Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 05:50 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,421,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbt1766 View Post
How do we help black people? I suggest free birth control and condoms. If we can fix their out of wedlock births then most of the other problems will fix themselves.

In the mean time we need to make student loans enough to cover child care and housing with children. Make sure loans for trade schools are easy to get as well.

Get more blacks educated and decrease out of wedlock children and they will be on their way.
Well you better start similar programs for unwed white mothers too. That demographic has grown over the years as well.

Old 08-17-2014, 05:51 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,421,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
BS. Anyone who commits a crime is a criminal.

But some ******* had to assign race to it.
I agree, and I am happy you made that observation. I think that for some, racist folk, they have nothing to do but to show statistics about black people in comparison to white people to make themselves feel good. Then when a black person doesn't fit that stereotype, those same people have a problem with that as well. So which is it?

Old 08-19-2014, 09:34 PM

317 posts, read 328,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Well you better start similar programs for unwed white mothers too. That demographic has grown over the years as well.

I wouldn't have a problem doing that if I could.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:13 PM

72,978 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
I agree, and I am happy you made that observation. I think that for some, racist folk, they have nothing to do but to show statistics about black people in comparison to white people to make themselves feel good. Then when a black person doesn't fit that stereotype, those same people have a problem with that as well. So which is it?
The sad truth is, some people only bring up statistics about crime and race to justify their hatred of Blacks. I don't believe it has as much to do with having nothing better to do. It might be this way for many. However, for some people, it has alot to do with the need to justify their anger towards Blacks. This is one reason there any decent conversation regarding race can never really be had. Anger controls the conversation.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The sad truth is, some people only bring up statistics about crime and race to justify their hatred of Blacks. I don't believe it has as much to do with having nothing better to do. It might be this way for many. However, for some people, it has alot to do with the need to justify their anger towards Blacks. This is one reason there any decent conversation regarding race can never really be had. Anger controls the conversation.

I believe blacks commit more crimes as a percent of their population. When a black person is successful I'm happy for them.

There aren't decent conversations regarding race, because there are few black people honest enough to own up to the statistics.

If whites were enslaved in this country and then treated like blacks have been over the last 50 years then whites would have bad statistics too.

The solution to help all at risk youths in this country regardless of race is for schools to fill in the educational gaps for these people.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:

I've noticed a lot more white girls getting pregnant by black males. I wonder these statistics have changed, because of all the white girls getting pregnant by blacks and then left footing the bill.

If this is true it shows that black males are very good at conning all females of all races.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:44 PM

Quote:
I believe blacks commit more crimes as a percent of their population. When a black person is successful I'm happy for them.

There aren't decent conversations regarding race, because there are few black people honest enough to own up to the statistics.

If whites were enslaved in this country and then treated like blacks have been over the last 50 years then whites would have bad statistics too.

The solution to help all at risk youths in this country regardless of race is for schools to fill in the educational gaps for these people.
Most Blacks do not have any kind of preconceptions when it comes to crime. Most Blacks are quite aware. This is not about statistics for us. This is about anger and trying to justify negative feelings towards Blacks. Whether or not the statistics are true isn't what Blacks are trying to argue. What I am arguing is that there is no trust when it comes to discussing such issues.

It isn't about "owning up" to the statistics. It is about how these statistics are discussed. Often, what I see is alot of anger and resentment towards Blacks when these stats are mentioned. And why would I want to discuss such issues with someone who already has a negative view of Blacks and tries to justify having such feelings?

Old 08-19-2014, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Most Blacks do not have any kind of preconceptions when it comes to crime. Most Blacks are quite aware. This is not about statistics for us. This is about anger and trying to justify negative feelings towards Blacks. Whether or not the statistics are true isn't what Blacks are trying to argue. What I am arguing is that there is no trust when it comes to discussing such issues.

It isn't about "owning up" to the statistics. It is about how these statistics are discussed. Often, what I see is alot of anger and resentment towards Blacks when these stats are mentioned. And why would I want to discuss such issues with someone who already has a negative view of Blacks and tries to justify having such feelings?

If there wasn't a greater problem in the black communities than white communities then I wouldn't have any reason to try and help the black communities.

It would be a non issue to me. Just like I have no desire or reason to help the Asian communities in America.

I could see an Asian wanting to help the poor white hillbillies, because they are tired of being disproportionally victims of crimes from them.

That said the only way to help all the at risk youths in this country of all races is to have schools fill in the educational gaps they are not getting at home. If people want crime to decrease America needs to give out free birth control and provide additional schooling.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:10 PM

Quote:
If there wasn't a greater problem in the black communities than white communities then I wouldn't have any reason to try and help the black communities.

It would be a non issue to me. Just like I have no desire or reason to help the Asian communities in America.

I could see an Asian wanting to help the poor white hillbillies, because they are tired of being disproportionally victims of crimes from them.

That said the only way to help all the at risk youths in this country of all races is to have schools fill in the educational gaps they are not getting at home. If people want crime to decrease America needs to give out free birth control and provide additional schooling.
What does any of this have to do with what I actually said?

Old 08-20-2014, 01:03 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
How do we help black people? I suggest free birth control and condoms. If we can fix their out of wedlock births then most of the other problems will fix themselves.
So instead of them acting like responsible adults, I should instead have the money I earned taken away to enable them to continue their irresponsible behavior.
Quote:
In the mean time we need to make student loans enough to cover child care and housing with children. Make sure loans for trade schools are easy to get as well.
But we already have a growing student loan bubble. The federal government has already nationalized student loans. Student loan debt has risen almost 300% in the last 10 years to almost a trillion dollars. Your suggestion would only make that worse.
Quote:
Get more blacks educated and decrease out of wedlock children and they will be on their way.
No they won't. All your suggestions do is absolve them of the consequences of the bad choices they make. That will not encourage future generations of the black community to make smarter choices. It will serve as encouragement for making more poor choices. This is exactly how we got into this problem in the first place. Welfare has had the complete opposite effect than intended. Instead of welfare lifting the black community into the middle class and making them productive citizens, it has created a permanent dependent class. Since the institution of the Great Society, trillions of dollars have been spent on welfare while the poverty rate has remained where it was to begin with.

Government does not and never has worked to lift disadvantaged people into independence. All it does is enable them to stay in their disadvantaged state and survive there, thus providing no skills or motivation for them to better their lives. History has proven this. It is not refutable. It is not a matter of compassion. It is not a matter of disparaging welfare queens and bums. It's simply a fact of human nature. It has been this way ever since the proletarian class of ancient Rome. It is not a nice aspect of humanity, but it is a factual aspect, proven by centuries upon centuries of history. Welfare states do not work. They do not lift the common man into the middle class. They stagnate with a permanent underclass. Always have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies