Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should We Ratify The Liberty Amendments To The Constitution
Yes 58 45.31%
No 57 44.53%
Other 16 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 07:50 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,712,076 times

Advertisements

Would you support the states under Article 5 section 2 of Constitution passing the following Amendments?

~ An Amendment to Establish Term Limits for Members of Congress
~ An Amendment to Restore the Senate (repeal of the 17th Amendment)
~ An Amendment to Establish Term Limits for Supreme Court Justices and Super-Majority Legislative Override
~ Two Amendments to Limit Federal Spending and Taxation
~ An Amendment to Limit the Federal Bureaucracy
~ An Amendment to Promote Free Enterprise (redefining the Commerce Clause)
~ An Amendment to Protect Private Property (curbing abuses under the Takings Clause).
~ An Amendment to Grant the States Authority to Directly Amend the Constitution
~ An Amendment to Grant States Authority to Check Congress
~ An Amendment to Protect the Vote (requiring photo ID)

Yes or no, What is you take on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 07:59 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,771,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Would you support the states under Article 5 section 2 of Constitution passing the following Amendments?

~ An Amendment to Establish Term Limits for Supreme Court Justices and Super-Majority Legislative Override
~ An Amendment to Protect Private Property (curbing abuses under the Takings Clause).

The government will never vote to limit the size of government.

Though I support many of the above

Old 08-16-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The government will never vote to limit the size of government.

Though I support many of the above
that why the states ratify these Amendments, not the feds..

Last edited by gunlover; 08-16-2013 at 08:21 PM..

Old 08-16-2013, 08:30 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,693,226 times
Quote:

Sorry, but this one is a horrible idea. There is a reason the court say is final and they are not subject to constant replacement. If the super majority truly doesn't agree with a ruling then they should pass an amendment. Fundamental rights are not suppose to be subject to the will of the majority. I do agree with the rest of them though.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:39 PM

25,040 posts, read 27,807,936 times
Quote:

~ An Amendment to Establish Term Limits for Members of Congress Yes
~ An Amendment to Restore the Senate (repeal of the 17th Amendment) Split
~ An Amendment to Establish Term Limits for Supreme Court Justices and Super-Majority Legislative Override No
~ Two Amendments to Limit Federal Spending and Taxation No
~ An Amendment to Limit the Federal Bureaucracy Don't get it. Which ones, and why?
~ An Amendment to Promote Free Enterprise (redefining the Commerce Clause) We already have free enterprise. Maybe defining stricter limits on the Commerce clause, but that can be accomplished through the Courts.
~ An Amendment to Protect Private Property (curbing abuses under the Takings Clause). Private property is already protected, plus private property is not, and should not, be absolute. Nobody should be able to control their own little fiefdom
~ An Amendment to Grant the States Authority to Directly Amend the Constitution No
~ An Amendment to Grant States Authority to Check Congress Yes
~ An Amendment to Protect the Vote (requiring photo ID) Yes

My responses in red

Old 08-16-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
Sorry, but this one is a horrible idea. There is a reason the court say is final and they are not subject to constant replacement. If the super majority truly doesn't agree with a ruling then they should pass an amendment. Fundamental rights are not suppose to be subject to the will of the majority. I do agree with the rest of them though.
Really? so their should be no recourse? seeing their two major cases in which they ****ed up US vs Miller and Dred Scott v. Sandford.. that and Plessy v. Ferguson

Fundamental rights are not suppose to be subject to the will of 5 out of 9 lawyers as well.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:59 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,294,338 times
Quote:

Term limit every 6, 4, and 2 years. Just because you don't like how another state votes, doesn't mean you have the right to shove out someone they support.

I like the popular vote of Senators

No, for people who so profess to love the constitution, there was a reason why supreme court nominees are for life terms. I like the way the founding fathers set it up, just fine thank you.

Good luck with limiting the spending and taxation by amendment. There are ways to work around that at any rate. And "Federal Bureaucracy?" Seriously? Could there be a more ambiguous term? Every amendment then on out is just stupid.

As I said in the other thread, its hard to have a real conversation about what the founding fathers said and did, with someone who doesn't understand what they did themselves. Go, please, read a history book.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:11 PM

254 posts, read 417,053 times
I support all.

Also, did you see Mark Levin on Hannity talking about the Liberty amendments? I think that was the best 60 minutes for Liberty, ever.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJohn View Post
I support all.

Also, did you see Mark Levin on Hannity talking about the Liberty amendments? I think that was the best 60 minutes for Liberty, ever.
Yes I did, he should be President.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:15 PM

44,991 posts, read 26,145,251 times
The amendments appear to be worded as vauge and wishy washy as the constitution itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies