Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2013, 03:48 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Thread 11. This is getting tedious. I hope you guys are at least getting paid decently for making us slog through this bs.
Maybe if you would read the facts, you wouldn't waste your time with nonsense.

Unfortunately, you live in the clouds in Seattle. It's like you live in another country, to be honest.

Don't worry though, when Boeing leaves and many of your other companies that cannot compete globally due to the high cost of living associated with your region, you will then be forced into reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 03:55 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
...and clearly the propaganda machine of the Koch Bros/Big Oil has doubled down recently because there has been an inordinate amount of denier threads lately.
As opposed to the propaganda machine of the Rockefellers/International Bankers who pay scientists to create alarming science?

Old 08-15-2013, 03:56 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,775,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
Maybe if you would read the facts, you wouldn't waste your time with nonsense.

Unfortunately, you live in the clouds in Seattle. It's like you live in another country, to be honest.

Don't worry though, when Boeing leaves and many of your other companies that cannot compete globally due to the high cost of living associated with your region, you will then be forced into reality.
Where, pray tell, should I be getting my facts? I hope you say CNS or perhaps some sort of Heritage Foundation website. What ever happened to Wattsupwirththat? You guys used to be such fangirls of that blog!

Old 08-15-2013, 03:56 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
I always find it funny that the arm chair blowhards copying and pasting here have atmospheric science all figured out.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:00 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
I find it funny that people who think man-made global warming exist and aren't even scientists...

Old 08-15-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I always find it funny that the arm chair blowhards copying and pasting here have atmospheric science all figured out.
The person I got this from was a credible source. I admitted in the opening post, opening line that this wasn't my work, but it does make sense.

If you want to waste your life on nonsense issues, that's your prerogative, but believe me, when I say there are far more pressing issues at hand.

And no, I'm not talking about gay sex or racism. I'm talking about, will you have a job in the future?

Old 08-15-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Where, pray tell, should I be getting my facts? I hope you say CNS or perhaps some sort of Heritage Foundation website. What ever happened to Wattsupwirththat? You guys used to be such fangirls of that blog!
"You guys." Interestingly enough, you categorize me when this is my first post on this issue.

I just choose not to waste my time on ridiculous issues. Why don't you debate those points being made instead of whining about how I'm wrong, and you're right.

Prove it.

Prove that there is no earth and no sun. Prove your assertions.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:14 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,775,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
"You guys." Interestingly enough, you categorize me when this is my first post on this issue.

I just choose not to waste my time on ridiculous issues. Why don't you debate those points being made instead of whining about how I'm wrong, and you're right.

Prove it.

Prove that there is no earth and no sun. Prove your assertions.
If you copy and pasted in the first place, what makes me think that you could even form a coherent argument against my assertions?

The sun is not causing the recent trend in warming: if it were, the equator would be warming up faster than the poles (its not), and the warming pattern would be following the sunspot cycle (its not). Its not due to the Milank. Cycles because the warming would be happening a lot more slowly. Also, we've been out of the last orbit induced ice age for a good 10,000 years now.

But hey, keep posting pictures from 8th grade Earth Science textbooks and try to convince us that pictures of the solar system "prove" that climate change doesn't exist.

And now I feel ridiculous for wasting time on yet another sponsored thread.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
If you copy and pasted in the first place, what makes me think that you could even form a coherent argument against my assertions?

The sun is not causing the recent trend in warming: if it were, the equator would be warming up faster than the poles (its not), and the warming pattern would be following the sunspot cycle (its not). Its not due to the Milank. Cycles because the warming would be happening a lot more slowly. Also, we've been out of the last orbit induced ice age for a good 10,000 years now.

But hey, keep posting pictures from 8th grade Earth Science textbooks and try to convince us that pictures of the solar system "prove" that climate change doesn't exist.

And now I feel ridiculous for wasting time on yet another sponsored thread.
What a cop out. You can't refute one point. If I didn't understand what was being posted, I wouldn't have the insight to post it in the first place.

Use your head.

Regarding an ice age, you do realize that certain events can cause a rapid end to the ice don't you? Such as an asteroid event?

You didn't think about that one, did you?

But you know everything right? You know it all. You're just another narcissist that thinks he knows it all, but doesn't know a damn thing, but what he's been told by another narcissist.

The cycle continues.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:44 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
You clearly are far, far, far from knowledgable if you believe this nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
...and clearly the propaganda machine of the Koch Bros/Big Oil has doubled down recently because there has been an inordinate amount of denier threads lately.
These two ^^^ cannot debunk anything.. One of them ust has to cling to any thread of hope that will spite big oil guys who despise homosexuals. It's the typical "go with the flow"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
The current secular change in global temperatures cannot be accounted for any (and in fact flies in the face of several) of the cosmic/geological mechanisms you cite in that post. That is probably the most compelling reason we know it's anthropogenic. It is happening on a temporal scale that none of those mechanisms operates at, and in the opposite direction to many of them.

But thank you for a fairly comprehensive list of most of the mechanisms that earth scientists have explored and rejected to explain what we are currently experiencing.
^^^ THIS guy just did absolutely nothing but took a sophists approach to saying "I believe the other guys because they are 'S'cientists"...and also, debunking nothing. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies