Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 10:13 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Waters is a genius.

I'll agree with those, though, who say they would rather not have a lot of political stuff at a concert when they've paid good money to see a musical performance.

Years ago, I saw Jackson Browne in concert (awesome!), and while he did mention a few of his environmental projects (most specifically his opposition to nuclear power plants), it was a very minute part of his show and didn't detract at all from his wonderful performance.
I went to "The Wall" show starring Roger Waters a year ago, fantastic concert.

Water's only leanings on politics was just question government and don't trust them. And that was in the form of some electronic graffiti on the wall during "Mother" after he asked in the song "Mother should I trust the government" then scribbled across the wall was "NO F*****G WAY" LOL, everyone laughed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 10:24 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I went to "The Wall" show starring Roger Waters a year ago, fantastic concert.

Water's only leanings on politics was just question government and don't trust them. And that was in the form of some electronic graffiti on the wall during "Mother" after he asked in the song "Mother should I trust the government" then scribbled across the wall was "NO F*****G WAY" LOL, everyone laughed.
I'm jealous.

I seriously can listen to Floyd music 24/7, over and over.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:39 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Quote:
I'm jealous.

I seriously can listen to Floyd music 24/7, over and over.
If you get a chance, go see Roger's show. It's fantastic. He has a bunch of young musicians that are every bit as good as the original band. He's got a guy who sounds a lot like David Gilmore on lead vocals.

Sounds like you are as big a fan as me, I say hitchhike, jump a train, do whatever it takes before he retires.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:49 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,727,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I went to ... starring Roger Waters a year ago, fantastic concert.

I went to the '77 show at MSG. He was sort of nuts back then too. But overall it was a great concert.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:52 PM

20,454 posts, read 12,372,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
I agree. But unfortunately, by this time tomorrow, the thread will be choked with people calling Waters a "Nazi"
we can start with me. Waters is an anti-simite nazi who refuses to recognize the brutal reality that the muslims living in the west bank and gaza have long held the political goal of utter distruction of the nation of Israel and will settle for nothing less.

THEY are the bad guys in this.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:23 PM

17,597 posts, read 17,623,242 times
Guess Syd wasn't the only one who fried his brain on acid

Old 10-09-2015, 10:45 PM

18,453 posts, read 15,234,612 times
I know this is an old thread, but this was in the news a lot last week so I figured I would bump it

First, Roger Waters wrote an open letter to Bon Jovi urging him not to play his concert in Israel.

Bon Jovi responded by going there and playing his concert, and dedicating a new song called 'We Don't Run' to Israel.

Then I was listening to Howard Stern and he got pretty riled up about it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3aAO00HsZE

Old 10-09-2015, 10:58 PM

39,196 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Pink Floyd's Roger Waters calls on musicians to boycott Israel - Telegraph

I've never really been a fan of Pink Floyd, but I think Waters is spot on in pointing out that Israel practices hate towards the Palestinians, and it's high time for them to be liberated from the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, the worlds largest open air concentration camps.
I think he should keep his opinion to himself.

Once again, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict erupts after innumerable peace broken proposals sponsored and signed by different western nations. Religious based problems are politically absurd! Waste of time.

If Israel truly wanted to destroy Gaza, it could do so within a day, right from the air. Why carry out a more painful, expensive ground incursion that risks the lives of its soldiers? Israel does not want to destroy Gaza.

I support both, and hope they can find peace somehow.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:15 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Most of his stuff was over the top for the radio and he's more known for being a great guitar player.

New Year's Eve Whiplash Bash 87' - Baby Please Don't Go + Credits (HQ) - YouTube
This is pretty much the last time I paid any musical attention to Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN2VNFpiGWo

Old 10-10-2015, 06:35 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,510 times
Quote:
Oh, I don't know.......

There's an awful lot of CD posters who hang on Ted Nugent's every word. lol
...or James Taylor singing to the French with John Kerry in tow...Waters could be a ambassador for Peace in the Middle East instead he is being churlish ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies