Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 10:08 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,991,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
If you want government out of your life a good way to start is to not take things from them.

Yet they're allowed to rob us blind?
You're a piece of work, you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 10:08 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,543,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
You haven't the foggiest what that proverb means. Amusingly, it actually makes reference to a principle most conservatives used to trumpet - The value of community and elders. Unfortunately, our current crop is just so plain ignorant and stupid, they'd never be able to figure that out.
Whatever happened to the value of parenthood? Seems to me they have more to say about how their child is raised than the village or collective. We need to preserve the rights of individuals. That is what the Constitution is all about. Keeping the gov't in check, which has far exceeded its boundaries.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:12 PM

20,112 posts, read 16,092,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
The sure sign that I've won the argument.
No. I don't care what illogic you are using because the bottom line is that she invited those people to question what she was feeding her baby by taking those coupons - as evidenced by the fact that she and the baby will be at the doctor on Sept 5 (I believe that's the right date) and no judge will stop it.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
No. I don't care what illogic you are using because the bottom line is that she invited those people to question what she was feeding her baby by taking those coupons - as evidenced by the fact that she and the baby will be at the doctor on Sept 5 (I believe that's the right date) and no judge will stop it.
She invited nothing. The government rapes her wallet and now you balk because she took something back? Who raises her child is irrelevant to the situation. The government has no right to step in and do that. It's logical, but you don't get it. It's much like a sane man in a room full of insane people seems like the insane one.

12,770 posts, read 11,543,579 times
[quote=Oldhag1;30998581 You want to make your own choices and not be questioned? Don't take the coupons. It is that simple. If you want government out of your life a good way to start is to not take things from them. .[/quote]

It's more than coupons, it's checkups and advice, but that does not mean they get to force you to take their advice. If that's the case, then take them off the list for breach of contract or something. You don't take their child or threaten to do so. You don't force your way into their homes and into their lives. Take them off the dole if they aren't following protocol. Simple.
And who is this gov't we are taking from? The gov't is supposed to represent us, we can't take from ourselves.

Is this charity or is this control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Whatever happened to the value of parenthood? Seems to me they have more to say about how their child is raised than the village or collective.
Then don't ask the village to pay for your child.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Then don't ask the village to pay for your child.
Then get the village out of her pocket!

Old 08-16-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
She invited nothing. The government rapes her wallet and now you balk because she took something back? Who raises her child is irrelevant to the situation. The government has no right to step in and do that. It's logical, but you don't get it. It's much like a sane man in a room full of insane people seems like the insane one.
How much in taxes do you think an unemployed 17 year-old pays? It's more like she is raping my wallet.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
How much in taxes do you think an unemployed 17 year-old pays? It's more like she is raping my wallet.
Think it'll be that way forever? I thought you liberals believed in giving people chances.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
It's more than coupons, it's checkups and advice, but that does not mean they get to force you to take their advice. If that's the case, then take them off the list for breach of contract or something. You don't take their child or threaten to do so. You don't force your way into their homes and into their lives. Take them off the dole if they aren't following protocol. Simple.
And who is this gov't we are taking from? The gov't is supposed to represent us, we can't take from ourselves.
They take it from me and give it to her. I want her to properly feed her child and want to ensure her child is healthy, that's what I ask for that raping of my wallet that pays for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies