Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2013, 01:17 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Why anyone believes them, I do not know.
It is understandable, kids have a strong desire to "believe" in things and be a part of something to feel important. This fades over time though and most grow out of it. Some though persist in stupidity to the end of their days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 01:32 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Better find a way to cap volcanos, one eruption can put out more greenhouse gases than mankind has emitted in all its years on earth.
Volcanic Gases and Climate Change Overview

Quote:

While sulfur dioxide released in contemporary volcanic eruptions has occasionally caused detectable global cooling of the lower atmosphere, the carbon dioxide released in contemporary volcanic eruptions has never caused detectable global warming of the atmosphere. This is probably because the amounts of carbon dioxide released in contemporary volcanism have not been of sufficient magnitude to produce detectable global warming. For example, all studies to date of global volcanic carbon dioxide emissions indicate that present-day subaerial and submarine volcanoes release less than a percent of the carbon dioxide released currently by human activities.
Not so fast...

Old 08-31-2013, 01:09 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
What is your background and research in? How credible are YOU? Are you saying that scientists are just these conspiracy theorists who claim to know science but don't know jack? Even though they've helped us advanced with technology?

Your arguments are similar to "Earth is actually a rectangle; it's not round, didn't cha know"?

Grow up. Stop being so ignorant and self-hating!
"Ignorant and self-hating?" That's quite juvenile name calling and not very creative. Are you still in grade school? Is everyone you disagree with "self-hating?"

Maybe you didn't notice but my OP was a quote from credible sources, not from me.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:14 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
A scam to some, a reality to others. Do you really think that all the pollutants we put into the air doesn't affect the atmosphere. I'm sorry but I want to protect the earth for future generations.
I'm sorry too because I also want to protect the earth for future generations. That's why the AGW alarmists are so evil. They have diverted a huge amount of money and energy away from true pollutants.

Yes, the pollutants we put into the air does affect the atmosphere. Fortunately, CO2 is not a pollutant.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:15 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
You just blew up one of their favorite idiotic talking points.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:15 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
"Ignorant and self-hating?" That's quite juvenile name calling and not very creative. Are you still in grade school? Is everyone you disagree with "self-hating?"

Maybe you didn't notice but my OP was a quote from credible sources, not from me.
A climate skeptic blog?

Old 08-31-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I'm sorry too because I also want to protect the earth for future generations. That's why the AGW alarmists are so evil. They have diverted a huge amount of money and energy away from true pollutants.

Yes, the pollutants we put into the air does affect the atmosphere. Fortunately, CO2 is not a pollutant.
How much money and energy?

What are true pollutants?

You do realize pollution is the introduction of contaminants into the natural environment that cause adverse change. Oxygen can become a pollutant in sufficient concentrations.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:17 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
It is understandable, kids have a strong desire to "believe" in things and be a part of something to feel important. This fades over time though and most grow out of it. Some though persist in stupidity to the end of their days.
Oh, you must mean like how some people get over the mythology of religion and some don't.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Ah yes, the old "everyone is stupid but me and those who agree with me". Oh how convenient.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
I wonder how many of these people, the ones who bite hook line and sinker, the scam that is being pushed called man-made global warming, realize that they are being used by people who want to eliminate Western civilization and capitalism in order to bring in their utopian marxism?

I sincerely wish you people who are die hard believers in this scam watch the video posted in the 2nd post of this thread. Maybe you don't realize that you are being played for fools, used only as a tool in an attempt to fundamentally transform Western civilization into a marxist culture.

Do some soul searching. Is it possible you are being lied to? Is it possible people are willfully causing you to react based upon emotion rather than use logic and common sense? Is it possible that there is an agenda, one not based on weather, climate, saving the earth, etc. that is driving the claim of the alarmists? Is it possible... ?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. So miners and manufacturers who represent a + trillion dollar a year global industry have no reason to lie to you? Cause you to make decisions based on emotion? Is it possible they have an agenda that would want to continue to be able to pollute cheaply?

Seriously.... the conspiracy theories work both ways.... Except the "green movement" ain't close to the bankroll the other side has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies