Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2013, 02:08 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,750,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Quite the odd assertion, considering that in the few times I've watched that show, I can't ever recall him (or any of his peers) dealing with much employment and discrimination law. Also, I kind of doubt that the college I attended awards credits for watching TV. Maybe that's how they do it where you went (if you went), I don't know.
so your an internet JD huh? did you attain that status after attaining your internet MD, or PHD? how many internet millions are you worth?

Old 08-16-2013, 02:13 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
so your an internet JD huh? did you attain that status after attaining your internet MD, or PHD? how many internet millions are you worth?
If you're asking if I'm smarter than you, the answer is yes.

Old 08-16-2013, 02:15 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
Quote:
They are under Oregon state law, which is the law that is relevant to the topic at hand.

And I'd absolutely obliterate you and whatever halfwit lawyer you might be able to convince to take your case. It'd be so bad the judge himself would be laughing at you. Actually, that might not happen, because your assertion is so flimsy I'd have it thrown out via summary dismissal with you paying my legal costs simply for wasting my time.

Oh, and just to add, slander is the spoken word version of libel. You can come after me for libel, so take your best shot.

Libel and Slander legal definition of Libel and Slander. Libel and Slander synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.
It has been said many times: "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it!"

Also, keep in mind that no matter what you think or think you know, when your fate is in the hands of a judge and/or jury, you do NOT know what will happen! The Zimmerman trial is a fine case in point; I imagine those prosecutors thought they had an easy, open and shut case. But, it didn't work!

Old 08-16-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
I asked how many internet millions you were worth. trouble with reading comprehension? I can print it out and mail it to your magical house on gumdrop lane if you prefer.

Old 08-16-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
that's usually the sign of an insecure person with a tinky dinky. do you have a corvette convertible too, or are you afraid that your hairpiece would fly off?

Old 08-16-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
It has been said many times: "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it!"
And has been replied many times: "Bring it, *******"

Quote:
Also, keep in mind that no matter what you think or think you know, when your fate is in the hands of a judge and/or jury, you do NOT know what will happen! The Zimmerman trial is a fine case in point; I imagine those prosecutors thought they had an easy, open and shut case. But, it didn't work!
Fair point, but I'll point out a couple things.

1) Matt isn't going to even try suing me, because he doesn't appear ignorant enough to actually think that would work.

2) Even if he were that ignorant, he'd almost certainly have to sue me as a pro se litigant because the chances of him actually finding a real lawyer to take that case is basically non-existent. On the other hand, I could go pro se (and I'm clearly better versed in law than he is) or find plenty of lawyers who would take my case for me, probably on a contingency as well.

3) If I retained an attorney, I'd be going after him to cover my legal expenses. Given that his lawsuit would both be lacking merit and born out of bad faith, this would be relatively easy.

4) Going along with #3, it would also be relatively easy to have the case dismissed before it even went to trial.

5) Even if he managed to get some low level judge to side with him (unlikely, but not impossible) I'd win on appeal.

Old 08-16-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
that's usually the sign of an insecure person with a tinky dinky. do you have a corvette convertible too, or are you afraid that your hairpiece would fly off?
Why'd you quote the same post twice? Couldn't fit it in a single reply?

No Corvette convertible (I'd take a Z06 or ZR1) but I did have a really nice Mustang GT coupe.

Old 08-16-2013, 03:12 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
As I already told you before, your church doesn't have to marry anyone. No gay couple can walk into a synagogue and demand to be married.

legal marriage is different from spiritually married.

I disagree with anti discrimination laws, but they are on the books. A bakery is not a religious organization, its a bakery.
my religion forbids me from helping in a same gender "marriage", this includes the cake for the wedding.
homo-atheists have no right to interpret religion, they have to respect our 1st amendment rights to practice it as WE interpret!

Old 08-16-2013, 03:15 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
As bad as 911 was, gay people (gay terrorists) are much worse, right?
Gay terrorism is succeeding where Islamic terrorism failed, to destroy the freedoms guaranteed in the first amendment!

Old 08-16-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
my religion forbids me from helping in a same gender "marriage", this includes the cake for the wedding.
Cool story, bro. But guess what? No one cares. Better stay out of the service industry or just stay in the states that allow you to discriminate...at least until it becomes illegal on a federal level.

Quote:
homo-atheists have no right to interpret religion, they have to respect our 1st amendment rights to practice it as WE interpret!
That's for the law and the courts to decide.

They've decided you're wrong. Might as well get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies