Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 03:35 AM

24,494 posts, read 33,228,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
We lost when the fascist neocons stole the election in 2000 and 2004.
Only the extreme wacko leftists really believe that.

Quote:
We lost our Republic in all but name and I wonder how we will get it back.
That's what the wacko leftists say when they lose a Presidential election. Yawn...

Quote:
For a start we can repeal Homeland Security and the Patriot Acts.
The Patriot Act has prevented several terrorist attacks. You really want something repealed that has saved lives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 04:07 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,722,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Only the extreme wacko leftists really believe that.

That's what the wacko leftists say when they lose a Presidential election. Yawn...

The Patriot Act has prevented several terrorist attacks. You really want something repealed that has saved lives?
Love the sweeping statements. I can't believe you don't think politicians on either side nowadays aren't capable of fraud and deception. Are you really that devoted of a follower of your demi-god? Because I have never heard of anyone being quite as dedicated to an entity like the words up there , not even questioning the possibility of fault on YOUR side, unless they believed the side they're fighting to defend is faultless, pure, and perhaps even divine.

I guess the Wacko leftists "made up" all of the dirty work Alberto Gonzalez did and was simply just hyping up the media when your wonderful and valiant senator decided to give a blowjob in a public restroom too huh?

Old 11-17-2007, 05:00 AM

36,644 posts, read 67,325,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Love the sweeping statements. I can't believe you don't think politicians on either side nowadays aren't capable of fraud and deception. Are you really that devoted of a follower of your demi-god? Because I have never heard of anyone being quite as dedicated to an entity like the words up there , not even questioning the possibility of fault on YOUR side, unless they believed the side they're fighting to defend is faultless, pure, and perhaps even divine.

I guess the Wacko leftists "made up" all of the dirty work Alberto Gonzalez did and was simply just hyping up the media when your wonderful and valiant senator decided to give a blowjob in a public restroom too huh?
There's a whole lot of denial going on. Its like theyre under hypnosis and they are trained to overlook any corruption by anyone that is of their party.

Really quite scary.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:55 AM

5,408 posts, read 7,784,541 times
Quote:

They might want to check most recent polls - the "Wacko Leftists" now make up about 70-80% of the population, depending on the polls. Makes you wonder who the wackos really are?

Old 11-17-2007, 10:37 AM

119 posts, read 202,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Support the troops!!! Send them to war!!!!

Thats what I'm hearing these days when people yell support the troops. I gave this failed Iraq policy a lot of chance and support, not because I believed in the President's handling of Iraq, but because I hoped like hell we could stabilize Iraq enough for them to secure their country long term. While things are going pretty descent the last few weeks, it is quiet obvious that Bush is not going to be satisfied with a stabilized Iraq, even if we can get that to happen. He wants to start another war, and send more troops to the middle east. He is depleting our financial resources, and he is depleting our military strength.

Supporting our troops means caring about their well being both here at home and abroad. It doesn't require wanting to send them off to war in order to support them.
who said supporting the troops means sending them off to war?? thats not true at all I think what people mean when they say "support the troops" is exactly that, support them, they are doing their job and whether you agree or not they are sacraficing and so are their families so showing you support them does not mean you support sending them to war. Dont you want things to go well in Iraq? even if you dissagree with why we went in? whats wrong with supporting the job our troops are doing over there?

Old 11-17-2007, 02:28 PM

24,494 posts, read 33,228,746 times
Quote:

Why is it there is only "election fraud" when Republicans win?

Regarding Gonzalez... big deal... he fired 8 attorneys. 92 were fired during the last administration. Why didn't the liberals whine about that?

Old 11-17-2007, 02:33 PM

397 posts, read 263,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
So I am sick of the right wing slogan "Support our Troops". Yet their tours are lngthened, their families suffer and they receive little in pay or benefits upon their return home. Then they are getting sent back for more tours. The dems had a decent idea of requiring troops to spend equal time at home as they do in Iraq (1 year on, one year off) but our troop supporting leaders on the right squashed it.

Heres an idea

Each time a soldier completes a tour of duty in Iraq he receives 500K. In the event he is killed, his family receives $1,000,000.

To pay for this we can have windfall taxes on oil companies. They are each raking in billions of dollars each quarter and this war is honestly going to benefit them more than us as a nation. If our war was really about terror or the inhumane actions of a regime, we would also be in Darfur and we'd have many many more troops in Afghanistan.

Any thoughts? I think there needs to be some action associated with "Support our Troops" its not just a bumper sticker. I'll even pay a little extra in taxes, they deserve it and they should have never been sent to this sham of a war.

I am sorry, I disagree with Soldiers getting 500K after completing a tour and $1,000,000 if they should die, I would rather the troops come home and the military only be used in conflicts that are vital to the USA's safety

I will agree with incrased taxes on the Oil Companies and Haliburton who are profiting from this war

Old 11-17-2007, 09:40 PM

167 posts, read 430,593 times
Like it or not, our troops are cannon fodder and trust me, I sincerely mean no disrespect to the men and women or their families, who are risking their lives. But it is true. We are in Iraq for one reason only. Oil. There is nothing of importance in Afghanistan but there is much in Iraq. Like the worlds second largest geological deposits of oil, just behind Saudia Arabia.
As the worlds largest user's of petrolium, we need a steady, uninterupted source. Former president Bush made the comment that we could not have an individual like Sadham Hussein in control of one fifth of the worlds oil supply. (Response to Hussein's invasion of Kuwait) One couldn't possibly believe that we went into Iraq for any other reason!?
We will be in Iraq for a long, long time and you and I will have nothing to say about it. If polls show that a majority of American's want and end to this war, then why hasn't that happened? Because what you and I think means nothing! We should never kid ourselves about who is in charge and it's certainly not us.
I can think of two times when the American people stood together (for whatever reason) and fought for what they believed to be the truth. I can think of no other time in our history when we have had such a gathering of forces. My point is, that we have no will as a people. I think attrition has beatin us down.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:20 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,886,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
They might want to check most recent polls - the "Wacko Leftists" now make up about 70-80% of the population, depending on the polls. Makes you wonder who the wackos really are?
just out of curiosity, where do you get information that the wacko leftists now make up about 70 -80% of the population?

Old 11-18-2007, 07:45 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,197,274 times
I proudly wear a flag lapel pin each day.

I proudly fly the flag at my home and at my office.

I proudly support our troops, in what I believe are meaningful ways all the time including volunteering my time, and monies, to organizations that help make our troops lives a little easier

I proudly support those troops who have been wounded in combat - again in what I believe are meaningfull ways including transportation, visitations in hospitals and helping their family members

I proudly support our troops who have given the ultimate sacrifice for our great nation by lending moral support to their families and attending funerals of many who have died.

God Bless our troops and their families

God Bless America
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies