Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 05:04 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I never made any claim about the effect of the ARR act of 2009, you did, and your claim was that the economy stopped collapsing before it was signed. You then moved the goalpost to say that none of the money was spent until late 2009/early 2010 when spending was not related to your original claim. I only pointed out that spending did in fact start before late09/10 and that you were wrong again.
Wrong.. You attributed BUSH spending to Obama and then claimed that stopped the economy from collapsing..
Quote:
My only question was what bill were you talking about and you still haven't answered that. (Hint: Obama did sign a different bill after the economy stabilized)
NOT A GOD DAM DIME of Obamas was spent before the economy stabilized. You keep talking about things like TARP, first time home buyers, child credits etc, THOSE WERE BUSH PROGRAMS.. If you think Obama "saved" the economy, then clearly you'd attribute the deficit to Obama, right? Or is that Bushs?

Hypocrite!!!
Quote:
You're also wrong about the home buyer credit. While it is true that Bush signed the credit into law, the ARRA of 2009 increased and expanded the first time homebuyer credit.
The Obama change to the first time home buyers program didnt take place until October 2009 once again AFTER the economy stopped collapsing..

FAIL!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 06:34 PM

658 posts, read 1,336,229 times
Didn't make any difference that gwb took so many days, the idiot was so clueless he could have been at a desk every day and still wouldn't have been in charge of anything.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:44 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,908,288 times
Of course the opposition party will criticize the President every time he goes on vacation. But the latest one throws them even more red meat. They went to Martha's Vineyard, right next to Chappaquidic.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:00 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtramp View Post
Didn't make any difference that gwb took so many days, the idiot was so clueless he could have been at a desk every day and still wouldn't have been in charge of anything.

Kind of like Obama?

Old 08-18-2013, 06:17 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wrong.. You attributed BUSH spending to Obama and then claimed that stopped the economy from collapsing..
I claimed no such thing. You said the economy stopped collapsing before Obama ever signed a bill, you were wrong about that. Then you tried to move the goal post to talk about spending. Once you did that you claimed not one penny was spent before the economy was stabilized, you were wrong about that. You also claimed that the home buyer credit had nothing to do with Obama and was already on the books, you were wrong about that. Now you are claiming that Obama's change to the home buyer program did not go into effect until Oct of 2009, you were wrong about that.

Just stop digging the trench.

Quote:
NOT A GOD DAM DIME of Obamas was spent before the economy stabilized. You keep talking about things like TARP, first time home buyers, child credits etc, THOSE WERE BUSH PROGRAMS.. If you think Obama "saved" the economy, then clearly you'd attribute the deficit to Obama, right? Or is that Bushs?

Hypocrite!!!
I gave you a link you a site dated May 22, 2009 showing how much of the money was spent. Plus, I also gave you a list of tax credits that were included in the ARRA of 2009.

I didn't make a single claim about who saved the economy, who racked up the deficit, or who believes in aliens. I brought up TARP because you did not and still haven't told me what bill you were even talking about.

Quote:
The Obama change to the first time home buyers program didnt take place until October 2009 once again AFTER the economy stopped collapsing..

FAIL!!!
Not according to the IRS press release.

There was a very specific reason why I kept trying to get you to tell me exactly which bill you have been talking about. Obama signed the 2009 Worker, Homeownership and Business Assistance Act on Nov 6, 2009, but the ARRA of 2009 was signed on Feb 17, 2009.

Feb. 25, 2009

Expanded Tax Break Available for 2009 First-Time Homebuyers

For first-time homebuyers this year, this special feature can put money in their pockets right now rather than waiting another year to claim the tax credit," said IRS Commissioner Doug Shulman.

“This important change gives qualifying homebuyers cash they do not have to pay back.” The IRS has posted a revised version of Form 5405, First-Time Homebuyer Credit, on IRS.gov. The revised form incorporates provisions from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. The instructions to the revised Form 5405 provide additional information on who can and cannot claim the credit, income limitations and repayment of the credit.

This year, qualifying taxpayers who buy a home before Dec. 1, 2009, can claim the credit on either their 2008 or 2009 tax returns. They do not have to repay the credit, provided the home remains their main home for 36 months after the purchase date. They can claim 10 percent of the purchase price up to $8,000, or $4,000 for married individuals filing separately.

=====Details on the Bush program are DIFFERENT than the Obama program=====

The IRS also alerted taxpayers that the new law does not affect people who purchased a home after April 8, 2008, and on or before Dec. 31, 2008. For these taxpayers who are claiming the credit on their 2008 tax returns, the maximum credit remains 10 percent of the purchase price, up to $7,500, or $3,750 for married individuals filing separately. In addition, the credit for these 2008 purchases must be repaid in 15 equal installments over 15 years, beginning with the 2010 tax year.

Last edited by lycos679; 08-18-2013 at 06:25 AM..

Old 09-16-2013, 09:05 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
I claimed no such thing. You said the economy stopped collapsing before Obama ever signed a bill, you were wrong about that. Then you tried to move the goal post to talk about spending. Once you did that you claimed not one penny was spent before the economy was stabilized, you were wrong about that. You also claimed that the home buyer credit had nothing to do with Obama and was already on the books, you were wrong about that. Now you are claiming that Obama's change to the home buyer program did not go into effect until Oct of 2009, you were wrong about that.

Just stop digging the trench.

I gave you a link you a site dated May 22, 2009 showing how much of the money was spent. Plus, I also gave you a list of tax credits that were included in the ARRA of 2009.

I didn't make a single claim about who saved the economy, who racked up the deficit, or who believes in aliens. I brought up TARP because you did not and still haven't told me what bill you were even talking about.

Not according to the IRS press release.

There was a very specific reason why I kept trying to get you to tell me exactly which bill you have been talking about. Obama signed the 2009 Worker, Homeownership and Business Assistance Act on Nov 6, 2009, but the ARRA of 2009 was signed on Feb 17, 2009.

Feb. 25, 2009

Expanded Tax Break Available for 2009 First-Time Homebuyers

For first-time homebuyers this year, this special feature can put money in their pockets right now rather than waiting another year to claim the tax credit," said IRS Commissioner Doug Shulman.

“This important change gives qualifying homebuyers cash they do not have to pay back.” The IRS has posted a revised version of Form 5405, First-Time Homebuyer Credit, on IRS.gov. The revised form incorporates provisions from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. The instructions to the revised Form 5405 provide additional information on who can and cannot claim the credit, income limitations and repayment of the credit.

This year, qualifying taxpayers who buy a home before Dec. 1, 2009, can claim the credit on either their 2008 or 2009 tax returns. They do not have to repay the credit, provided the home remains their main home for 36 months after the purchase date. They can claim 10 percent of the purchase price up to $8,000, or $4,000 for married individuals filing separately.

=====Details on the Bush program are DIFFERENT than the Obama program=====

The IRS also alerted taxpayers that the new law does not affect people who purchased a home after April 8, 2008, and on or before Dec. 31, 2008. For these taxpayers who are claiming the credit on their 2008 tax returns, the maximum credit remains 10 percent of the purchase price, up to $7,500, or $3,750 for married individuals filing separately. In addition, the credit for these 2008 purchases must be repaid in 15 equal installments over 15 years, beginning with the 2010 tax year.
That tax credit was BUSH's credit..

Obama RETROACTIVELY changed the law

Obama Signs First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit Extension <---- note the date, NOVEMBER 6th, 2009

And that didnt happen until the end of the year..

I've never met an individual who retroactively purchased a home, maybe you can point one out to me..

Tell me how the hell someone takes credit in 2008, NOTE YOUR PART IN RED, and give that credit to Obama, if Obama wasnt sworn into office until 2009?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies