Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 11:46 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I still want to know why she was passed over in 2008 dem primaries in favor of a guy with 1/10th her experience.....and her supporters were called racists by other democrats.

So don't kid yourself, you guys have already turned up your nose at her once and are cheering her now but will dump her for someone more charismatic and photogenic in a heartbeat.

That's the sad part, she's a strong candidate but she is by no means any sort of lock for the dem nomination.
Who else is going to jump in on the Democratic side? It's a long way out until the NH primary, but Joe Biden comes in second place with 8% of the vote. Hillary is in first with 62%.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:46 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Oh, I doubt that. The right-wing will try and throw everything at Hillary and it will just come across as vile and desperate. Hillary will be able to focus on issues and solutions while the right-wing foams at the mouth about everything you just listed.
Did you support Hillary in 2008? If not why?

Old 08-13-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Did you support Hillary in 2008? If not why?
I supported most of the candidates and liked them all in different aspects. At first I was actually pulling for John Edwards, before I knew how big of sleaze ball he was. After he dropped out, I didn't care either way if Obama or Hillary won. I did vote for Obama during the primary though because my state primary was toward the end of the season and Edwards had already dropped out. I decided on Obama because he was against the Iraq War.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Who else is going to jump in on the Democratic side? It's a long way out until the NH primary, but Joe Biden comes in second place with 8% of the vote. Hillary is in first with 62%.
At this time before the 2008 election, I doubt you'd have 10% of the US population that new who Obama was.
He was in his 1st year as a US senator.

I'm just pointing out the irony that Hillary got pushed aside by a 1st term senator with a fraction of her stature and experience because he was vastly more charismatic, younger and a better orator etc.

Just saying.....

Old 08-13-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
At this time before the 2008 election, I doubt you'd have 10% of the US population that new who Obama was.
He was in his 1st year as a US senator.

I'm just pointing out the irony that Hillary got pushed aside by a 1st term senator with a fraction of her stature and experience because he was vastly more charismatic, younger and a better orator etc.

Just saying.....
I know what your saying, I just don't see anyone with Obama skills and stature that has the chance to take on Hillary again. Just because it happened in 2008 doesn't mean a repeat is bound to happen.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I supported most of the candidates and liked them all in different aspects. At first I was actually pulling for John Edwards, before I knew how big of sleaze ball he was. After he dropped out, I didn't care either way if Obama or Hillary won. I did vote for Obama during the primary though because my state primary was toward the end of the season and Edwards had already dropped out. I decided on Obama because he was against the Iraq War.
Yes, I too fell for Obama's "anti-war" patter in 2008, I guess the joke was on us (among others).

I don't vote in primaries so my vote was in the main event.

I'm just making a point that Hillary realistically got screwed over because of a flashier less experienced option and that could reasonably happen again.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Yes, I too fell for Obama's "anti-war" patter in 2008, I guess the joke was on us (among others).

I don't vote in primaries so my vote was in the main event.

I'm just making a point that Hillary realistically got screwed over because of a flashier less experienced option and that could reasonably happen again.
I actually listened to Obama during the primary and he never claimed to be "anti-war." He was against the Iraq War and also pledged to increase troops and funding to fight the Afghanistan War and he pledged to take out bin laden even if he was hiding in Pakistan. To claim Obama claimed he was "anti-war" just doesn't match up with reality.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:58 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
I still want to know why she was passed over in 2008 dem primaries in favor of a guy with 1/10th her experience.....and her supporters were called racists by other democrats.

So don't kid yourself, you guys have already turned up your nose at her once and are cheering her now but will dump her for someone more charismatic and photogenic in a heartbeat.

That's the sad part, she's a strong candidate but she is by no means any sort of lock for the dem nomination.

Hillary would have won if not for the debacle in Florida and other states moving up the primaries and then getting penalized by reducing the number of delegates.

I supported Hillary in the primaries in 2008 precisely because she was/is more qualified, better known around the world and - respected - around the world than any other American politician right now. It was awful what the Dems did, and it's actually why I dropped the Dem party to go Independent.

Republicans will do anything to derail the air of inevitability of another President Clinton.

Honestly though, part of me believes there is no better representative of the last days of the Republican party than this guy:

Who embodies (no pun intended) the archetypical Republican and the Republican party right before it's complete fall into the hands of zombie-like religious nutbags who will feast on the last of pragmatic government flesh until there's nothing left. Plus, he's pretty much how the world views Americans these days anyway.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:02 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
I would've thought the stench of weiner would be the last thing associated with Hillary.

Fish, maybe.
Maybe she's stuck with her finger in the dyke trying to hold back a flood of problems?

Old 08-13-2013, 01:16 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
That's right! The Clinton's mastered this drama! Hillary can't run from it now!

Bill and Anthony = Two Peas In A Pod

Hillary and Huma = Two Peas In A Pod

Birds of a feather flock together.

When you lay down with dogs, you're bound to get up with fleas.

When you wallow with pigs, you're bound to get dirty.

Sorry Hillary. You have the stench of Weiner all over you, and you can bet that the comparisons will be 100% relevant when you decide to run for President. Wait and see!

Hillary Clinton trying to shake Anthony Weiner

It is funny and entertaining to sit back and watch both sides try to marginalize those they see as gaining steam for a run at the office, the gate keepers hold the keys to. Ask Ron Paul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies