Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2013, 11:13 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Was it the right decision for the baby being aborted?
What baby? You seem to think that a cluster of cells is a baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 11:13 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Can't make a decision without a brain that can decide. In fact, parents make decisions for their fully formed born growing kids all the time. Do you know why that is?
My 20 month old is incapable of making decisions for herself. Should I be allowed to abort her life? I'm simply using your criteria.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:14 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
A 16 y/o was recently kidnapped by a 40 y/o man, who had a crush on her, and held captive for approximately a week before being shot and killed by law enforcement officials.
It's well within the realm of possibility that she was sexually assaulted during this time period.
Question>If she were impregnated, do you feel she should be forced to carry the fetus to term or have the choice to abort?

This is a red herring, always brought up by the pro-abortion crowd to dismiss the fact that the vast majority of abortions are not done in cases of rape or incest.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
What baby? You seem to think that a cluster of cells is a baby.
I do? My skin that I shed is a "cluster of cells". You seem to think hat a living baby with its own brain, central nervous system and unique DNA should be allowed to have it's brain stem punctured without anesthesia, all in the name of "choice". You're a radical abortion extremist and your War on Babies is being exposed.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:31 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
I do? My skin that I shed is a "cluster of cells". You seem to think hat a living baby with its own brain, central nervous system and unique DNA should be allowed to have it's brain stem punctured without anesthesia, all in the name of "choice". You're a radical abortion extremist and your War on Babies is being exposed.
A living baby is one that is outside of the womb. A zygote is a cluster of cells. Not knowing the difference makes you look pretty stupid.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:46 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
A 16 y/o was recently kidnapped by a 40 y/o man, who had a crush on her, and held captive for approximately a week before being shot and killed by law enforcement officials.
It's well within the realm of possibility that she was sexually assaulted during this time period.
Question>If she were impregnated, do you feel she should be forced to carry the fetus to term or have the choice to abort?

Ronald Reagan`s Funny answer - YouTube

Old 08-15-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
A living baby is one that is outside of the womb. A zygote is a cluster of cells. Not knowing the difference makes you look pretty stupid.
Soooooo, using your tortured logic, a baby in the womb is dead, despite heartbeat, brainwaves, laughing, hiccuping, kicking, etc. And I'M the stupid one? Not only are you a radical abortion extremist waging a War on Babies, you're also Anti Science. Congrats, you win today's daily double!

Old 08-15-2013, 01:39 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Congrats, you win today's daily double!
Naw - they neglected to give their answer in the form of a question.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:00 PM

687 posts, read 1,494,306 times
Since the question keeps getting asked, I did a little Internet research. There are many varying criteria to be examined before a charge of "double murderer" will be considered, but there seem to be 3 constant schools of thought: 1) The suspect knew or "should have known" the victim was pregnant. To me, this would mean the suspect knows the victim personally, and has been told she's pregnant, or she's far enough along so that anyone looking at her could see she is pregnant. 2) The victim is pregnant with a "viable" fetus. In other words, if the baby could have lived, the suspect is guilty of killing it. 3) A suspect can be charged with double murderer if the mother is pregnant, regardless of the cellular makeup of the fetus. Examples 1 and 2 are used by more states. Seems fair to me. Example 3 is a little more of a gray area, for purposes of the discussion here. Regardless of the guilt of a 3rd party, EVERY state specifically excludes abortion from consideration of guilt. As someone else here pointed out, at that point it is the mother's choice.

I feel fortunate that I have never felt abortion was a choice I had to make. I have, however, known a number of women who have made this choice, and several who probably should have. (A mother allows her 13-year-old daughter to move in with her 23-year-old boyfriend, then has boyfriend arrested when daughter shows up pregnant. Boyfriend now in jail, mom doesn't allow "bad" daughter to come home. Daughter pregnant, living on streets with friends, drinking and smoking weed. How does this have a happy ending?) I have never known someone to make the decision to abort flippantly. In a perfect world, these pregnancies wouldn't happen. In a kind world, I think we can offer these women compassion and support, instead of judgement and condemnation.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:49 PM

229 posts, read 332,136 times
Quote:
but how often do you hear a mother say, "I really regret having my daughter, I should have aborted her when I had the chance"?
It was stated at least once and implied on many more occasions, whilst I was growing up. Hence my own reluctance towards having had children myself. Although I'm an antinatalist, I don't begrudge those women that do want to have children of their own if they are equipped for the job.

Quote:
Right, because if given a choice, me thinks a baby would choose to not be aborted.
False, I personally would have chosen to have been aborted, had I been given the choice as a baby. But I'm here now, and have to make the best of life however long it may still be.

Last edited by TheUnknown67; 08-15-2013 at 03:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies