Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2013, 03:37 PM

14,295 posts, read 9,629,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
The scientific method is a talking point now?

It would have been easier if you just admitted you have no clue what positive or negative feedback is

Good luck with that!
He means a political talking point. Man-made global warming is not science, it's politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 11:40 PM

688 posts, read 649,670 times
Carbon dioxide is being trapped in our atmosphere, and it's preventing heat from escaping... I don't care if dinosaurs died from cold; that won't prevent us from dying from heat.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:49 PM

31,832 posts, read 14,809,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
So you say its okay to lie, deceive, manipulate, and steal as long as it fits your agenda... Congratulations welcome to Global Warming RELIGION... NOT SCIENCE... The atmosphere is vast... and things don't stay in the atmosphere forever... have you tried to carbon date how old the atmosphere is? You can't because they don't stay very long and the amount that is there is so small you couldn't collect enough of it...
I'm sorry if you feel humans can abuse the earth but I don't. I want to protect it for future generations. I have no agenda except to protect where we live. We can't be so arrogant. It's not a religion or science, it's just common sense.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:48 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,778,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The world has changed, India, China and many other countries are competing for finite resources, the end will come sooner than you think. When do you start planning, 50 years ahead, 100 years, we have a society based on cheap energy that will change rapidly in the coming decades. It's better to plan ahead than to ignore the inevitable.
This is an issue that will resolve itself, for example we can make liquid fuels with coal but that process is not utilized becsue of the volatile oil market which makes private investment risky. As theses resources become scrarce in particular oil the drive for alternatives within the private sector will gather steam. Do you really think a compnay like Exxon is sitting around expecting to sell oil forever even at the present time?

Old 08-17-2013, 02:00 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,778,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
It's really easy to comprehend. Climate change occurs based on changing compositions of the atmosphere. In the past changes have occurred naturally over time. When higher amounts of heat trapping gases accumulated, temperatures increased. Humans are currently artificially adding heat trapping gases to the atmosphere and contributing to climate change.
This is like saying you'll trap more heat in your house if you add insulation but you don't know if the windows are wide open. CO2 is one of many variables that can affect climate. FYI CO2 is a two way street, "heat trapping" is bit of misnomer because it acts as an insulator. It can prevent heat from leaving the atmosphere but it will also block heat from entering the atmosphere to begin with as well.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:16 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,901,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
Carbon dioxide is being trapped in our atmosphere, and it's preventing heat from escaping... I don't care if dinosaurs died from cold; that won't prevent us from dying from heat.
What heat?

We have had no statistically significant warming in the past 16+ years. So again, what heat are you talking about?

Old 08-17-2013, 03:20 PM

31,285 posts, read 20,621,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I'm sorry if you feel humans can abuse the earth but I don't.
I agree. Humans should not abuse the earth.

Quote:
I want to protect it for future generations.
I do too.

Quote:
I have no agenda except to protect where we live.
Me too.

Quote:
We can't be so arrogant. It's not a religion or science, it's just common sense.
I agree that it's common sense to want to protect the environment. That's why we should focus our energy on the environment rather than harmless CO2. The entire AGW hoax has diverted attention from the real environmental issues.

Old 08-17-2013, 03:36 PM

31,285 posts, read 20,621,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
And it won't prevent us from dying from cold either. Let's just hope we don't enter another ice age.

Desperately trying to explain the

Has Global Warming Paused? Scientists Say Yes

A 'pause' in global warming keeps the climate-change debate in play | cleveland.com

Old 08-17-2013, 09:34 PM

21,389 posts, read 10,433,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
People are getting their "facts" from blogs that have no way of backing up any of the claims that are made? People will believe anything they read on the internet.
That's the thing with the whole global warming/anthropogenic climate change theory - most people don't understand the science behind it or the coding for the computer models, so we all have to take it on faith.

I just have a serious problem being 100% behind a theory based on 150 years of temperature records on a planet that's probably 4.5 billion years old. The rest of the "data" comes from temperature proxies like tree rings and ice core samples, and then it is input into a computer model to predict what the temperatures will be many years from now when they can't even predict what they're going to be two weeks from now.

I've been reading about AGW for at least 20 years, and the early predictions were spectacularly wrong. Even the New York Times has acknowledged that there has been no warming in at least 15 years and scientists don't know why. Now some climate scientists are speculating that the heat is being trapped in the deep oceans, which is pretty convenient since we have no data from there and it could add at least another few decades to the time when we can have answers.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:52 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,504,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Man-made global warming or man-made global climate change are merely tools at achieving the dream pushed by marxism using social marxism and one of it's children, "Critical Theory". They use "Critical Theory" and aim all ills created by this (junk) science as being solely the responsibility of Western civilization and capitalism. They offer zero solutions, just fines and punishments against their enemy, Western civilization and capitalism. (Classic "Critical Theory")

Man-made global warming and/or man-made global climate change are nothing but a scam.
If you look at books and articles written in the 60s and 70s about "overpopulation" you can see it was the exact same thing. The consequences were going to be the same as the warming consequences are today. And the solution was the same: more control over our lives an more money in their pockets.

Only problem was they couldn't get people to go along with it. So they switched to the new Ice Age and that didn't take. Then Acid Rain and the Ozone Layer. Both those proved to be false. So they made up global warming. And have made billions doing it. And have gained power doing it.

Interesting, the exact same "scientists" pushing overpopulation, cooling, acid rain and the ozone layer (and dozens of other scams in between) are the ones that began the warming scare.

Why anyone believes them, I do not know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies