Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2013, 12:05 AM

15,082 posts, read 14,266,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpherson View Post
then whats the point?
The point of WHAT? My post? Our lives? God? Rats and bonobos? Being human?

Old 08-23-2013, 12:08 AM

37,056 posts, read 42,020,339 times
Fine. I'll do it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Nobody is running away but to ask "whats the point?" after nearly 100 pages is ridiculous.

Here's how it plays...
C: "Then what's the point?"
A: "The point of what?"
C:"Our lives!! There has to be a reason we exist!"
A: "Why is that?"
C: "Because I'm important damn it! I'm made in God's image and are special!"
.....blablablablabla

Feel free to quote this ever 2-3 pages to save time.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:11 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,933,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You really should think of another "insult". That one is getting quite stale.
Insult? It's reality. Or are you going to argue that Canada doesn't provide quality syrup?

Hey are folks in Canada atheist or do you just run around bothering us US folks with your nonsense??

Old 08-23-2013, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Insult? It's reality. Or are you going to argue that Canada doesn't provide quality syrup?

Hey are folks in Canada atheist or do you just run around bothering us US folks with your nonsense??
Maybe every single time you post, I should bring up obesity. Or are you going to argue that the US doesn't provide quality obesity? Why, you're one of the world leaders in obesity!
As far as bothering US folks;
for the 85th time...don't like my posts, don't read 'em.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PullMyFinger

I have a brother who is a PHD in Physics who
was an atheist himself in college and in his young life. But after 40 years of
being involved in some of the most high level scientific projects he is once
again a devout Catholic with no doubt in his mind that God exists.

Now
he is probably more intelligent than anyone on this forum so how do you explain
that?

It's not jibberish, he is not alone in his circle.
I'll see your brother and raise you......
This guy!!

Old 08-23-2013, 12:40 AM

Old 08-23-2013, 01:09 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,021,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Why do we need a man that looks like he stepped out of the 80's leaning up against a tree to tell us common sense?

Old 08-23-2013, 01:53 AM

8 posts, read 7,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Not enough times in my opinion. It's called following through on campaign promises something democrats have no idea how to do most likely because their voting blocks don't care.

Now back to the topic.
Wow smack in the face Obama

Old 08-23-2013, 01:59 AM

8 posts, read 7,532 times
I personally believe in a God, not associating myself with Judaism or Christianity but personally i have found life to seem more fulfilling this way, because for about 5 years i associated with Atheism. Honestly, its sad, if your an Atheist i honestly feel bad for you like to the bottom of my heart. Simply because when you die, you believe nothing happens. How fulfilling is that? The meaning of life? Theres no meaning? You just die and thats it. Personally i like to believe that something frickin happens because i wanna meet my grandpa and see my dad again. But thats just me, i have some hope i like to say and i see proof of that hope being well placed every day.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:15 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,021,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwetnaojw View Post
I personally believe in a God, not associating myself with Judaism or Christianity but personally i have found life to seem more fulfilling this way, because for about 5 years i associated with Atheism. Honestly, its sad, if your an Atheist i honestly feel bad for you like to the bottom of my heart. Simply because when you die, you believe nothing happens. How fulfilling is that? The meaning of life? Theres no meaning? You just die and thats it. Personally i like to believe that something frickin happens because i wanna meet my grandpa and see my dad again. But thats just me, i have some hope i like to say and i see proof of that hope being well placed every day.
I'm not certain that is how an Atheist feels. They might die with nothing to move onto but they may be fulfilled by knowing that they made contributions to society and the human race and their legacy will remain on earth going forward. Everyone is different. You dwell on the past in hopes of meeting loved ones you have lost. Others look forward and try to live a meaningful life that has an impact on future generations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies