Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 02:33 AM

36,631 posts, read 67,207,834 times

Advertisements

I can deal with a little torture, but nothing too kinky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 02:53 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,902,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I can deal with a little torture, but nothing too kinky.
its only kinky the first time right?.....

Old 11-17-2007, 04:47 AM

36,631 posts, read 67,207,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
its only kinky the first time right?.....
LOL So Ive heard

Old 11-17-2007, 03:18 PM

1,409 posts, read 4,850,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
that aforementioned phelps clan is a bunch of biggots, rednecks and opressive minded people, and it is far more than the slightest peep, they are no more rational or reasonable than any muslim extremist, only difference is that our nation "opresses" christians to the degree that the poor phelps group can't push their agenda.
That Phelps crew is a bunch of cult carnies. They are not Christian. Just because they claim to be "Christian" or "Baptist" doesn't make them so—any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Their "church" is in fact a congregation of ≈75 members of the Grandpa Phelps' extended family. The message they preach bears no more resemblance to Christ's gospel than poison ivy has to a Great Sequoia!

I've even become convinced over time that their purpose may in fact be to discredit real Christians in the public eye—acting like wackos in the name of "Christ" so the already Christophobic media will paint all Christians as bigoted freaks.

As a candid observer, please don't fall for it!

Old 11-17-2007, 03:20 PM

397 posts, read 262,781 times
the Islamic Funamentalists and Christian fundamentalists just need to get together and have one big orgy

Old 11-17-2007, 03:21 PM

12 posts, read 26,499 times
Why not just let people be. My philosophy in life is "Live and let Live".

Old 11-18-2007, 09:51 PM

1,048 posts, read 4,336,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayzdvus View Post
Why not just let people be. My philosophy in life is "Live and let Live".
Well that would just be too simple, aye?

Old 11-30-2007, 05:44 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,316,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterNative View Post
That Phelps crew is a bunch of cult carnies. They are not Christian. Just because they claim to be "Christian" or "Baptist" doesn't make them so—any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Their "church" is in fact a congregation of ≈75 members of the Grandpa Phelps' extended family. The message they preach bears no more resemblance to Christ's gospel than poison ivy has to a Great Sequoia!

I've even become convinced over time that their purpose may in fact be to discredit real Christians in the public eye—acting like wackos in the name of "Christ" so the already Christophobic media will paint all Christians as bigoted freaks.

As a candid observer, please don't fall for it!
I don't think all christians are that way, but there are plenty of them that are, i live in a pretty religious area, sort of like bible belt lite... and i hear plenty of outright bigotry from these people that are such good christians.

more of my point was , sort of what you are talking about, claiming to be a Christian doesn't make it so, i agree with that totally. i was more questioning how the gay haters rationalize being christian, and especially the evangelists with the big mouths that preach radical crap to a few nuts just to get rich, those people aren't christian either, they just look like it.

most of what i was getting to is that it is just another example of someone using the power of religion to give leverage to their own ideas, biases and agendas.

it has to be one or the other, either A) people are abusing religion and posing as christians, or B) there are a lot of christians out there that preach a message of hate and bigotry. A would mean that the christian nation idea is just an illusion, B would mean that christianity isn't really the best idea.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:47 PM

638 posts, read 2,276,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
It is interesting there is no outcry from gays here in this country on this. Just as surprising is how the NOW bunch stays silent on the horrible torture and oppression of women in the Middle East. I have even heard such idiotic remarks as "well, it is their culture and they have the right to their sharia laws, etc." ad nauseum. Hypocrisy at its best, worst.....
No, I think that the whole Muslim/Islamic culture is so overwhelmingly primitive that it is impossible to even know where to start. They punish women for getting raped. They kill children for being gay. Why are we even on a planet with people so primitive? How is western society supposed to deal with a hateful RELIGION that controls a GOVERNMENT? How to deal with people who would kill a woman who names a teddy bear after a prophet? I mean really, how are westerners, regardless of political bent, even supposed to get a grasp on this?

Old 12-01-2007, 12:32 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,506,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleer View Post
No gays in Iran? We can fix that--send in the Navy!
The Iranian leader probably isn't all that extreme in his remarks about the presence of homosexuals in Iran. After all, I wonder how many Americans who live in small towns think there can't be any homosexuals there, either?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies