Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 09:14 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well what I tell people who look askance at me is if you've got something against nicotine then you'd better quit eating several things like tomatoes, potatoes etc.
List Of Foods That Contain Nicotine | LIVESTRONG.COM
Interesting, and I didn't know that. Filed away for future need.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:24 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
I have gone from 24mg of nic in my e-cigs to 0 nic over the last 3 years. I do not use tobacco flavored juices. My constant juice is Belgian Waffle and/or Pina Colada. The reason I went to 0 nic was because nicotine does restrict the arteries and is an inflammatory for the lining of the artery to promote plaque sticking to the walls. I have vascular disease so nicotine is out for me. I also have COPD and take various inhalers.
When someone asks me about my e-cig, I just tell them it's an inhaler that contains a drying agent to keep my lungs clear of fluid, which, in actuality, is the truth.

I was able to kick the nicotine habit rather easy by planned reduction over time but I'll probably never rid myself of the "Hand To Mouth" addiction. I stuffed a cigarette in my mouth every 45 minutes for almost 45 years. My hits now are probably fewer than ten a day and yes, the PG actually does keep my lung dry.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:30 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
PG will definitely dry you out. I try to stick with as close to 50% VG as I can, for that reason. PG dried me out to where I had nose bleeds. PG does NOT work for me.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:49 AM

9,137 posts, read 5,799,525 times
I'm a pipe smoker. I smoke for flavor, not nicotine and don't inhale.
I can't see myself "smoking" an e-anything.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:29 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I'm a pipe smoker. I smoke for flavor, not nicotine and don't inhale.
I can't see myself "smoking" an e-anything.
Strangely enough, my brother-in-law (who failed to quit smoking using e-cigs) recently purchased an 'e-pipe', which he now loves (although he continues to smoke cigarettes). It is a beautiful 'pipe', and he also bought the pipe-tobacco liquid.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:28 PM

102 posts, read 168,680 times
Congrats to everybody who quit smoking smokes! I quit smoking years ago too, after finding the eCigs. What a difference in my life! I tried all the other methods, all epic fails. But the ecig actually worked, thank the good Lord, Universe, White Vibes, and everything good and decent.

I've run across mostly supportive people, but every once in awhile an anti pops their head up. I'll never understand how anyone can be against something that literally has helped thousands of smokers kick the habit. I started at 24mg and now avg 6mg strength. By this time next year I hope to be Completely off of nicotine, and even vaping, except socially, of course. I'm not so naive as to think I won't want to grab an old habit when I'm having a drink with friends. I'll be prepared with zero nic in a nice tank on an eGo. (Vision spinner really).

Let's hope the FDA doesn't force newbies the choice of only pre-2009 kits. October is their revealing month, according to rumor. I hope everyone is set nice for themselves, plus with decent kits for newbie loved ones who want to quit smoking.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:57 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
I quite in 1994 when they came out with patches; worked well. But you have to want to quit and you have to have the next dose available as I found out from other at work who started with me. I followed directions and went thru the whole series of strengths. But I wouldn't lie ;if you told me I was going to die tomorrow ;I'd send you out to buy a pack today as I enjoyed smoking.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:30 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I quite in 1994 when they came out with patches; worked well. But you have to want to quit and you have to have the next dose available as I found out from other at work who started with me. I followed directions and went thru the whole series of strengths. But I wouldn't lie ;if you told me I was going to die tomorrow ;I'd send you out to buy a pack today as I enjoyed smoking.
Even willpower isn't enough, unfortunately. I tried several times to quit with patches, gum, chantix, etc. Nothing worked until I started vaping.

I'm not going to lie and say that vaping is "healthy" or "harmless". I'm sure it's neither. However, I'd bet my paycheck that it's a heck of a lot less dangerous than smoking tobacco.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:08 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Even willpower isn't enough, unfortunately. I tried several times to quit with patches, gum, chantix, etc. Nothing worked until I started vaping.

I'm not going to lie and say that vaping is "healthy" or "harmless". I'm sure it's neither. However, I'd bet my paycheck that it's a heck of a lot less dangerous than smoking tobacco.
I've watched several doctor shows in the last few months about vaping and to a person they've not given any negative effects that are known.

All I can say is my pulmonary doc, cardiac doc and family doc have all given me the when it comes to vaping.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:22 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,273,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I've watched several doctor shows in the last few months about vaping and to a person they've not given any negative effects that are known.

All I can say is my pulmonary doc, cardiac doc and family doc have all given me the when it comes to vaping.
Good for you! I can tell you that my lung function is much improved since I started vaping and quit smoking, my blood pressure is down, I have more energy, feel healthier in general, food tastes better, and I can smell things again, though there are some things I was happier not smelling.

I'm also saving a LOT of money, so it's been a totally positive thing all the way around. No wonder the government is looking to ban it or tax it into oblivion.

Last edited by amylewis; 09-21-2013 at 07:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies