Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 07:31 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times

Advertisements

Yet the usual group of whiners are here to moan and groan about every "taxpayer dollar" spent on Obama's vacations.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 07:35 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times
I'm getting a kick out of watching the same people who complained about Obama vacationing now twisting, contorting, and spinning as hard as they can to rationalize how Bush vacationing 3 times as much as Obama is a somehow not as bad. Too funny.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:38 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I'm getting a kick out of watching the same people who complained about Obama vacationing now twisting, contorting, and spinning as hard as they can to rationalize how Bush vacationing 3 times as much as Obama is a somehow not as bad. Too funny.
And the rest of us are getting a kick out of watching the same Obama sack riding morons who still blame everything on GW Bush are now trying to twist numbers to make it seem like he was on vacation when he really wasn't. Too funny.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:38 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,193,808 times
If there is one thing I remember when President Bush was vacationing in Crawford, TX, he was always clearing brush. I am sure the White House Press corp probably hated going to Texas with all that dust and dirt and sawdust flying around as Bush was cutting down trees and brush!

This whole who took more vacation days, President Obama or President Bush, is much to do about nothing. Are sitting Presidents' truly ever on vacation?

Old 08-13-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
And the rest of us are getting a kick out of watching the same Obama sack riding morons who still blame everything on GW Bush are now trying to twist numbers to make it seem like he was on vacation when he really wasn't. Too funny.
Obama took about 90 days of vacation and Bush took about 320 days of vacation. Those are verifiable facts, so once again your issue isn't with Obama supporters. You're issue is with reality.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:03 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Your continual name calling is getting old and is against the TOS.

Quote:
Obama took about 90 days of vacation and Bush took about 320 days of vacation. Those are verifiable facts, so once again your issue isn't with Obama supporters. You're issue is with reality.
This. ^^

Old 08-13-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
My issue is with people who are too stupid and dishonest to acknowledge that every day that President Bush spent in Crawford wasn't a "vacation day". If you apply the same criteria to both Presidents Obama and Bush are about the same when it comes to true vacation days.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Your continual name calling is getting old and is against the TOS.

This. ^^
Are you once again assuming that I was talking about you? Maybe you should put me on your ignore list if you can't handle it.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:08 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Right. The experienced diplomatic press corps did not understand how diplomacy works. Mmm, hmm!
Well now ..... if you delve into the career State Department people (not to mention the press that thinks we are all dumb-dumbs if you live outside the "Elite" beltway) ...... you will find that some of these folks have been doing this "great diplomacy" since the 1980's.

Question .... How is that working out for us?
Presidents depend on their "advisors" and their background/experience.
Some are better than others, they each can direct things as they please.
The "blame game" only works for so far - an Adult eventually has to take some responsibility and the "Press" needs to step up to the plate and think about what their real job is.

Hint ..... it's not celebrity status and promotion of their particular Political Agenda. This "press" (and I use the term very loosely) is not doing their "guy" any favors and has no feeling what-so-ever about what is good for the Nation as a whole or even the Political Party they are now blatantly supporting.

Bottom Line ..... I sorta feel sorry for Obama. His followers are not helping him at all.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
My issue is with people who are too stupid and dishonest to acknowledge that every day that President Bush spent in Crawford wasn't a "vacation day". If you apply the same criteria to both Presidents Obama and Bush are about the same when it comes to true vacation days.
Keep telling yourself that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies