Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 06:27 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Obama thinks he needs a gestapo. Why is that?
Hitler was NOT some evil genius..The guy was a sexually dysfunctional drug addicted idiot...ruled by a quiet committee. America has Obama as a front man- and it is rule by a committee of creeps that are not even elected. Once Hitler was gone..there was the punishment of German officers...show trials. The "committee" simply slithered away never to be heard of again. The thing about those who seek total power over a nation or the world for that matter are fools who will never attain their goal. - in the meantime they will make a mess of things - much as Hitler and his supporters and handlers did in the by gone era. Creeps playing god always make a mess and common people are always stuck with the bill for the clean up of the garbage that is unbridled blind and crazed ambition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 06:48 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I wonder if all this braying would be taking place if George W. Bush were President? The irony is his administration created the security state, one which our current Pres. did not did mantle.

If he did try and dismantle it, the outcry would be deafening from conservatives.

The reality is your continual shrieking does little to advance anything as most thinking people have tuned out the constant din of doomsday from the right. After all, Obamacare will lead to the end of the U.S..
Braying? I for one was not happy when it started under "W" figuring that it would come to this point eventually.
Here's the thing, not only did the current occupant of the White House not dismantle it even though he was constantly "braying" against it before he was anointed he's expanded it and allowed/encouraged his administration to run wild with it.

Take the recently uncovered NSA breaches to the tune of over 2500 illegal instances of spying on U.S. citizens in violation of their charter, the constitution and such.
You insinuate you were against it when G.W. did it so where are you now?

Old 08-16-2013, 07:16 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I wonder if all this braying would be taking place if George W. Bush were President? The irony is his administration created the security state, one which our current Pres. did not did mantle.

If he did try and dismantle it, the outcry would be deafening from conservatives.

The reality is your continual shrieking does little to advance anything as most thinking people have tuned out the constant din of doomsday from the right. After all, Obamacare will lead to the end of the U.S..
The only hypocrisy here is spewing from your post which is based on a shaky theory at best.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:24 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,869,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Braying? I for one was not happy when it started under "W" figuring that it would come to this point eventually.
Here's the thing, not only did the current occupant of the White House not dismantle it even though he was constantly "braying" against it before he was anointed he's expanded it and allowed/encouraged his administration to run wild with it.

Take the recently uncovered NSA breaches to the tune of over 2500 illegal instances of spying on U.S. citizens in violation of their charter, the constitution and such.
You insinuate you were against it when G.W. did it so where are you now?
Because it is his team and that is all it boils down to for a lot of people. Just like many conservatives have become critical of the DHS since Obama took office, but were nowhere to be found during the Bush years and once a Republican takes office they will be supportive of it again.

I'm someone who despises the majority of Democrats and Republicans, so I don't have a team to cheer for. I used to be more supportive of the Democrats until a sizable percentage of them basically formed a Cult of Personality around Obama and abandoned all principles.

I am not claiming that a dictatorship is just around the corner. What I am saying is it is becoming much more likely and the infrastructure is in place to possibly make that happen and the American government is becoming more secretive, more distrustful of the public, and openly holds dissent in contempt. Those are not good signs and if something isn't done about dismantling it in the near future it increases the likelihood of something very bad happening. If history has taught us anything is that liberal democracy is more of an abnormality than the default form of government and we never more than a generation away for potential tyranny.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:34 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Couple Awarded $4M in Deputies' Shooting - Local News - Los Angeles, CA | NBC News

More out of control militarized police.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:54 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I think you need to look in the mirror first.

Obama ran against Bush's policies on the security state. His supporters attached so much vehement emotion against Bush's policies. They chanted in unison Obama's slogans and sometimes fainted.

When Obama finally won he....expanded Bush's security state, with negligible and irrelevant opposition from the people that supposedly hated those policies.

Where is the outage from you?

It is wrong for Bush to have a security state, but okay for Obama to have a bigger security state after running against it?

I think the biggest problem that America faces are people that refuse to hold their own politicians accountable. Please help America and look in the mirror. If you truly support "President" Obama, then you agree with Bush on the majority of policies and disagree with "Candidate" Obama.

Candidate and President Obama are 2 different people, because people aren't looking in the mirror they are sheep for their party/politician and it happens in both parties.
^ +1. Obama has really ramped up the Ninja forces. It's been bad since Bush 1, and is now out of control. LE more resembles Delta than police now, with even average patrolmen and deputies dressed and equipped for combat.

The Lon Horiuchi mindset has become acceptable and condoned. The Tazer is a go to, for any situation where a citizen shows disagreement, of any kind, and people are actually preaching total compliance with LE, and if you get Tazed for not doing so, the bads ALL on you, no matter what.

It's a scary trend, and the current administration likes it. Yes, Obama ran on disagreeing with this, but has decided it's not so bad. It's not a liberal or conservative thing. I have seen as many of each both for and against this trend.

Since I lean right, on a lot of issues, I am labeled as "conservative". But, I despise the new attitude of LE. I also disagree with the patriot act. One doesn't have to be a PhD to have seen the current state of things coming. I do find it odd that anyone can defend it, just to protect Obama, or support for him. The hypocrisy cuts equally to left and right on this police state crap.

The differences are in how these powers and methods are applied. The left likes to see them used against firearms owners. The right likes to see them in action against "protesters" . It's a ALL the same, but, depending on what agenda is being enforced, the opinions on it all vary.

Welcome to the New World Order. The government puts We the People at odds with each other, and then assumes control, under its own agenda, disguising it as "keeping order". Left or right, the nightstick Tazer and gun doesn't discriminate.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:29 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,089,116 times
Police must pay $6.5 million after killing man holding water nozzle - Los Angeles Times

This is a very dangerous pattern that needs to be put in check before it's too late, if it isn't already.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:11 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,165 times
Obama has spoke of a Civilian National Security Force numerous times in 2008 here are some dates ...July 15,17,20 ...November 11 Armistice Day or Veterans Day .
We don't need that because we have the Second Amendment and militias to do that very thing Mr. Obama ...their oath is to uphold the Constitution not allegiance to you...one of his speeches is on youtube on this matter sounds like Adolf to me.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:13 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
The security apparatus of the US government is powerful and so far reaching the infrastructure to create dictatorship is pretty much in place.
I've been saying this for a while myself...our government and national "security" apparatus is basically a tyrant's toolbox at this point. All we need is a tyrant.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:14 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,485 times
Thats all well and good, but do you really expect a bunch of soldiers to wage war on their homeland?

What would be the cause?
Desired goal?

What beneficial outcome would there be? For anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies