Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 08:57 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Janelle, I know your head is not in the sand because we have discussed this. But you know there are kids who live their whole life in foster care. No one wanted them as babies.
Their whole life? They've got Alzheimer's foster kids in walkers now?
Your side is big on "choice", so I've got one for you: Would you have rather lived to age 18 or 21 with foster parents or never made it out of the womb alive? (In before you pick the latter of the two: It's really easy to say something like that from the very comfortable position of actually being alive and in zero danger of being aborted.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Many women change their minds whan someone steps forward to support them to have the baby. Many women feel alone and like no one will support anything but abortion for their babies. Many will tell you they were forced to abort.
Look at the faces of the pro-choice protesters outside abortion clinics when a woman chooses to think it over after being exhorted not to abort her baby. They're absolutely livid. It's as if they "lost one". I thought it was a woman's right to choose? Why do they get so upset when the woman makes the 'wrong' choice?
I think that's very telling.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Well, happy to hear that you'll get around to looking into the fertility clinics some day. Meanwhile, nearly two million embryos have already been destroyed by these clinics, who make big bucks while tossing healthy embryos in the garbage every single day. One would imagine, if stopping abortion "for the sake of the babies" was the anti-choicer's real goal, you guys would have been outside protesting at these abortion mills from the very beginning.

But no, instead you go after individual women, each of whom is responsible for no more than one embryo, while ignoring the fertility clinics who are responsible for millions. You can maybe understand why many of us who are pro-choice question the validity of your so-called mission as not really being about the "babies" at all...
These embryos, never having been implanted in a uterus, never had a real chance at being born. It makes more sense to try to save the lives of babies actually in the process of gestating and being born that those in a frozen state of inanimation, doesn't it?

One battle at a time; it's simply a matter of triage.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:14 AM

18,390 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Their whole life? They've got Alzheimer's foster kids in walkers now?
Your side is big on "choice", so I've got one for you: Would you have rather lived to age 18 or 21 with foster parents or never made it out of the womb alive? (In before you pick the latter of the two: It's really easy to say something like that from the very comfortable position of actually being alive and in zero danger of being aborted.)

pondering how would you feel if you were aborted is an impossibility. it is as I said a page or so ago, one of the dumbest arguments an anti choicer has. talk in realities it suits your case far better.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:16 AM

18,390 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
These embryos, never having been implanted in a uterus, never had a real chance at being born. It makes more sense to try to save the lives of babies actually in the process of gestating and being born that those in a frozen state of inanimation, doesn't it?

they are however "life" just the same.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:23 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli
You obviously have no clue what triage means. It is a system of priorities designed to maximize the number of survivors. Fertility clinics have a multitude of embryos, which they routinely discard by the millions. Just think of how many could be "saved" there, as opposed to going after one woman at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
they are however "life" just the same.
No, no, no--SOME embryos are more equal than OTHER embryos. Those implanted inside women are more valuable than those thrown into the garbage by big abortion mill fertility clinics. Cavaturaccioli just said as much.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:34 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Former Abortion Doctors: "I've Taken Lives of Innocent Babies," "I'm Destroying Life" | LifeNews.com

On the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade (January 22, 2013), Priests for Life began a daily project. Named “Expose Abortion,” the project releases a daily quote about abortion.
Yet these quotes are quite different from what many might expect. They are anything but simple quips. Instead, they provide a direct line to truth from inside the abortion industry. Fr. Frank Pavone writes (emphasis mine):

Interesting article.

That's probably why they're "former" abortion doctors.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:50 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Look at the faces of the pro-choice protesters outside abortion clinics when a woman chooses to think it over after being exhorted not to abort her baby. They're absolutely livid. It's as if they "lost one". I thought it was a woman's right to choose? Why do they get so upset when the woman makes the 'wrong' choice?
I think that's very telling.
What a foolish statement. Yet another who refuses to educate themselves on what pro-choice means.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:57 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
How about all the female babies that are killed through abortion. I would say that is control of women.

I thought liberals loved science but they can't accept science when it comes to the unborn child. They have no room to talk about the flat earth people.
Babies aren't killed by abortion.
Emotional hyperbole makes you completely lose all credibility.

You don't know the difference between a fully formed, breathing, living baby that is separated from its umbilical cord and a petri dish with some cells?
How sad.
Quote:
I'm glad for you, so many babies are aborted because their mother was forced into it.

Why did you edit out the part about your father now wanting you and your grandparents hating you?
We've asked several times, in several threads, to provide some stats on all of these women forced to abort.
Still waiting.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:27 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
God's plan" is the way that Christians traditionally explain things like amputations, cancer, hurricanes and car accidents. For example, if a Christian dies a painful and tragic death because of cancer, she dies as part of God's plan. Her death has a purpose. God called her home for a reason. Even if something bad happens to a Christian, it is actually good because it is part of God's plan.

Because God made you for a reason, he also decided when you would be born and how long you would live. He planned the days of your life in advance, choosing the exact time of your birth and death. The Bible says, "You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in your book!" [Psalm 139:16]

There is also this:
Regardless of the circumstances of your birth or who your parents are, God had a plan in creating you.
Under this view of the universe, God plans everything.

"He planned the days of your life in advance, choosing the exact time of your birth and death." Let's examine one simple implication of this statement. What this means is that God has pre-planned every abortion that has taken place on our planet.

God is Imaginary - 50 simple proofs
Just some food for thought fo the anti-choice bible thumping crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies