Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 01:36 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,276,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
........and this has nothing to do with obama's continual wasting of our tax dollars.

No one begrudges the dog being with the family just the elitist attitude displayed with continual, needless waste of how he goes about accomplishing his family's travel.

But you knew that already.....................
It didn't happen.
But you knew that already..................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 01:37 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,667,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
(hint: because even when on vacation, the President is still in a fully-functional work environment).
Except, of course, when President W went to TX.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:38 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
It didn't happen.
But you knew that already..................
Um, but it did happen. The Dog went on a seperate flight

Whats in dispute is was it justified, and none of us have any idea.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:41 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Then clearly you would try to survive being cramped in the 4,000 sf plane with your dog somehow..

/FAIL
oh, I'm so glad you approve, I was afraid you wouldn't.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:42 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,960,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Air Force one would land at Waco then Bush and his entourage would be flown by helicopter 40 miles west to his Crawford ranch.
In 8 years Bush made 77 trips to Crawford - that's 10 trips per year.
Obama has made 4 trips to Martha's Vineyard in 5 years.
And going to his home country in Africa, is just like making 18 trips to Texas.

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 08-15-2013 at 01:51 PM..

Old 08-15-2013, 01:44 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,667,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Oh, that's rich. Everybody who has known even remotely how to click a mouse for years already knows exactly what the goofy Snopes website is.

And you think you've provided some kind of newsflash? Tit for tat, as you say, in the whiney voice of a 2-year old?

Good one!

Only completely idiots use snopes as a reference. Wiki, in it's infinite goofups, is infinitely better than snopes.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Muslims think dogs are unclean. I bet if Barak touches Bo, he washes his hands 7 times. They just got him for photo ops.
I didn't know about the hand washing, but understood the dog was for photo ops long ago. A quick search on muslims and dogs was interesting.

Good thing BO isn't all black....

Old 08-15-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
LOL you fell for that one, too?

This is becoming embarrassing for all of you. I have to look away ...
Read it and weep

Muttaqun OnLine - Dogs: According to Quran and Sunnah

Old 08-15-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
He's on vacation. How much staff does he need? Security protection, I get. But staff?

Even worse, luggage? Again, pack a bag and call it good. Oh no, the king in the white house needs to have an entourage follow him around, at taxpayer expense. In the meantime, the WH is closed to tours, and our wounded warriors have cuts all over the place.

But liberals will never get the hypocrisy. They WILL shriek and scream when the budget battle goes on again, and cuts are discussed. Then they will trot out "the GOP wants to kill kids and old people" and no mention will be made of an entire helicopter being sent for unnecessary perks for the president.
And for 8 days this time..... i wish it were the rest of life....... The country would be better off if he just stayed on vacation. The dog would like it too.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:29 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,785,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Correct, the topic has to do with fiction not fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
When someone writes an honest critique of the Obama Years, it'll have to be published as fiction. Nobody is going to believe what actually happened twenty years from now.
Already covered the fictional aspect of this President.

I now believe that if many of the Obama cheer squad watched him load a weapon, point, shoot, and kill someone... they'd come up with an amazing fairytale of how he didn't do it. If all else failed, they'd blame Bush. This is where sarcasm actually meets reality.

I also wonder if the majority of liberals, who have begun to question this President, are getting tired of being labeled RWNJs. I know we libertarians are sick of it. Progressives seem to have uni-bit brains, because anyone other than LWE's must be RWNJ's. Tunnel vision ala carte.

Last edited by steven_h; 08-15-2013 at 02:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies