Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 09:57 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Pink Floyd's Roger Waters calls on musicians to boycott Israel - Telegraph

I've never really been a fan of Pink Floyd, but I think Waters is spot on in pointing out that Israel practices hate towards the Palestinians, and it's high time for them to be liberated from the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, the worlds largest open air concentration camps.
And why should anyone with an IQ greater than 75 care what some whack job musician or any other anti-Semite closet Nazi thinks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2015, 03:52 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The Floyd had gone downhill after Sid Barret went crazy.
LMAO...patently absurd. Their music became far more accessible after Barrett moved outta the forefront. Every guy in that band is extremely gifted. Barrett was their muse, yes, but they were no worse for wear when he got sick. Their love and respect for him inspired some incredible music.

Old 10-10-2015, 03:54 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
I'm a HUGE Pink Floyd fan and I can separate the art from the artist. However, I will continue to enjoy their music without ever have invested a dime!

Old 10-10-2015, 03:56 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LMAO...patently absurd. Their music became far more accessible after Barrett moved outta the forefront. Every guy in that band is extremely gifted. Barrett was their muse, yes, but they were no worse for wear when he got sick. Their love and respect for him inspired some incredible music.
Huh....I finally agree with you on something!

Old 10-10-2015, 04:54 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,842,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Pink Floyd is the band of David Gilmour, IMO. Without him PF would had been an average british rock band.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:12 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Pink Floyd is the band of David Gilmour, IMO. Without him PF would had been an average british rock band.
I agree with this, but only in part. David Gilmour is definitely the SOUND of Pink Floyd, but Waters is the words of Pink Floyd. Neither has done anything new that compares to what they did together. And Roger has basically just been regurgitating The Wall in different forms for the last 25 years. No Barrett album came close to the stuff they did after he left the band. That all said, Roger is an ass. I am boycotting him!

I am psyched for the upcoming Gilmour tour though. First time in the states in 10 years. I got eighth row center at Madison Square Garden.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:17 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
i enjoy pink floyd and roger waters but i wish some of the musicians and actors would just shut up.

Old 10-10-2015, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
i enjoy pink floyd and roger waters but i wish some of the musicians and actors would just shut up.
Why? They know any less than Rush Limbaugh or Laura Ingraham?

Doubt it. Their opinions are just as valid as anyone elses.

Old 10-10-2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
No way. I don't buy that at all. Everyone in that band was preternaturally talented. But Gilmour is in no way more influential than Waters. It's popular to play down Roger Waters' role in Floyd these days because he's an insufferable jerk, but on their best work, he's definitely in the driver's seat.

To me, no Floyd album is better than DSOTM....I'm a fanatical advocate of its greatness. And Roger Waters is to DSOTM what McCartney is to Sgt Pepper's.

Old 10-10-2015, 06:49 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The Floyd had gone downhill after Sid Barret went crazy.
Barret himself would have called that crazy. He never thought his own musical legacy was all that significant. The Pink Floyd of the '70s far surpassed their '60s output.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies