Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 04:21 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
quit being silly.

active imaginations is exactly what the problem is going to be. seriously I was a 15 year old boy. I know what goes thru the mind.... LOL.

this is gonna be a mess.

As has been pointed out, it isnt just bathroom picking. It is what sport you play, who has access to which lockerroom.... etc.

this is a nightmare and it will end up hurting transgendered students.

I would not have even bothered to comment if Cali had passed a law creating transgendered restrooms. I get the conflict.... but this bill is a trainwreck.
I suppose so, but to state that EVERY 15 year old boy or teenager has those kind of thoughts running through their mind is a false statement. You're not taking into account the late bloomers who don't start to get sexual thoughts until later in their lives...I would know because it happened to me.

You make a decent point, but the active imagination isn't helping anyone.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:31 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
That would be cruel and inhumane to make them tote that giant key to the restroom in the gas station restroom.
I'd still leave a cinder block attached to it.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:39 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,472,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Broads? Charming. Not quite as charming as pulling your penis out and waving it at security guards, but charming nonetheless.
Hate that you missed that, huh? Maybe next time--since you're homo-philic (penis-philic if you're male).

You want find the yuppie NSA doing that. Especially outnumbered 6 to 1. Maybe a drunk Navy SEAL or a drunken associate of the Chicago Outfit. Maybe even a drunk Milwaukee cop.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:54 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
You have little understanding what exactly transgendered means. It goes both ways....

Old 08-13-2013, 06:05 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Some of you need to seriously educate yourself on what transgenderism is.

For the guys here (and yes, I say guys, because it's all male posters making these comments) - how would you feel if somebody forcibly removed your male genitalia and replaced them with female genitalia? Would you simply go about your lives making wonderful sandwiches and driving poorly? Or would you know that you're still a man? This is exactly how transgender people feel.

As for the boys pretending to be transgendered - it might be a fun, one (or few time) fantasy, but given the misogyny of most teenage males, do you think that one would really fully commit to being transgendered to see some girls in the locker room? Seriously? The shame of being a girl to a non-transgendered boy would be far, far greater than the thrill of seeing some girls in the shower.

Get a grip people.
I agree 100%, and I am a male

Old 08-13-2013, 06:13 PM

These right-wing hacks disgust me. Big deal, transgender students are treated as equals. It is a MEDICAL CONDITION which is RECOGNIZED BY SCIENCE.

Someone who is transgender didn't just up and decide to play dress up. It's the equivalent of having your brain in another gender's body. You people need to educate yourselves.

For crying out loud...this girl is ten times more girl-like than Honey Boo Boo (a show which, btw, the right wingers take parenting tips from)

Transgender at 11: Listening to Jazz - YouTube

And no one asks the obvious: if LESBIANS can use the girl's locker room, why can't a transgender girl? I think many girls would rather share a locker room with a transgender girl who likes boys than the younger version of Rosie O'Donnald.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Not as funny as the feigned outrage over how anybody would dare disagree with the government about where some transgender student should shower and pee. You go take a shower with em. Drop your soap too while your at it and see if you get a surprise. lol
I would much rather shower with someone who's transgender than share a shower room with a right-wing, evangelical preacher:

Ted Haggard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-13-2013, 06:21 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,074,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy_317 View Post
I am fine with how transgendered people feel, but at the same time, how about a non-trans female(s)? Why don't they get their rights and views protected and upheld? Why is it OK to cast aside their feelings in all this? See, this is part of the problem with "civil rights." We claim that we are moving to protect individual rights, but we don't. We are protecting classes of people, but at the same time, that requires violating another person's rights.
Okay, I have thought about this a little bit, and I understand why cisgendered people (especially females) would feel uncomfortable sharing restrooms, locker rooms, and showers with transgendered people. I don't know what the solution is. I don't think it's to lash out at transgendered people though and mock them mercilessly like some people in this thread do, however.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Okay, I have thought about this a little bit, and I understand why cisgendered people (especially females) would feel uncomfortable sharing restrooms, locker rooms, and showers with transgendered people. I don't know what the solution is. I don't think it's to lash out at transgendered people though and mock them mercilessly like some people in this thread do, however.

The solution is simple. Do what they did back in the days of my Roman ancestors: have co-ed lockers and showers, have people get over the human body, and move on.

Wow, you see another human being nude and they see you nude as well. Big f**^#in' deal. It's not like teenage girls are having an orgy in the locker room or anything (well, I have seen that exact thing on motherless...)

Why can't people just get over nudity? Just another sign of what's wrong with modern society.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:43 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Supporters say the law will help cut down on bullying against transgender students
More proof California voters are crazy. This bill won't do anything to cut down bullying. Do they really think that a girl going into the boys locker room is going to be picked on/teased/bullied LESS because of this? When the guys see a boy coming out of the girls locker/bath room he's going to be teased LESS? Not a chance.

Either the people pushing this are totally out of touch with reality, or they're not being honest - probably both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies