Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 08:29 AM

18,151 posts, read 15,578,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
When I see it, the first thought that goes through my mind is, "Far right nut lives there. Probably a birther, listens to talk radio, and believes a bunch of conspiracy theories. Stay back." I don't dislike the flag itself, because its history is older than the current far right, but I'm still leery of the people who fly it.
LMAO!! Really? Talk about fear mongering. I have a flag like this. Two, actually. One Gadsden and one Naval Jack. These were the first American flags. Both battle flag and primary colors. Old Glory came later.

That you would have such a fear of seeing this flag flown, and judge people out of hand thus, is amazing. Guess the far left demonizing tactics are working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 08:44 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,989,568 times
Photo number 28 of my misc. photo album expresses my stand on this matter...goes well with beer and revolution.
Like wise to some of you I wouldn't what you as neighbors either...

Old 08-19-2013, 08:47 AM

68,300 posts, read 54,222,946 times
It means we ignored a perfectly good basis for foreign policy, we'd be much better off if instead of lame attempts at policing the world we took care of ourselves while letting it be known if you dare tread on us we WILL vaporize you.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:48 AM

30,024 posts, read 18,600,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by segwaywheeler View Post
When i see someone fly those flags at their home, I try to keep away from them. They are known to be mentally ill.
That perception, in the mind of a liberal (who, incidentally, have a higher incidence of mental illness), is actually a compliment.

You can come see mine flying over my farm. I won't shoot you, however, my farm cats may hiss at you.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:18 AM

68,300 posts, read 54,222,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
That perception, in the mind of a liberal (who, incidentally, have a higher incidence of mental illness), is actually a compliment.
Have any unbiased sources that support what is otherwise a baseless allegation?

Old 08-19-2013, 09:24 AM

30,024 posts, read 18,600,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Depression and Anxiety in Political Tendencies

One wonders whether effectively treating depression and anxiety among liberals would make them "better" and thus be conservatives.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:27 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,254,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
LMAO!! Really? Talk about fear mongering. I have a flag like this. Two, actually. One Gadsden and one Naval Jack. These were the first American flags. Both battle flag and primary colors. Old Glory came later.

That you would have such a fear of seeing this flag flown, and judge people out of hand thus, is amazing. Guess the far left demonizing tactics are working.
Of course it has nothing to do with the actual behavior of many people who boast about flying this flag. The poster you're responding to completely made up his opinion out of nothing, right?

You're probably a great guy with honest feelings about the flag. But if you're honest, you also have to admit that there are a lot of nutjobs out there boasting about their "Don't Tread on Me" beliefs making the rest of us wonder about their sanity, and also making the rest of you look bad.

I feel the same way when someone starts ranting about how they're a great patriot. Since there are so many scary people out there living on white supremacist compounds and stuff who believe the rest of us are the enemy ... I always look hard before I accept that the person doing the ranting isn't one of them.

It's also like the gun owners on another current thread who are feel that other gun owners who rant about "watering the tree of liberty" are excessive and make the gun owner crowd look bad.

//www.city-data.com/forum/31003562-post141.html

Old 08-19-2013, 09:28 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,643,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
To me it means exactly what it says, Don't tread on me... aka leave me the F alone, I'm not bothering you and you shouldn't bother me.
Specifically, the government.

To me, anyway.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:29 AM

18,151 posts, read 15,578,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
As are your allegations. I fly these flags, when occasion warrants. 4th of July, for instance, and I ran tbem up after 9/11. I am not mentally ill, nor a far right nut. Yet, the presence of these flags, makes me so, on sight? That's pretty baseless. Pot meet kettle. This flag has become as controversial as the 14 star Confederate battle flag. This is just another hijacking of history, and it's a crying shame!! The men who fought and died under the Gadsden deserve better than to have this symbol viewed like this. Truthfully, it p***** me off....

Old 08-19-2013, 09:31 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,643,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by segwaywheeler View Post
When i see someone fly those flags at their home, I try to keep away from them. They are known to be mentally ill.
Good!

Reminder to self: Must get Gadsden flag.

P.S. Does it work on forums, too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Good! But just a FYI....If you can see mine you're probably in range........
lol.

Great answer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies