Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 11:06 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
You're just mad because one of your fellow Liberals insisted that facts be presented, and someone called him on it.

Your jejune insinuations regarding motivation otherwise is nothing more than a weak attempt to shoot the messenger. #FAIL.

If you don't like the statistic, you do something about it; As I seem to recall, you're the one who is black. After all, every time non-blacks try to step in and help, aside from cutting checks that is, they are told to butt out by black "leadership."
First of you, you are the one making assumptions. You don't know if I'm Liberal, Moderate, Libertarian, or Conservative.

I'm naive? People need to motivate themselves to do better, and there are those who need to be motivated.

My issue is not with the statistic, but with HOW you use it. If you are using it to complain about Black people, then there will not be a conversation on race. It will only be anger. And anger shuts down all dialogue. What do you want A conversation, or to gripe about Blacks?

And you don't speak for me. There are leaders speaking up, such as Bill Cosby. And I have respect for him because he actually cares about the community. He actually wants to see Black people do better. All I see from you is griping.

And give me examples when Black leadership tells non-Blacks to "back off". I have not heard of such leaders saying things at all.

What I'm looking for are people who will discuss these issues for the right reasons. I do not want to deal with people whose only motivation is anger and resentment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 11:10 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Again, answer my question. How does being of a different race make a person commit a crime?
CORRECTION - How does being stupid and being born with a low IQ make a person commit a crime? It has nothing to do with race-- But if a couple of very stupid black guys are going to rob someone...it paints all black people as being stupid..which is not the case. I wonder if Martin Luther King as a young man would have thought....I need a six pack and a pack of smokes- I think I should rob those two priests...No he would not have thought that because he was intelligent........When black men commit a crime- the slander and embarrass every last person who has dark skin.............They are just to damned stupid to realize they are not just committing a crime against a priest but a crime against THE WHOLE BLACK RACE.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:16 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,225,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
You're just mad because one of your fellow Liberals insisted that facts be presented, and someone called him on it.

Your jejune insinuations regarding motivation otherwise is nothing more than a weak attempt to shoot the messenger. #FAIL.

If you don't like the statistic, you do something about it; As I seem to recall, you're the one who is black. After all, every time non-blacks try to step in and help, aside from cutting checks that is, they are told to butt out by black "leadership."

I speak out against it when I see it because I care. With that being said, I cannot control what every person of my race happens to do. I can't be inside their brains, and quite frankly that's not my job. I do my best to set as positive of an example of a black man as I can, however I'm not the poster child for black men. I am open for anyone (non-blacks included) giving a helping hand, as long as it's for genuine concern.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:46 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
I wasn't trying to prevent evidence. I just suspect that the only reason you post such things is to complain about Blacks. I haven't seen you list any productive solutions. You don't want to have a productive conversation on race relations. I think you just want to complain.

And why do you assume I'm a leftist?
That was a typo. I mean "present evidence". There's no point in having any conversation about solutions. Is there any solution that hasn't already been tried and largely failed? We've spent billions on propping up the bottom dwellers and the results are generation after generation end up in the same boat. Wash, rinse, repeat. They're taught from birth that they're victims and how to milk the system. They have to stop with the victim mentality and excuses and express some desire to end the cycle and actually work at fixing it rather than complaining that da' man be hodin' 'dem down.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:52 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Is there any solution that hasn't already been tried and largely failed?
Yes, ending the drug war and stopping the subsidization of bastards. Two less government solutions.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:56 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
If you look in the police beat in my local paper the demographics that represent 17% of the population commit 75% of the crime.
I'd say you are being conservative with this statistic. More like 5 percent and 90 if you ask me. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-18-2013, 01:04 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Nice spin attempt but you have failed.
So now dealing with FACTS is spin? That's laughable.

Old 08-18-2013, 01:06 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
The government hasn't figured this out because the government is not thinking in long term. Throwing welfare at a problem will not work. Real, lasting solutions will. To me, it starts in the home, in the church, and in the schools, and branches out from there.
Actually, I think it starts with doing whatever we can to encourage job growth in this country, and making sure that we provide a decent public education to our youth. If you have those two things, you can rise from poverty. When we lived in rural Missouri, no decent family who could afford it put their kids in the public school system, because it was a joke--you had a ton of kids who were not Catholic attending the Catholic schools instead. You got what you paid for--the tax base was so low it was ridiculous, and the public schools were horrible.

Old 08-18-2013, 01:16 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
And you believe that diversity causes people to commit crimes?
Don't you know, WASPs never commit crimes, it's those unwashed blacks and Hispanics that commit crimes

Last edited by theunbrainwashed; 08-18-2013 at 02:32 PM..

Old 08-18-2013, 02:02 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:

And why do you assume I'm a leftist?
He probably thinks that Harrier is a leftist as well - because I refuse to buy into his literally "black and white" nonsense.

"The world is gray Jack"

- Ritter, Clear and Present Danger(1994).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies