Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2013, 09:29 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,499,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
no not every chold is wanted, no matter how much you spin it. otherwise we would not have babies found abandon in the streets, or toddlers beaten and killed, or abortion.

pro choice means 3 choices, it isn't just "pro abortion" pro choice respects life as it is one of the choices we support

how women control their own biology is none of your business.
SOMEONE would have wanted that baby, that is what is meant by no baby is unwanted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
some pro abortion people, like myself, are also pro life.
That is not possible. If you support abortion you are not pro life.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:37 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
SOMEONE would have wanted that baby, that is what is meant by no baby is unwanted.
Janelle, I know your head is not in the sand because we have discussed this. But you know there are kids who live their whole life in foster care. No one wanted them as babies.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Well, then, I'm sure you are all up in arms about the nearly two million embryos that have been literally thrown into the garbage at fertility clinics over the last 20 years, right? And more are wantonly discarded daily, yet for some odd reason, we never see anti-choicers standing outside of these clinics trying to dissuade the people entering to "save the babies!" Why is that?

1.7 million embryos created for IVF have been thrown away, and just 7 per cent lead to pregnancy | Mail Online
Pro life people are against this and I think more will be protesting this in the future. Abortion clinics are actively killing a baby though.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Janelle, I know your head is not in the sand because we have discussed this. But you know there are kids who live their whole life in foster care. No one wanted them as babies.

If the state would make it easier to adopt there wouldn't be so many plus the parents have to give up their parental rights for the child to be adopted. Many won't.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Of course it does. Everybody is well aware of that. And IT IS STILL a woman's right to choose.

What bothers me the most about the pro-life movement is that you guys treat women like infants. As if they can't possibly think through the consequences of an abortion for themselves, so it must be explained to them in simple words that they will understand.

Abortion is a difficult decision that a woman may consider in their particular circumstances. It's not a visit to Disney, and nobody treats it as such.
Many women change their minds whan someone steps forward to support them to have the baby. Many women feel alone and like no one will support anything but abortion for their babies. Many will tell you they were forced to abort.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
If the state would make it easier to adopt there wouldn't be so many plus the parents have to give up their parental rights for the child to be adopted. Many won't.
Now you're blaming the states? I guess people go to Europe because it's easier to adopt there. And if people won't give up their parental rights then why are these kids in foster homes and not with the parents.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Now you're blaming the states? I guess people go to Europe because it's easier to adopt there. And if people won't give up their parental rights then why are these kids in foster homes and not with the parents.
That is the reason people adopt outside of our country and from China as well. Plus the cost of adoption here is very high and you need to wait for years.

The parents are in jail or have drug problems or any of a number of problems that keep the children from living with them. They see their children once a week or so for visits.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:51 PM

[quote=janelle144;31023239]Many women change their minds whan someone steps forward to support them to have the baby. Many women feel alone and like no one will support anything but abortion for their babies. Many will tell you they were forced to abort.[/QUOTE]

Show me those statistics please because I think you are wrong. And did you know that planned parenthood counsels pregnant women to make sure they know what they want to do. And then they send them home to thing about it. Maybe the alone pregnant women you know should go to planned parenthood.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:54 PM

[quote=natalie469;31023340]
Quote:
Many women change their minds whan someone steps forward to support them to have the baby. Many women feel alone and like no one will support anything but abortion for their babies. Many will tell you they were forced to abort.[/QUOTE]

Show me those statistics please because I think you are wrong. And did you know that planned parenthood counsels pregnant women to make sure they know what they want to do. And then they send them home to thing about it. Maybe the alone pregnant women you know should go to planned parenthood.
If they go to PP they will not hear abour adoption and only about abortion. There are underground tapes made about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies