Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 06:25 AM

2,080 posts, read 3,922,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Who speaks for the child?
Who speaks for the man? He doesnt have a choice either. Women who have abortions are selfish slobs and those that support abortion rights, are supremely misguided and foolish (being kind here...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 08:58 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Former Abortion Doctors: "I've Taken Lives of Innocent Babies," "I'm Destroying Life" | LifeNews.com

On the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade (January 22, 2013), Priests for Life began a daily project. Named “Expose Abortion,” the project releases a daily quote about abortion.
Yet these quotes are quite different from what many might expect. They are anything but simple quips. Instead, they provide a direct line to truth from inside the abortion industry. Fr. Frank Pavone writes (emphasis mine):

Interesting article.
The most tragic part of the links is the extremely poor journalism. When writing fiction it's critical to at least attempt to make so-called "personal confessions" seem credible. When attempting to smear all aspects of the pro-choice position with each and every "confession", the writer is bound to slip up, but gee willikers, they really screwed up with this campaign.

Poor little Suzie was tricked by her boyfriend into getting an abortion, yet struggled alone to find a clinic, then was tricked by the nurses into getting an abortion against her will, yet felt alone because the nurses barely said anything to her! Yikes, what a cluster! Which one of these aspects is true. Each and every confession is the same with conflicting injustices, and the tell-tale slant of the pro-lifers. Pathetic to have to manufacture this tripe.

If you are against abortion, then don't get one.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:14 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Former Abortion Doctors: "I've Taken Lives of Innocent Babies," "I'm Destroying Life" | LifeNews.com

On the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade (January 22, 2013), Priests for Life began a daily project. Named “Expose Abortion,” the project releases a daily quote about abortion.
Yet these quotes are quite different from what many might expect. They are anything but simple quips. Instead, they provide a direct line to truth from inside the abortion industry. Fr. Frank Pavone writes (emphasis mine):

Interesting article.
Oh, and it took those doctors how long to realize they were ending life? Years?

Of course they are terminating potential humans, but then again, under certain circumstances it might be appropriate. It is not an all or nothing issue...

Old 08-18-2013, 09:15 AM

5,899 posts, read 5,792,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Don't like abortions, then never have one and your problem will be solved.
I'm sorry, but this is an extremely poor argument, similar to saying "Don't like infanticide, then never do it and your problem will be solved."

Old 08-18-2013, 09:18 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
The most tragic part of the links is the extremely poor journalism. When writing fiction it's critical to at least attempt to make so-called "personal confessions" seem credible. When attempting to smear all aspects of the pro-choice position with each and every "confession", the writer is bound to slip up, but gee willikers, they really screwed up with this campaign.

Poor little Suzie was tricked by her boyfriend into getting an abortion, yet struggled alone to find a clinic, then was tricked by the nurses into getting an abortion against her will, yet felt alone because the nurses barely said anything to her! Yikes, what a cluster! Which one of these aspects is true. Each and every confession is the same with conflicting injustices, and the tell-tale slant of the pro-lifers. Pathetic to have to manufacture this tripe.

If you are against abortion, then don't get one.
Thanks for pointing out this fictional story.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:46 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Smell View Post
The ghost of Margaret Sanger does.
Oh, please explain this comment.
I'm very interested in your response.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:48 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
I'm sorry, but this is an extremely poor argument, similar to saying "Don't like infanticide, then never do it and your problem will be solved."
And that's true.
You do realize that there has to be a BORN kid to have infanticide.
It was a very common practice throughout the world.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And that's true.
You do realize that there has to be a BORN kid to have infanticide.
It was a very common practice throughout the world.
Yes, I am obviously aware that a child needs to be born for infanticide to occur. However, if one considers abortion to be morally unjustifiable (or considers both abortion and infanticide to be morally justifiable, as the authors of that After-Birth Abortion paper do), then my point still stands.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:52 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
Its funny how the loudmouth pro abortion people were never aborted themselves. Its never too late, though...
So you are anti-choice and anti-life.

Get in line. The far-right is FULL of people who don't care about human life once it leaves the womb.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So you are anti-choice and anti-life.

Get in line.

The far-right is FULL of people who don't care about human life once it leaves the womb.
The bolded part appears to be an appeal to hypocrisy fallacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies