Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 07:19 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,666,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
We are talking about ethnic cleansing, remember?

I said ethnic cleansing usually involves lots and lots of killing.

You said illegal immigration is ethnic cleansing.

I said outbreeding is not ethnic cleansing.

You said it is. But it isn't.

Oh and it's not really an invasion if the powers that be really want them here.

Let me know when Mexicans immigrants start killing Americans wholesale.
From article:

Quote:
“ethnic cleansing” could be used, since local populations are being replaced by different ethnic groups
Quote:
London, for instance, is no longer a white-British-majority city,
Quote:
From Wikipedia: The official United Nations definition of ethnic cleansing is “rendering an area ethnically homogeneous by using force or intimidation to remove from a given area persons of another ethnic or religious group.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 07:20 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,666,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ethnic cleansing is the result of massive illegal immigration. It doesn't have to be a genocidal killing.

The majority of Americans do not want illegals here and just because our government has looked the other way it is still an invasion on the American people.

Why aren't you concerned about this rather than your flippant attitude about it? Are you an illegal and/or a Mexican yourself? A bleeding heart liberal who thinks our immigration laws are insignificant? Which is it?
Exactly.

Majority ethnic groups are being replaced.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:24 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
So you are saying Americans lost to illegals?

Republicans are working for the American people & keeping this country safe from this invasion.
Like the Chamber of Commerce, the Walton family, the Koch brothers, Karl Rove, Marco Rubio, Rand Paul, Chris Christie, etc.?

Old 08-21-2013, 08:25 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
Quote:
Have you read the article?
It implies some sort of command structure. Which doesn't exist.

Unless you think invasions happen without command structures.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:48 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ethnic cleansing is the result of massive illegal immigration. It doesn't have to be a genocidal killing.

The majority of Americans do not want illegals here and just because our government has looked the other way it is still an invasion on the American people.

Why aren't you concerned about this rather than your flippant attitude about it? Are you an illegal and/or a Mexican yourself? A bleeding heart liberal who thinks our immigration laws are insignificant? Which is it?
Quote:
From article:
Quote:
Exactly.

Majority ethnic groups are being replaced.
The official United Nations definition of ethnic cleansing is “rendering an area ethnically homogeneous by using force or intimidation to remove from a given area persons of another ethnic or religious group.”

When have illegals forcefully removed area person of another ethnic or religious group? I have yet to see any illegal mexicans drag a bunch of people from their property and forcefully take it. Please show me where this has happened. People leaving an area of their own volition does not make it ethnic cleansing.

Who says i'm not concerned. I am just saying that illegal immigration is not ethnic cleansing especially if the powers that be (Government, Businesses, and People with money) want them here. Those entities are made up of American people as well. So by that objective definition, it is not an invasion.

And no, I am not an illegal immigrant nor of Mexican descent.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:58 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
The official United Nations definition of ethnic cleansing is “rendering an area ethnically homogeneous by using force or intimidation to remove from a given area persons of another ethnic or religious group.”

When have illegals forcefully removed area person of another ethnic or religious group? I have yet to see any illegal mexicans drag a bunch of people from their property and forcefully take it. Please show me where this has happened. People leaving an area of their own volition does not make it ethnic cleansing.

Who says i'm not concerned. I am just saying that illegal immigration is not ethnic cleansing especially if the powers that be (Government, Businesses, and People with money) want them here. Those entities are made up of American people as well. So by that objective definition, it is not an invasion.

Intimidation is what I've seen via language and activism.
You have LaRaza and groups like that and using the language to create barriers.
I've seen poor Black neighborhoods turned Hispanic with Blacks driven out slowly by language (Spanish only) and cultural customs (family only, no outsiders).

The silver lining I see in this is that it did bring the Blacks/Whites closer together.

You only want to see what you want to see according to your narrow definition.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:44 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times
Quote:

Republicans are working for the American people & keeping this country safe from this invasion.
Well, by their own measure, they're doing a pretty crap job.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:57 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,510,952 times
Quote:

Meanwhile Republican business owners are the ones that are hiring illegal labor.

For the GOP illegal immigration is a double win:
- Business owners undercut wage, labor, and safety laws for their own profits.
- It scares up anti-illegal immigration voters who reliably show up on election day.

You want to end illegal immigration? Arrest, jail, and fine business owners that give illegals jobs.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:58 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:

Many non-Hispanics have been "intimidated" to leave their neighborhoods and cities because of too much legal and illegal immigration from one ethnic group moving into their neighborhoods. Yes, it is an invasion.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:03 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Meanwhile Republican business owners are the ones that are hiring illegal labor.

For the GOP illegal immigration is a double win:
- Business owners undercut wage, labor, and safety laws for their own profits.
- It scares up anti-illegal immigration voters who reliably show up on election day.

You want to end illegal immigration? Arrest, jail, and fine business owners that give illegals jobs.
I looked up the big 5 and here's what I found for political contributions:

Tyson - Republican
Sandersan Farms - Republican
JBS (Swift) - Republican
Cargill - Republican
National Beef - Republican

All from Open Secrets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies