Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2007, 04:26 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Well, you should be keeping christ in your hearts all year long, so why the pageantry? Keep it in the churches, in your hearts but not supported by my atheistic tax dollars.

Why do xians insist on the outward display anyway. Why not celebrate in your hearts and churches and homes?
It's sort of like life insurance - you don't have to buy it but every person deserves the right to hear what its about whether they want it or not. Its called being informed, after that the choice is yours.

BTW - Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:28 PM

240 posts, read 471,006 times
Question for anyone, I was trying to copy someone elses comment so I could reply to it, but I ended up putting their comment in with mine. How do I copy your message and add to it. Thanks!

Old 11-25-2007, 04:30 PM

Default new and confused on how to reply? need a tip from someone.

Question for anyone, I was trying to copy someone's comment so I could reply to it, but I ended up putting their comment in with mine. How do I copy your message and add to it. Thanks!

Old 11-25-2007, 04:30 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times
Click on Quote on the bottom right of their message - that will put their message at the top of yours and indicate it as a quote.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:32 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo08 View Post
Question for anyone, I was trying to copy someone's comment so I could reply to it, but I ended up putting their comment in with mine. How do I copy your message and add to it. Thanks!
just hit "quote" and make sure you type below the end of the persons [quote].

Old 11-25-2007, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Click on Quote on the bottom right of their message - that will put their message at the top of yours and indicate it as a quote.
Ahhhh! ty, ty very much

Old 11-25-2007, 04:36 PM

[quote=spunky1;2084979]just hit "quote" and make sure you type below the end of the persons
Quote:
Much better! ty for ur help, much appreciated. felt as if i was poking around in the dark.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
It seems inevitable that the word "Christmas" will be a hot topic yet again this year as companies try to decide what their policy is, and people who aren't Christians attack the word Christmas, and people who are Christians think everyone should have to say it, even the Hindu guy from India at the gas station. It is the Politically Correct/Incorrect argument of choice in November and December it seems when I turn on the TV or look at news online.

With all of this nonsense going on, my question to Christians who are upset about Christmas being removed from greetings is this. Why is the word Christmas so important to defend? I'm personally much more offended by the massive marketing campaigns, the obligatory gift buying marketing that pounds you from all radios and every store sign, and the excessive food that starts on Thanksgiving and many people choose to pig out all the way through New Year's, especially leading up to Christmas with all the "Christmas treats".

During the time all this happens, a lot of people rack up debt they can barely afford to pay, and add pounds from overeating, all in the name of Christmas. Shouldn't this be more of a concern for Christians to tackle? I would think poor stewardship of money and junking up the body is a much bigger problem for Christians than whether or not the person selling them the excess gifts and food finishes the transaction with a Merry Christmas.

Maybe I'm missing something...
I think it has to do with the tradition that was passed on thru the years, they way we were raised. Kind of like when you smell a scent and suddenly you are instantly in that moment of the memory. It has been generations of passing this on "Merry Christmas" and it has a powerful childhood memory attached to it. I hear what ur saying, bottom line is the Corporate World took it over and cashed in on it and wrangled the meaning out it. But it still holds a close tug to the heart when we hear it or say it. In a world were there is such bizarre spin on everything, it feels good for us to show our kindness, never intended to offend, but offering our hand.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:52 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo08 View Post
I think it has to do with the tradition that was passed on thru the years, they way we were raised. Kind of like when you smell a scent and suddenly you are instantly in that moment of the memory. It has been generations of passing this on "Merry Christmas" and it has a powerful childhood memory attached to it. I hear what ur saying, bottom line is the Corporate World took it over and cashed in on it and wrangled the meaning out it. But it still holds a close tug to the heart when we hear it or say it. In a world were there is so such bizarre spin on everything, it feels good to for us to show our kindness, never intended to offend, but offering our hand.
The spirit of your post shows that the Corporate World has not hardened your heart.

You are not alone, friend....

Old 11-25-2007, 04:54 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
Creme, have you joined the POOP club with us on the other forum?

what poop club...how come I don't know about it...
ok, that's it, I'm sueing....or suing?

what ever....

how do I get there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies