and even without sound I can tell this woman was being rude, obnoxious and uncooperative.

I'm not saying the one cop was justified for throwing punches just that I don't feel sorry for her or her kid and grand kid.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:22 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,136,551 times
Quote:
I have never shoplifted. However the few times that I have been confronted by the police I was respectful to the cops and I didn't have the nerve to be on my cell phone while they were talking to me. So far it has worked and I have never been forcfully taken into custody by them either.

Maybe she should try not being a theif in front of her daughter and granddaughter.
Ive been assaulted by the cops and unlawfully charged. Agreed upon by a judge. Some cops are criminals. Ask any honest cop and they'll tell you.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:25 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,136,551 times
Quote:
It won't be me next time. If so you'll see a video of a man sitting there calmly being compliant and remaining silent and waiting for his lawyer and then taking a beating if that is their perogative but that isn't what they are doing.

When I worked at Best Buy while I was in college the only way they'd take you into one of those rooms and call the cops is if they had you on video stealing stuff. I'm not saying that is the case here, or what store it is or their policy but I believe they don't do this unless they have pretty strong evidence against you.

If she is totally innocent that still doesn't give her the right to be rude and yell at the cops.

Full disclosure: I'm black and police make me nervous. I'm not a criminal and i have no record whatsoever but I have still had a few run ins with the cops over my nearly forty years. I always treat them with respect and it has kept me out of handcuffs or from being clubbed, tased or sprayed. I just wonder if this woman had been black would the feeling SOME of you have would be any different. Right or wrong you just shouldn't **** off the cops and even without sound I can tell this woman was being rude, obnoxious and uncooperative.

I'm not saying the one cop was justified for throwing punches just that I don't feel sorry for her or her kid and grand kid.
Theres a list a page long of Police brutality and excessive force. Every case is independent but the force is becoming more militarized and less respectf6l of people's rights. Cops are not above citizens and definitely not above the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies