Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 06:15 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,164,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
If only most poor kids realized that doing good in school is one of the only sure ways to improve their station in life.
If only most poor kids realized that doing WELL in school .....

Despite decades of Liberals arguing that income is directly tied to scholastic achievement, billions of Federal dollars being thrown at low-income schools through Title I, affirmative action and scholarships like the Gates Foundation which excludes poor whites (and Jews)............ the "achievement gap" remains.

Are there no poor whites or Asians? Of course there are! But the cultural mindset that education is valuable makes all the difference. Our public schools are in the crapper, inner-city and suburban. Common Core will only dumb-down our schools further. Ads like this KMart series are anti-white and portray an ever declining attitude towards school in general. None of the kids in these ads view a school bus as their "limo". It's a mockery! They think they are entitled to be driven to school in a real limo! It also demonstrates that they have no appreciation for the FREE transportation they are receiving for their FREE schooling, paid for by the taxpayers.

Old 08-17-2013, 06:17 AM

641 posts, read 1,020,269 times
whats really racist about the ad is that they have to add that one white girl in for "muh dik" but no whiteboy...

Old 08-17-2013, 06:24 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,946,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Astute observation. I guess I should point out that I hate shopping at ANY store, high end or bargain, so having not entered a KMart in my neck of the woods in a long time, I plead ignorance as to the quality of clientelle that shop there.I know there's a running Facebook meme about redneck, hick Walmart shoppers, but I don't think Walmart's advertising is particularly redneck.
You could have stopped right there.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
You could have stopped right there.
Let me rephrase. I had no preconceived notion as to the racial make-up of KMart shoppers. It never occurred to me that a particular bargain store would be anything other than a diverse cross-section of humanity, not anti-white. Is that clearer for you?

Old 08-17-2013, 07:15 AM

75 posts, read 77,838 times
Quote:
If only most poor kids realized that doing WELL in school .....

Despite decades of Liberals arguing that income is directly tied to scholastic achievement, billions of Federal dollars being thrown at low-income schools through Title I, affirmative action and scholarships like the Gates Foundation which excludes poor whites (and Jews)............ the "achievement gap" remains.

Are there no poor whites or Asians? Of course there are! But the cultural mindset that education is valuable makes all the difference. Our public schools are in the crapper, inner-city and suburban. Common Core will only dumb-down our schools further. Ads like this KMart series are anti-white and portray an ever declining attitude towards school in general. None of the kids in these ads view a school bus as their "limo". It's a mockery! They think they are entitled to be driven to school in a real limo! It also demonstrates that they have no appreciation for the FREE transportation they are receiving for their FREE schooling, paid for by the taxpayers.
I see it quite opposite. Referring to the bus as a limo shows pride in going to school. And let's get real: no school-age child gives thought to who pays for their education and transportation.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:37 AM

2,707 posts, read 2,836,447 times
Basically, I hate commercials, period. Maybe that's the bottom line with the commercials this thread is talking about. It might not be all about the rapping kids, but more about the fact it's another annoying commercial that is targeting a segment of society that others find annoying, or undesirable. Most folks would probably say, "Send me an e-mail about a sale you are having, I know what you sell, and I have the ability to drive over, and walk into the store to decide on a purchase." One thing that really irritates me, personally, is hard-sell. Get in my face, on TV, or in real time, and I'm not interested. I will research what I need, myself. I don't need anyone, telling me what's best. It doesn't matter if it's adorable babies, cuddly kittens, people taking a cruise, rappers, opera, home improvement commercials, people with arthritis, shopping for the right breakfast cereal, or anything that insults the intelligence of the recipient of the ads, I hate commercials. Think I might have said this before....

Old 08-17-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 124c41 View Post
Basically, I hate commercials, period. Maybe that's the bottom line with the commercials this thread is talking about. It might not be all about the rapping kids, but more about the fact it's another annoying commercial that is targeting a segment of society that others find annoying, or undesirable. Most folks would probably say, "Send me an e-mail about a sale you are having, I know what you sell, and I have the ability to drive over, and walk into the store to decide on a purchase." One thing that really irritates me, personally, is hard-sell. Get in my face, on TV, or in real time, and I'm not interested. I will research what I need, myself. I don't need anyone, telling me what's best. It doesn't matter if it's adorable babies, cuddly kittens, people taking a cruise, rappers, opera, home improvement commercials, people with arthritis, shopping for the right breakfast cereal, or anything that insults the intelligence of the recipient of the ads, I hate commercials. Think I might have said this before....
I enjoy creative commercials that are funny or artistically well-designed so that the product is memorable. For example, SOME of the Geiko commercials are very clever. (the caveman series, the hump day, Paul Revere with a cell phone). On the other hand, the ones with the stupid lizard annoy me. In either case, I don't have Geiko insurance and have no plans on switching. In the Hump Day commercial, you will recall that one of the workers is black. Good for Geiko. There is equal opportunity in the workplace as well as schools. However, there is NOT equal opportunity for poor whites when it comes to entitlements.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:56 AM

1,741 posts, read 2,625,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
K Mart is not relevent any more. Not sure about where you all are from but out here K Mart left a long time ago. We had one store in Oxnard and it closed. One store in Ventura and it closed. We currently have 3 WalMarts in Oxnard (One of them is a neighborhood store) and they are building a new Wal Mart in Ventura. We have a two story Super Target at the mall and maybe 3 miles away another super Target both in Ventura. In Oxnard we have a new Target that is unique in that the parking is under the store and you take an outside escelator to the store about. Even the carts have their own escelator. Pretty cool if you ask me. K Mart died along time ago. Even when they were opened around here I don't know anyone that shopped there and the stores were always empty looking and dirty to boot.
That's not true for the Kmart stores here in Albuquerque. There are three left (a 4th one is currently in the process of closing) and all of them are much cleaner and better organized than most of the the Walmart and Target stores here. I'm sure the reason for that, and a problem for Kmart, is that unlike Walmart and Target they are not nearly as packed with customers. The newest Target in Albuquerque is like the one you mention there in Oxnard. It is built above the parking lot and has those escalators for the shopping carts. Albuquerque is saturated by Walmart Supercenters and is in the process of becoming saturated by the Walmart Neighborhood Market stores. Target is somewhere in between Walmart and Kmart here in terms of saturation. There are enough so that you don't have to go too far to find one but not so many that they are seemingly on every major intersection.

I personally love shopping at Kmart. You don't have to fight the crowds, especially when checking out like at Walmart, and you don't have to endure the inexplicable snobbishness of most of its customers like at Target.

Kmart also has lots of fine merchandise that's always on sale so it's usually comparable to the everyday low prices of Walmart and usually as nice design-wise as much of the stuff found at Target.

So, it's a happy middle to me.

I hope they stay in business.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:17 AM

420 posts, read 697,709 times
Quote:
What happened to the politically correct advertisements where we saw a white child, an asian child, a hispanic and a black child? Too much PC drives me crazy, but these ALL BLACK commercials are vitriolic.

K-Mart Receives Harsh Feedback For New Ads Featuring Yo-Momma Jokes & Rapping Kids

Does KMart really want to lose its white consumer base?
Actually they're not pandering. The bigger picture is kmart is pushing themselves while intelligently trying to get kids to accept that budget clothes are cool. This helps with kids getting in confrontation or feeling inadequate over how they're not wearing Abercrombie or "Super Dry" or whatever else is fashionable these days. I don't know about you all but I've been through that as a youth and I overstand what I'm seeing here.

Last edited by ROAM; 08-17-2013 at 08:30 AM..

Old 08-17-2013, 08:50 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,685,474 times
All white people in commercials 90% of the time totally fine.. 3 all black commercials by a brand and "omg racism!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies