Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2013, 07:31 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,618,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
You lost that argument plumber. In that Pyrrhic victory at the Supreme Court you lost all the important issues.

The right to bear arms has been declared ritual. The firearm is now in there with the Sikh knife. Your right to carry it is guaranteed. YOu can show your manhood by displaying your bolt action in the rear window of the pickup. I would think local regulation confining arms to revolvers, shotguns and bolt action rifles are very likely to be found acceptable. I don't know if they can ban hand guns but it would not surprise me.

Note this is actual a wide conspiracy including the NRA. Once you agree to ANY law that restricts guns you have lost. It is either "no law" or whatever. The court picked whatever.

I am not sure the founding fathers were right. But they sure did write it plain...but the conspiracy found the reality unacceptable.
You lost as soon as you dropped into that whole "showing manhood" drivel. Just couldn't resist the teptation to lapse into insults and innuendo. Credibility=0. I don't quite know where this fantasy Utopia you're living in is, but your GPS has gotten you pretty lost in it. That anyone outside of your worls falls into stereotypes has me doubting any possibility of rational discussion with you.

Such is tbe way of things. Not once, no matter how hard I have tried, has a discussion with a anti 2A type not seen tbat tired spew about "manhood" get tossed out. (Sigh) I used to get angry about it. Now, all I can do is shake my head and shrug.

In an attempt to express what the concerns are, in opening up the Constitution to "modification" , your real agenda did, however, become plain. One point of view, mandated by law, that stifles all dissent. A mania, that somehow has you believing the views you represent MUST go unchallenged, because these views know what is best for all.

I wish you luck in your quest. Lmao. Not really, but I am still trying to stay within the boundaries of courtesy, however sarcastic the attempt may be. If you wish to discuss "manhood" issues, or the vicarious placement of such, I suggest the psychology forum. Perhaps your ...theories ...may find a home.

Last edited by NVplumber; 08-16-2013 at 08:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 08:10 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,286,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Just itchin for some trigger time, arn't you?

I would assume that the Democrats are the tyrants and the conservatives are the patriots in your mind?

Well, what are you and the acorn waiting for? Step away from the keyboard and Strap that AR15 on your shoulder, load up those mags and get to it. The tree of liberty is waiting.

I'll read about your exploits in the next edition of the local paper with the headline, "Man goes nuts in a mall with an assault rifle. Said he wanted to water the tree of liberty." Successfully subdued by 15 year old girl with a can of pepper spray.
Or then again, perhaps you would like to be the first one through the door when they come to take my arms. You seem perfectly comfortable with the prospect of putting someone else in that position.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:13 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Meh...no one cares about gun bans anyway. Criminals or non-criminals.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:28 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,818,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh...no one cares about gun bans anyway. Criminals or non-criminals.
Non criminals care because it turns them into felons.

The majority of guns owners to not follow the goings on in Sacramento of over 20 gun bills. Many of these bills will turn regular people who are going about their regular lives into felons. A ww2 vet with his old m1 carbine and 15 round magazine stashed away in the attack, felon. Regular guy who buys a glock 17 back in the 90's for home defense with a 17 round magazine, felon. Someone breaks into your home and steels your gun in your nightstand, you are now a criminal. You buy some ammo from your neighbor, you are now a criminal. You lose a gun and you don't tell the police, you are a criminal. You have a Remington 7400 hunting rifle that you don't register as an "assault weapon," you are now a criminal. You own a magazine that looks like it can hold more than 10 rounds, you are now a criminal.
That is just the laws being proposed this year, I does not include all the crap that has been passed the last 20 years.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:06 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,795,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
You lost as soon as you dropped into that whole "showing manhood" drivel. Just couldn't resist the teptation to lapse into insults and innuendo. Credibility=0. I don't quite know where this fantasy Utopia you're living in is, but your GPS has gotten you pretty lost in it. That anyone outside of your worls falls into stereotypes has me doubting any possibility of rational discussion with you.

Such is tbe way of things. Not once, no matter how hard I have tried, has a discussion with a anti 2A type not seen tbat tired spew about "manhood" get tossed out. (Sigh) I used to get angry about it. Now, all I can do is shake my head and shrug.

In an attempt to express what the concerns are, in opening up the Constitution to "modification" , your real agenda did, however, become plain. One point of view, mandated by law, that stifles all dissent. A mania, that somehow has you believing the views you represent MUST go unchallenged, because these views know what is best for all.

I wish you luck in your quest. Lmao. Not really, but I am still trying to stay within the boundaries of courtesy, however sarcastic the attempt may be. If you wish to discuss "manhood" issues, or the vicarious placement of such, I suggest the psychology forum. Perhaps your ...theories ...may find a home.
What insult? If you don't see the connection it is because you find it unpleasant and duck it. Just read a couple of the boasts on here on on the references cited. While not all gunnies have the problem a substantial subset do.

I actually support permissive concealed carry ala Nevada and such. I am not anti-second. But I am anti these idiots who are going to man the road blocks and put the Feds in their place. Pure unadulterated idiocy.

I doubt there will be a change to the second. There is too strong a minority against any change. So no I do not believe it will change making it stronger or weaker. So we live with the courts incorrect view...as agreed to by the vast conspiracy.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:00 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,780,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Extra credit questions:

(a) Who wrote this?
(b) What is the name of the document?

Hint: It's not just a pretty speech. It's a law, as legal and binding as any other Federal law in the United States.
It is a general proposition.
Uh-oh. Sounds like we have another issue the leftists are afraid to address straightforwardly.

Last edited by Little-Acorn; 08-16-2013 at 01:22 PM..

Old 08-16-2013, 01:04 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Just itchin for some trigger time, arn't you?

I would assume that the Democrats are the tyrants and the conservatives are the patriots in your mind?

Well, what are you and the acorn waiting for? Step away from the keyboard and Strap that AR15 on your shoulder, load up those mags and get to it. The tree of liberty is waiting.

I'll read about your exploits in the next edition of the local paper with the headline, "Man goes nuts in a mall with an assault rifle. Said he wanted to water the tree of liberty." Successfully subdued by 15 year old girl with a can of pepper spray.
Oh, snap.

Keyboard commandos ... they're so scawyyyyyy!

Old 08-16-2013, 01:08 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,816 times
I wonder what would happen if lefties --- ooo especially scary Muslims, brown people and blacks -- suddenly started talking about their ammo stockpiles, the "tree of liberty," and the "threats" and "tyranny" from the "fascists" on the right.

Gun control legislation would pass fast enough to make our heads spin.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
ooo especially scary Muslims, brown people and blacks --
Why do you find Muslims, brown people, and blacks so scary, as you said?

Such statements are becoming more and more common from liberals. But I've never heard a coherent explanation from them.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
fast enough to make our heads spin.
Too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies