Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 07:40 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,460,417 times

Advertisements

somehow, somewhere, someone, will say it is the joggers fault.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:41 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,106,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Gunned down while Jogging While White.

We need racial solidarity on senseless violent crime like this. I want to see Kanye West and Jamie Foxx putting on their "We Are All Chris Lane" t-shirts, and Al and Jesse organizing a "Justice for Chris Lane" march in Oklahoma.

I won't hold my breath.

My deepest condolences to the family of Lane.

Australian politicians will no doubt politicize this sad story to spread anti-American sentiment.

The three murderers are in jail, awaiting trial. What more can Jessie, et al. do?

Old 08-21-2013, 07:46 AM

893 posts, read 1,206,980 times
lol at comparing Australian gun laws to American ones.

Australia is an island, it's much easier to keep things in/out. Unless you can convince every country in both North and South America to enact the same type of gun laws, then it's not going to do anything to have them in just one specific location (like the United States), because people are just going to go and get them from other places where they are legal, like Mexico or Nicaragua, etc.

I mean, just look at inside THIS country itself. You have places like Chicago with the same kind of laws as Australia, but guess what? Wisconsin and Indiana don't have those same laws, so people just go there to get guns, and then they go to Chicago and commit crimes. In fact, Chicago has one of the highest gun violence rates in the entire country despite being one of the ONLY "gun free" zones.

Not living on an island, how does it work?

Old 08-21-2013, 07:46 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Really? which one?
Actually, two of them are, but the most "white" looking one is the Michael Dewayne Jones, who has a black father. And the MSM claiming he is "white" is just more propaganda on their behalf, similar to claims made about the "white-Latina" in the George Zimmerman trial when it was clear after she was the first to come forward after the trial that she identified as "black-hispanic." It's all rubbish and any claim the MSM ever makes has been rubbish for the foreseeable past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Criminals come in all races not just black.

And yes other news stories have commenters saying that one of the killers in this case is WHITE. NOT mixed.
He IS mixed. And the point I previously made is the clear double standard when it is black-on-white, versus white-on-black in MAKING IT RACIAL. It's ALWAYS a racial issue when it is a (RARE) white perp and black victim, but NEVER racial when the roles are reversed.

That's what pisses most people off.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Looks like the driver (the 17 year old) is white.

Yeppers.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Yes they are.

Uh, no, see my post right below yours.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:57 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Oh yea, it's much easier than that!!!

How do you quantify lives saved by gun laws? You can't...

It's a logical fallacy.
How handy.

Guess we shouldn't have murder laws at all, since you can't quantify lives saved by those, either.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:58 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Uh, no, see my post right below yours.
Uh, yes, he is. He has a black poppa and a white momma. And his middle name is Dewayne. Just because he is very light skinned doesn't mean he doesn't identify with his blackness far more, just like Dear Leader.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:05 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It's odd the discussion is about guns when it should be about culture
I agree.

I bet these "kids" called themselves gangstas, n-i-g-g-a-s, and played a whole lot of Grand Theft Auto.
It's what they see on the screen that has them desensitized to acts of random violence.
The games themselves have no other purpose but to be gratuitous violence.

No one can tell me that the impressionable do not imitate art (if one can even call ^^^ it that).

With many parents simply not saying no to this trash, I'm surprised stories like this are not
more prevalent.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:11 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,461 times
Wait when did they update pictures of the perps? I thought all 3 of them were black? Well the first set of pics showed them as that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies