Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 11:49 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Because he is just another person with the same talking points as his counterparts. I would say the same of liberals. You can listen to them but they are no smarter than any of us. Do your homework, be informed, but don't think a talking head, who is really an entertainer, is someone you can really trust. They are in it for the money and only the money
so if two or more people talk about the same ideas, or solutions they are not legitimate? that makes less then no sense.

Really so when the leftist talk and put forth their ideas that are honest and caring people, but anyone on the right is doing it just for the money?

Liberalism
“childlike emotionalism applied to adult issues"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 11:52 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
so if two or more people talk about the same ideas, or solutions they are not legitimate? that makes less then no sense.

Really so when the leftist talk and put forth their ideas that are honest and caring people, but anyone on the right is doing it just for the money?

Liberalism
“childlike emotionalism applied to adult issues"

OMG, I am saying to stop listening to these people and be informed on your own. And I don't think that definition of liberalism is in the dictionary.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:58 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
OMG, I am saying to stop listening to these people and be informed on your own. And I don't think that definition of liberalism is in the dictionary.
I know its not, its a cultural observation.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:49 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Progressive is regressive? Special interests bribe both the right and the left. If Levin says otherwise he's a lier. Does he imply that special interest that bribe conservatives to impose legislation that may conserve something that should be changed---but that is ok?

"We have to buy the book to see what's in it"

Old 08-17-2013, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
In other words ...

Levin hates the US Constitution so much, that he wants to alter it radically so that it conforms to his extremist right-wing ultra-conservative political ideology.

It's not gonna happen.

Not. Gonna. Happen.

He'll sell some books and make a few bucks ... that's the bottom line.

Actually he wants us to conform to the intent of the Constitution that we have traveled far from, not "radically alter" it.

Obama is the "fundamental" changer if you recall as an example.
Telling the People they will be taxed for not buying something is radical.

I believe many did not let that word, "fundamental", sink in to reflect upon it's true meaning.

Too much of this has already transpired well before the current Administration to our detriment.

Did you read the link?

Old 08-17-2013, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
This. Levin sounds like just another partisan hack babbling about the other side and ignoring that his side is half of the problem.

Sounds like you are unfamiliar with Levin.

Old 08-17-2013, 05:23 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
What part of STATE legislatures do you not understand?
What parts of the US Constitution don't you understand...

You or Levin dont have to re-write the constitution when what seek is already allowed. You all just dont want to go the route allowed and come up with some freaking Right Wing talking points fantasy.

Go pass your "liberty amendments" if you and he know so much; see how far you get.

Old 08-17-2013, 06:16 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,918 times
Two quotes from the review (the bold is mine)...

Quote:
Levin aims to change the rules of the game… or, more properly, reset them, to restore the brilliant system put in place by America’s Founders.
Quote:
Another Liberty Amendment likewise reins in the judicial branch, setting term limits for Supreme Court justices, and giving Congress the power to override Supreme Court opinions with a three-fifths vote, without risk of presidential veto. Three-fifths of the state legislatures can also join forces to knock down a Court decision.
Anyone find these quotes contradictory?

What is the aim of the conservative? ...to restore the Constitution to its original version (whatever or WHENEVER that may be) or to "restore" the constitution to what it OUGHT to be?

Liberalism isn't the only ideology plagued with visions of utopia dancing in its head.

Old 08-17-2013, 06:31 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
For a guy who says he loves the constitution I find it strange that he has pure hatred for the Pauls and their supporters. He is also is a big supporter of interventionist foreign policy and it is a joke he does not address that issue.
I do support all of his amendments and some of them are well talked about already such as term limits. So thus I am not impressed and considering the source who too me is just another loud mouth {R}.
I would not waste my hard earned money on a pipe dream, does Levin actually think that he would get any of these amendments to become law? As you know after the states pass a amendment it goes to congress and that is where it will die. Does anybody think our leaders will cut their own throats and give up power?
The U S will continue down the same path it is way too late to turn back the clock.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:15 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times
Quote:
Mark Levin is not an authority on anything. He is just another talking head who makes lots of money bilking his listeners with his no knowledge books.
When you attack the author instead of the information he presents, your argument is deemed false as being a logical fallacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies