Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 09:47 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,959,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I look at it from an entirely different angle. Anyone with at least two brain cells capable of shaking hands with one another must necessarily realize that the beast in DC doesn't give a rat's rear end about your health ... we should all possess the common sense to at least realize that much, right? So, with the exorbitant amount of taxes being collected on tobacco, I just can't help but wonder why good ole uncle sam is so hell bent on convincing people to not smoke. Something just doesn't add up .... you know ... just from a logical perspective. If uncle sam gets lots of tax dollars from tobacco .... and he doesn't care at all about your health ... then what is the true motive behind the anti-smoking agenda?

And please people ... do not even suggest that this is being promoted to reduce health care costs, because no desire for such a thing (which would in reality be a deliberate reduction in the revenues for the largest industry in America) has EVER existed, or will ever exist. The exact opposite is the truth ... and of course, that is precisely what we've experienced for decades ... vastly increasing costs at multiples of the the actual inflation rate. Not one other industry has experienced the % increases we've seen in medical care. Nothing comes close. Are we to believe that the medical establishment desies a reduction in their revenues? Please!!!! That's just plain brain dead. You are not likely to see the pharmaceutical companies, and hospitals and doctors and medical equipment companies and medical schools and medical science laboratories complaining about having too much money coming in .... demanding that something be done to reduce the flow of cash into their bulging pockets .... unless you still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny ..... then you might believe such a nonsensical thing. But for all of the rational adults of the world, you must come to the realization that you are not ever likely to see the health care industry pushing to reduce it's own revenues. Not going to happen.

So, there are unspoken reasons for why this antismoking agenda is being pushed .... but you will not be capable of grasping the truth about that, until you can grasp the truth that neither the government nor the healthcare industry will ever put your health ahead of it's revenues.

Simple. Control over others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 09:51 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,917,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Smokers that aren't sick with anything have to pay more.

These days eating tuna has more health risks than smoking.
Yeah but eating tuna saves on electricity at night

Old 08-15-2013, 09:52 AM

8,996 posts, read 10,439,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Smokers that aren't sick with anything have to pay more.

These days eating tuna has more health risks than smoking.
Oh really?

How many tens of thousands of people will die this year in the U.S. alone due to tuna consumption?

Old 08-15-2013, 09:53 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,959,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Oh really?

How many tens of thousands of people will die this year in the U.S. alone due to tuna consumption?

If the tuna is coming from the area around Fukashima, well... ya never know.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:01 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,690,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I look at it from an entirely different angle. Anyone with at least two brain cells capable of shaking hands with one another must necessarily realize that the beast in DC doesn't give a rat's rear end about your health ... we should all possess the common sense to at least realize that much, right?
So, there are unspoken reasons for why this antismoking agenda is being pushed .... but you will not be capable of grasping the truth about that, until you can grasp the truth that neither the government nor the healthcare industry will ever put your health ahead of it's revenues.
And that's just another reason why we need to get the government totally out of health care.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:04 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,766,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
If the tuna is coming from the area around Fukashima, well... ya never know.
You have a valid point. The fish being caught off the west coast are showing radiation.

A new report released by researchers from Stanford University Hopkins Marine Station finds Bluefin tuna caught just off the California coast tested positive for radiation stemming from the nuclear disaster at Fukushima.

See more at: TWO RIVERS TRIBUNE ~ ONLINE | Health Front: Radioactive Fish Caught Off California Coast

We won't know the actual harm to humans for years, but it's coming.

Quote:
Oh really? How many tens of thousands of people will die this year in the U.S. alone due to tuna consumption?
Look up for your answer

Old 08-15-2013, 10:07 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,642,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Anyone still smoking is paying extra to feed the beast in DC.

Just quit.
I started vaping back when that idiot 0bama implemented SCHIP. Stupid fool. All he did was hurt his base, and they're not smart enough to know it.

I love vaping.

I'll admit I still smoke about 4-5 cigs a day. Before vaping, I sucked up close to 3 packs a day.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:07 AM

14,944 posts, read 8,555,251 times
Quote:
And pregnancy. Don't forget pregnancy. It is 100% preventable and extremely expensive for the health system.

I want to highlight and correct a point of deception in your statement .... not deception on your part, but a hidden deception that fuels the entire misperception of healthcare.

Nothing is "extremely expensive" for the healthcare system, except health and wellness. Sickness is extremely profitable and lucrative for the healthcare system, while the burden of expense is shouldered by the people, both the sick and the well. This is THE MOST misunderstood relationship that people universally fail to understand, and prevents them from a greater understanding that it is antithetical to common sense to rely on those who profit enormously from illness to promote health and wellness. Doctors and nurses and hospitals and patients ALL (or most) may think they are promoting health and wellness, but if they were actually doing such a fine job of that, why then are we getting sicker and fatter and less healthy, while health care costs are skyrocketing? The simple answer is, the general approach to disease treatment using pharmaceutical drugs does nothing to promote wellness and often causes greater illness. Whether that is by design or not, has no bearing on the fact that it is true, and proven by the results we see right before our eyes.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:10 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,766,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I started vaping back when that idiot 0bama implemented SCHIP. Stupid fool. All he did was hurt his base, and they're not smart enough to know it.

I love vaping.

I'll admit I still smoke about 4-5 cigs a day. Before vaping, I sucked up close to 3 packs a day.
Dale... please help to confirm my suspicions; Are you a workaholic?

I too smoke about a 1/4 pack a day, down from a pack a day. I've always worked 60+ hours a week having been self employed from age 18.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:11 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,160,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Simple. Control over others.
Hilarious. An addiction is just about the most basic definition of control. An addiction controls you, not the government. And I'm a smoker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies