Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 01:04 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,439,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Abortion stops a beating heart, and no child should die alone.
Eating meat stops a beating heart. I don't know how or why a dead child would care that he didn't have company when he died.

Cute little emotion-gripping talking points, though, I guess that's the main arguing strategy that pro-lifers have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 01:07 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,006,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
Interesting about Roe v Wade is that Roe never had an abortion. She changed her mind and kept her child, and today she is a pro life advocate.

Just a little detail that many pro abortionists like to leave out.
anyone who has more than a passing interest in the abortion debates knows Roe is now against abortion. I support any woman's right to choice.

Quote:
Lmao! This is the equivalent of saying "because I wasn't born in a 3rd world country I don't have to worry about helping those who are".

Another fallacy once again.
the ability to empathize the problems isn't the point. you need a brain, some intelligence to reasons enough to be concerned. this is only possible after you are born, not in utero. you can't ask something/someone "to reason" as if they are a fully realized thinking human being when they haven't even come into existence. if one was aborted, and what you may or may not think is impossible. they never existed, nor even formed a brain to think with in the first place.

Quote:
Here's the problem with this thinking. Women usually get abortions out of convienance, because they falsely think that it will be a burden on them. What's next? Killing the elderly because they too are a "burden" on them? After all many elderly people can't take care of themselves, are they "parasites" too?

Abortion is societies first step to legalized eugenics. And the pro abortionists will eventually evolve into the position above.
so what if women get abortions for their convince? not your business the reasons. asking about killing people alive be it toddlers or old people because they are a burden is rhetorical at best. it is murder and has nothing to do with abortion. unlike pregnancy anyone can take care of a baby, toddler or old person who wants the job. not so with pregnancy.

no abortion is about abortion nothing else. eugenics ....such bs

Old 08-19-2013, 03:58 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,790,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
1. how old are you? are you even an adult?

2. it is a fact some men don't take responsibility for their sperm or their active role in any pregnancy they may help create, nor the upbringing of the child.

3. you need to get educated. woman with children/babies, dumped on their asses doesn't have much success in getting child support from a man that doesn't want to give any. the authorities don't always go after or even when they do, find the man. often the man just doesn't work so there is no child support to send. again, get educated.

4. saying yes to sex does not mean saying yes to pregnancy.

5. what convoluted sexual ideas you suggest to avoid pregnancy. get a grip
1. Yes, I am an adult. I am currently 21 years old.

2. I never disputed this.

3. But if a man doesn't work, won't he eventually run out of savings? I know that even here in liberal California, the unemployment benefits that one receives are not very large. Also, I have heard of some men successfully evading the authorities who want them to pay child support, but how frequently does this occur? I've heard that the authorities have cracked down more on men who don't want to pay child support (since the govt. does not want to pay child support itself) over the last couple of decades.

4. Oh sure, but neither is consent to sex consent to paying child support, but males are still often/sometimes forced to pay it.

5. So masturbation and having sex with someone of the same gender are "convoluted"? Did you even try doing these things before?

Old 08-19-2013, 07:21 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,579,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Don't like abortions, then never have one and your problem will be solved.
Let's legalize murder too. Don't like murder? Just don't commit one or be the victim of one.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:58 PM

32,053 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Expose Abortion Daily Quotes

More quotes from expose abortion.

Priests For Life....really? I especially love this statement, "Violence thrives when it is hidden". Well they should know first hand about this shouldn't they. I can't believe they said that What hypocrisy.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:19 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,225,995 times
MAybe they have to perform abortions on the side to offset their child support payments. People will do things they would not normally do when money gets tight.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:01 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,499,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Priests For Life....really? I especially love this statement, "Violence thrives when it is hidden". Well they should know first hand about this shouldn't they. I can't believe they said that What hypocrisy.
You can't say the statement is not true now can you if you are against abuse to children. The church is shedding light on child abuse from those priests and also child abuse on pre-born children. No hypocrisy in that.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:37 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times
Quote:
Here's the problem with this thinking. Women usually get abortions out of convienance, because they falsely think that it will be a burden on them. What's next? Killing the elderly because they too are a "burden" on them? After all many elderly people can't take care of themselves, are they "parasites" too?

Abortion is societies first step to legalized eugenics. And the pro abortionists will eventually evolve into the position above.
So you know why every woman aborts?
How prescient of you.

Abortion has been around since women got pregnant.
Sheesh, what a lame argument.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:48 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355

Here's the problem with this thinking.
Women usually get abortions out of
convienance, because they falsely think that it will be a burden on
them.
What's next? Killing the elderly because they too are a
"burden" on them? After all many elderly people can't take care of themselves,
are they "parasites" too?

Abortion is societies first step to legalized
eugenics. And the pro abortionists will eventually evolve into the position
above.
I don't care why they get them. It's between a woman and her doctor. If it's a burden on her, so be it. It certainly won't be a burden on me or on you, so we don't get to make the choice for her.

Old 08-20-2013, 01:00 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Let's legalize murder too. Don't like murder? Just don't commit one or be the victim of one.
It seems that you have a problem understanding basic laws of the US.
You can read and education yourself on the laws of the US and why they exist, if you want to learn facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies