Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2008, 03:04 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,970,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
yet a man and a dog are both mammal....and a dog can consent, just not verbally, i.e. he acknowledges and allows you to pet him without bitting you!
We're talking legal consent here, bud. That would be consent with understanding of ramifications and consequences of said consent. Once you can get a dog to explain to you that it understands full ramifications of marriage, get back to us. Until then, try thinking like an adult.

Quote:
...how about transvestites??? Where do they fit in on your scheme of things?

If a bearded, long haired, hormonal, hairy man with breast implants, and got his thingy cut off i.e. obvious 'transvestite', kisses another transvestite who got their boobs cut off, penis sewed on, hormonal, woman i.e. obivious transvestite, and is in front of you at the grocery store, how do you react now????

Now what if they decide to have dog hair surgically implanted on their body????

..etc?
How would you react to someone you simply find unbearably ugly? What difference does it make?

Quote:
a man has a penis, his partner has a penis....a woman has a vagina, her partner has a vagina........whether religious or not, there is no way they can pro-create, therefore your argument on progression makes no sense if my argument on man hooking up with a dog is considered insane.....
Gay men and gay women can certainly procreate, just not with their partners. Same as heterosexual couples where one of the spouses is barren/sterile, etc. They seek help from outside for a sperm donor, surrogate mother, or they simply adopt.

Quote:
....there's no natural, scientific reason for it to 'make sense', yet it happens!

People already hook up with animals now, it's just not mainstream, not yet..................just like gay's weren't mainstream 20 years ago.

..gays aren't new, they've bee around for thousands of time, just as beastiality.....

...if you're so progressive, where do you draw the line?
At legally understood consent.

Quote:
Again, I'm not gay bashing, I'm just presenting a plausible argument that really isn't that far fetched in 20 years.
Your argument is far from plausible because you are ignoring requirements for being able to give consent in our legal system.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:27 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Transvestism is the practice of cross-dressing, which is wearing the clothing of the opposite sex.

Transsexualism is a condition in which a person identifies with a physical sex different from the one that they were born with or assigned in cases where ambiguity of the child's sex organs led to assigning them a physical sex.

Your uneducated bias is showing.

Old 02-02-2008, 04:00 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,683 times
Ok...

I have decided to explain to my 9 year old that these people are ill and need help and there brain must not have developed correctly because god created us all with Adam and Eve and Not Adam and Adam or Eve and Eve.

I am going to tell her that if she sees this again to just feel sorry for them because they are not right and maybe some day medicine will find a way to fix them.

Sad how kids have to see this crap and start asking questions.

Old 02-02-2008, 04:32 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
I am going to tell her that if she sees this again to just feel sorry for them because they are not right and maybe some day medicine will find a way to fix them.
People don't need yours or your daugher's pity for their sexual orientations.

Old 02-02-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
People don't need yours or your daugher's pity for their sexual orientations.
Dont need pity, just need to make sure DD understands the two men who are french kissing in public are having some problems. We seen this happen and it is not right that kids have to ask questions why are they doing this when they know it is not natural.

Old 02-02-2008, 04:48 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,793 times
Quote:
...kids have to ask questions why are they doing this when they know it is not natural.
Kids don't know one way or another what is natural and what is not until parents or someone else tell them. When they ask questions, they are asking because they are seeing something unfamiliar. Same thing if a white child has never seen a black person before, for instance--innocent questions are likely to be asked. My point in this post is to point out that people are not born with prejudices or viewpoints of any kind--an infant coming into the world has no concept of whether men love women, or each other, or anything else.

Old 02-02-2008, 05:13 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Kids don't know one way or another what is natural and what is not until parents or someone else tell them. When they ask questions, they are asking because they are seeing something unfamiliar. Same thing if a white child has never seen a black person before, for instance--innocent questions are likely to be asked. My point in this post is to point out that people are not born with prejudices or viewpoints of any kind--an infant coming into the world has no concept of whether men love women, or each other, or anything else.
Yup! I grew up in the San Francisco area, and we had many family friends who were/are gay... my mother never even bothered explaining it, since there was nothing to explain. They were simply human beings, who happened to have a partner of the same sex (if they weren't single). Because of the attitude my parents have towards this issue, NONE of their children have any problems with it - in fact, my straight brother's best friend is a gay man, whom we've kinda adopted as our "other brother/son" (since most of his "real" family has rejected him ). If you don't tell a child that homosexuality is weird, abnormal, or something to be prejudiced towards, they will never know that kind of hate. I think my parents did a fine job with this subject, and I plan to raise my children in the same manner... they'll be accepting and tolerant of different types of people, since I will not give them the chance or thought of being otherwise.

Old 02-02-2008, 06:33 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,563 times
Quote:
Dont need pity, just need to make sure DD understands the two men who are french kissing in public are having some problems. We seen this happen and it is not right that kids have to ask questions why are they doing this when they know it is not natural.
seems the uncomfortableness and misunderstanding is not so much from your daughter.. but from you.. in your mind.. you believe in "the word" and accept no other alternatives in explaination of life.. therefore when you see something conflicting to that belief... you are confused, bothered, and don't understand it because you have made the decision to only indulge in one ideology.. and that is "the word" adam and eve and the whole "story"
there is nothing wrong with having your beliefs.. but you are setting your children up for failure by passing on such closed minded tactics... believe it or not there is such thing as open minded christians.. its a matter of saying.. "hey I don't have all the answers.. god does.. and one day we'll know why things were the way they were.. but for now.. live and let live"
your daughter is asking out of curiousity... and you are letting your uncomfortableness influence how to react... and blaming it on gays/lesbians for even putting such an issue on the discussion board by kissing in public.. NOT because your daughter is going to be harmed by the truth.. but because you THINK that she will be.. because your own mind tells you to condemn it or pity it because it is not as good as you...

very sad...

Old 02-02-2008, 06:39 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,216,682 times
Quote:
Ok...

I have decided to explain to my 9 year old that these people are ill and need help and there brain must not have developed correctly because god created us all with Adam and Eve and Not Adam and Adam or Eve and Eve.

Sad how kids have to see this crap and start asking questions.
Certainly your prerogative, and as a dad who helped raise three kids I can understand where you are coming from in your sentiment. The problem that you may find, however, is if your own child turns out to be gay. The lessons of revulsion and rejection may be difficult to reverse.

Old 02-02-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
seems the uncomfortableness and misunderstanding is not so much from your daughter.. but from you.. in your mind.. you believe in "the word" and accept no other alternatives in explaination of life.. therefore when you see something conflicting to that belief... you are confused, bothered, and don't understand it because you have made the decision to only indulge in one ideology.. and that is "the word" adam and eve and the whole "story"
there is nothing wrong with having your beliefs.. but you are setting your children up for failure by passing on such closed minded tactics... believe it or not there is such thing as open minded christians.. its a matter of saying.. "hey I don't have all the answers.. god does.. and one day we'll know why things were the way they were.. but for now.. live and let live"
your daughter is asking out of curiousity... and you are letting your uncomfortableness influence how to react... and blaming it on gays/lesbians for even putting such an issue on the discussion board by kissing in public.. NOT because your daughter is going to be harmed by the truth.. but because you THINK that she will be.. because your own mind tells you to condemn it or pity it because it is not as good as you...

very sad...
She is doing fine without your help thank you. Top 1% in the country among all 4th graders and wins awards one after another.
Its my just to protect her from people who are not normal. Sorry, but thats my job and my opinion. She already knew without me saying a word that it is NOT normal for two guys to be kissing, she already knows that a child has a mom and a dad without me telling her different.
What is sad is that you can have all the open mind you want, but what is wrong is wrong and what is right is right and what we saw that day was not right and should be banned from children seeing this.
I dont care what they do in their own home, but in public, I do and I will continue to find a way to protect my child from the weirdos amoung us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies