Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 01:08 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
That's just another false hood from science...... Blacks do not carry the same DNA. 0 neanderthal dna, therefore they can't be the place 'we' all came from.

Don't take my word for it search 'neanderthal dna'

That doesn't really mean anything.

Asians and Europeans were exposed to other human sub groups, where Africans were not. The debate is whether the Neanderthal DNA is the result of a common ancestor, or inter-breeding of Neanderthals with humans.

Some blacks do have it, though, because they have an ancestor from north of Sub-Saharan Africa.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Hispanic simply means given a Spanish surname, the Catholic religion, and the Spanish language. Nothing more, nothing less. It means to be Hispanicized.

No need to make a big deal about it. They don't give a damn about Spain.

Anglos should just worry about their own identification. Nevermind what the Latinos are doing.

Old 08-16-2013, 03:15 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I'm guessing then that your family no longer is on the receiving end of discrimination, systematic abuse and oppression. That is why you feel you have no reason to be angry about the past. That's not the case for many Latin Americans, who continue to be discriminated against, abused, oppressed or ignored because of who they are based on race, class, religion, color, citizenship or country.

You've never experienced oppression. That's why it is so amusing to you. Self-hatred is real and prevalent, and you don't understand it because you have no reason to.

There are white women with black hair. But getting back on-topic, there's a difference between experimenting with your appearance and openly admitting that you're doing so because you don't like who you are or how you look based on who you are.
Really? Are you claiming that Hispanics are being discriminated against in the U.S.? You've got to be kidding if that is your claim. If anything they are being coddled and pandered to instead. Hell, our politicians are falling all over themselves to get their votes by selling out our country to their illegal counterparts. All kinds of accomodations are being made to them in Spanish also and English speaking Americans are being denied jobs because they don't speak Spanish. Geez, I'd like to be discriminated against in that manner.

Old 08-16-2013, 03:24 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Really? Are you claiming that Hispanics are being discriminated against in the U.S.? You've got to be kidding if that is your claim. If anything they are being coddled and pandered to instead. Hell, our politicians are falling all over themselves to get their votes by selling out our country to their illegal counterparts. All kinds of accomodations are being made to them in Spanish also and English speaking Americans are being denied jobs because they don't speak Spanish. Geez, I'd like to be discriminated against in that manner.
Wouldn't we all. I always thought I'd have made a fine minority.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:23 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You said black people don't have Neanderthal DNA. I refuted that by saying I do. Doesn't matter where it came from or how I got it. You've been proven wrong.
why would we even want it? who cares if we don't have it? it's not some trophy to not be of the original man. however, I realize what you are saying is right as many people of black African descent in the Americas these days can trace their DNA to a white male ancestor. that's not progress, that's defeat.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:31 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
why would we even want it? who cares if we don't have it? it's not some trophy to not be of the original man. however, I realize what you are saying is right as many people of black African descent in the Americas these days can trace their DNA to a white male ancestor. that's not progress, that's defeat.
Well, there are two ways to look at this.

If you are referring to the fact that female slaves were often raped by their owners, then that is obviously a very bad thing.

On the other hand, you seem to be suggesting that in the absence of slavery, only racial purity would = "progress".

Are you really opposing interracial marriages?

Old 08-16-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Well, there are two ways to look at this.

If you are referring to the fact that female slaves were often raped by their owners, then that is obviously a very bad thing.

On the other hand, you seem to be suggesting that in the absence of slavery, only racial purity would = "progress".

Are you really opposing interracial marriages?
I don't care what others do, but I am against interracial marriage for my family (my children), not because of the genetics, but because of the social issues and inequality we still face. neither is progress. just because I say intermixing with non blacks isn't progress doesn't mean that not mixing is progress. I'm addressing the idea that mixing, whether with non blacks or thousands of years ago with Neanderthals is progress, which some believe.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
I don't care what others do, but I am against interracial marriage for my family (my children), not because of the genetics, but because of the social issues and inequality we still face. neither is progress. just because I say intermixing with non blacks isn't progress doesn't mean that not mixing is progress. I'm addressing the idea that mixing, whether with non blacks or thousands of years ago with Neanderthals is progress, which some believe.
lmao

Oh. Your one of those.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
lmao

Oh. Your one of those.
One of what?

Old 08-16-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
One of what?
I believe racist bigoted hick is the PC term these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies