Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 10:00 AM

268 posts, read 340,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Black people aren't dangerous? Tell that to my daughter and her husband who were jumped and put into the hospital by a gang of teenage blacks in Brooklyn! The girl who ripped out huge clumps of my daughter's hair and stole her cellphone was known by the NYPD as someone who targets white girls with long hair because she got a bad weave or something. But because she is a juvenile, she's allowed to roam to attack again.

That white kid on the bus had his arm broken and two black eyes because he told authorities that the thugs that beat him were dealing drugs. He's NOT just fine.
Great post!

Old 08-16-2013, 10:03 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,497,278 times
Quote:
What happened to the politically correct advertisements where we saw a white child, an asian child, a hispanic and a black child? Too much PC drives me crazy, but these ALL BLACK commercials are vitriolic.

K-Mart Receives Harsh Feedback For New Ads Featuring Yo-Momma Jokes & Rapping Kids

Does KMart really want to lose its white consumer base?
As long as I can remember up until just a few years ago
all advertisements were with white people. ( Ice Ice Baby Yaw )

Sounds like a lot of white people can't handle the computation. ( Ya Can't Touch This )

YES I AM A 64 OLD WHITE MAN ! ! !

Old 08-16-2013, 10:03 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
That's actually pretty racist right there
Because KMart MADE it racist via its advertising. As I said, it never would have occurred to me that KMart was a store more frequented by blacks than any other race, before this series of ads. Now that it has, you bet I'll avoid it. Not racist, self-preservationist. Why spend my hard earned money at a store where I'm more likely to have my handbag ripped off or my car broken into?

Old 08-16-2013, 10:05 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,450,705 times
Quote:
Because KMart MADE it racist via its advertising. As I said, it never would have occurred to me that KMart was a store more frequented by blacks than any other race, before this series of ads. Now that it has, you bet I'll avoid it. Not racist, self-preservationist. Why spend my hard earned money at a store where I'm more likely to have my handbag ripped off or my car broken into?
OK now I know you are just trollin'

LOL

Old 08-16-2013, 10:06 AM

600 posts, read 659,997 times
Quote:
Spare me. Guess what? We're not all Trayvon. It's the ATTITUDE of those kids in the ad. Disrespectful and irreverent. Learn to speak proper English, not ghetto Ebonics. It sets a bad example of what's "cool". (Not that I ever thought of KMart or Barack Obama as "cool" but I think you get my point). Personally, I find hip-hop far more boring than an LL Bean catalog.
spare you what? reality...

Old 08-16-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
White people aren't dangerous

DiMaggio tortured Hannah Anderson's mom, brother before killing them: court documents - U.S. News

Nope, not at all

Hopefully you realize you sound ridiculous
What does that have to do with riding on a school bus?

Old 08-16-2013, 10:09 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
What does that have to do with riding on a school bus?
About as much as your daughter being mugged does.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:12 AM

24,122 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
What happened to the politically correct advertisements where we saw a white child, an asian child, a hispanic and a black child? Too much PC drives me crazy, but these ALL BLACK commercials are vitriolic.

K-Mart Receives Harsh Feedback For New Ads Featuring Yo-Momma Jokes & Rapping Kids

Does KMart really want to lose its white consumer base?

They don't sound racist to me. If they stereotyped the children as to race, that would be racist.
Since all kids of every color go back to school, including a child that looks like YOUR child - is just good business sense. Not PC.

PC is not racist either. It's inclusive. Some PC things are annoying. Seeing a rainbow of children dressed in back to school, boarding a school bus surrounded by Autumn leaves? That's beautiful!

Old 08-16-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
spare you what? reality...
The reality is that it's perfectly okay to call whites racist or well-dressed, Conservative blacks "Uncle Toms" by Liberals and those is the black community. This has become the "norm" for our country. It's divisive, ads like this are setting back civil rights by 50 years and in my 57 years, I have never seen our country so racially divided. The attitude of some of the posters here are so typical. Are you feeling left-out? Don't like the competition? Good grief, I thought the whole impetus behind equal rights was equal rights, NOT blacks have more rights than whitey because they were "oppressed" 100 years ago. Now the message being sent is "oppress whitey".

Old 08-16-2013, 10:16 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
K Mart is not relevent any more. Not sure about where you all are from but out here K Mart left a long time ago. We had one store in Oxnard and it closed. One store in Ventura and it closed. We currently have 3 WalMarts in Oxnard (One of them is a neighborhood store) and they are building a new Wal Mart in Ventura. We have a two story Super Target at the mall and maybe 3 miles away another super Target both in Ventura. In Oxnard we have a new Target that is unique in that the parking is under the store and you take an outside escelator to the store about. Even the carts have their own escelator. Pretty cool if you ask me. K Mart died along time ago. Even when they were opened around here I don't know anyone that shopped there and the stores were always empty looking and dirty to boot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies