Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Direction Do You Want The Country To Go In?
Smaller Government, More Freedom, More Personal Responsibility 139 70.20%
Bigger Government, Less Freedom, Less Personal Responsibility 10 5.05%
Other 47 23.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 09:36 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool85 View Post
What a stupid dichotomy you've presented.

I have no idea why certain Americans are so obsessed with this anti-government ideology. It's very bizarre.

Well i not anti government but the more the try to do the more the get in the way IMO.

Can anyone name a program the government runs that works like it should?

I do like some of Rand Paul ideas ............................................. Love him or hate him he is right on what i posted bellow.

Long term incumbency leads to politicians who seem to care more about what is best for their career than what is best for their country. With each successive term, politicians grow more and more distant from the people. It is time to put an end to the profession of "career politician," and impose limits on how many times a member is allowed to seek re-election.
In order to address this issue, I co-sponsored S.J. Res.1, along with my colleague, Senator David Vitter (La.). This joint resolution calls for a constitutional amendment which would place a limit on the amount of time a Member of the U.S. House or Senate may serve in office to a maximum of 12 years per chamber.

I believe in more local control over education, where states, localities, and most importantly parents can play a much more significant role in their children's schooling. The federal government has simply used its power to disregard parental rights, restrict teachers, and leave kids with an unsatisfactory education, unable to compete in a quickly advancing world. Innovation in education will never come from an overgrown federal bureaucracy, mandating standards and discounting local input.

I propose to restore the parental right to be responsible in educating children. I support reduced taxes so that parents can allocate more of their own funds to homeschooling, if they so desire. I also seek to prevent the Department of Education from regulating private and homeschooling options and will fight to keep the Federal Government's hands out of these promising alternatives to conventional public education.

Education Rand Paul | United States Senator

I just do not need the governments help so go away and let me run my own life .

Old 09-30-2013, 09:52 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool85 View Post
What a stupid dichotomy you've presented.

I have no idea why certain Americans are so obsessed with this anti-government ideology. It's very bizarre.
you are just whining and complaining that soooo many more are in favor and are starting to demeaned smaller, limited government..

you have no idea why certain Americans are anti big government?

many using our money to pay weapons for the rebels in Syrian and the cartels in mexico, yet they want to disarm us..

70 plus federal agencies have armed personal yet they do not to secure the border....but harass and abuse law abiding citizens..

Create the most complex tax code in the history the human race, and refuse to adopt a fair tax...

create mile upon miles of red tape to hamper job growth.

Passing moronic laws that prevent us from harnessing our own energy source, breathing millions of jobs.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:11 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Gotta love how some people view their own personal perspective, no matter how self-motivated, no matter how much it marginalizes others, no matter how antisocial it is, showered with baseless positive attributes instead of its actual negative attributes, and no other perspectives have any positive attributes. It's like Upside Down Day.
Yep, you've described liberals very well.
Quote:
Gordon Gekko said, "Greed is good." Some people seemed to have taken that as education instead of the sentiments of a man (Michael Milken, who Gekko was rumored to be based on) whom society determined was so transgressive that he's been banned from ever interacting with the public in the investment arena ever again. It's a bit like taking child-raising advice from Marcus Wesson, or political advice from Anthony Weiner.
Greed is good. It's what makes the world work. It's why the economy of every communist country has been weak. People want to be rewarded for their work. It's why the majority of innovation occurs in free market societies. People want to profit from advances. If liberals could understand that, they'd be manipulated by authoritarian politicians less often.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:01 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
And really, if you truly need someone to explain it to you, it would be a waste of time to try.
No need to explain it, we can all spot a racist when we read one....

Old 09-30-2013, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
No need to explain it, we can all spot a racist when we read one....
disagree with your leftist views and dreams of an all powerful state and you are a racist or a domestic terrorist, we dont care about your name calling or personal attack....the opinions of fools are worth less then nothing.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:58 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
For starters:

Faster growing economy

Lower unemployment

Rising std of living for the 99%

Drastically less spending on bomb craters in the middle east

Massive improvements to aging infrastructure
How the massive debt the federal and state governments owe means they are in debt and cannot afford to just rebuild all the aging infrastructure ad then you have people that are against some infrastructure upgrade projects.

We need to Rebuild our whole power Grid, Roads, tunnels, overpasses, bridges, pipelines and right now the skilled trades are begging for people to get into one and are paying very well and lots of jobs to be filled as the Boomers who take on apprentices to teach their trade as well as in class theory and book work and in 3-4 years you will be a journeyman electrician, HD diesel mechanic, Pipe fitter, metal fabrication/welder.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:10 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
What Direction Do You Want The Country To Go In?

Feel free to list what you want, and issue that matter to you as well as solutions.
What direction? We have elected Obama TWICE! Are you blind?

Old 10-01-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
What direction? We have elected Obama TWICE! Are you blind?
..no but then again he barely won in the last election...plus after 4 years most people will be wise to the moronic polices of the left..

Old 10-07-2013, 06:54 PM

The shut down is more proof of the wasteful size and nature of government.

Old 11-18-2013, 05:02 PM

Ok, in the age of the spectacular failure of obamacare, do you think people are seeing Big Government for how wasteful and destructive it is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies