Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 10:00 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukweli View Post
There is market demand for black Americans who will demean and castigate the general black masses, using the talking points and beliefs about blacks generally held by white conservatives. Black Americans with a liberal and non-denigrating view of the black condition are a dime a dozen. The market is fully saturated with blacks who point out the ramifications of racism past and present as it relates to the current situation. Whites tend to HATE hearing about racism and need a counter weight to the message the caste a shadow on their culture and history.

Black Americans, like this individual, can be used as a counter weight and proxy to say what many conservative whites believe, but fear saying due to not wanting to be seen as racist. Individuals like this are marketable because it creates "plausable deniablity" that the message so many believe, is racist. This is racism by proxy as the people promoting, forwarding this video are likely white.
yep
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 10:14 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
what about all the racism that took place after slavery?
What about all the reverse racism calling us whites- racists if we dare oppose the ideology of Barack Obama? We were not ready for a half black president. This man is radical and has radicals who lie , manipulate and hide facts from the American people including Obama..Tired of the word racist, bigot if one differs from them one bit.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:51 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Lmao!!
What is so funny?

Old 08-22-2013, 10:52 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I don't think so by reasonable standards. It's sort of like how people cheer when unemployment goes down, without bothering to check the labor participation numbers. We've spent multiple trillions of dollars on the war on poverty, and the spending goes up and up. We're not getting poor people out of poverty in the sense of having them join the middle class and become productive. We're getting them out of poverty by providing them with enough support that they no longer qualify as poor. That's not really solving poverty. That's just propping people up. It's like giving someone who is bedridden a wheelchair and then declaring a medical miracle because they're mobile now. They haven't been cured.

So because you don't think something, then it's not true....mmmm okay...

Yet you probably believe the 72% black babies born out of wedlock or that black fathers all abandon black babies or that the majority of black men are in jail....

And FYI, poverty will never be cured, but as it stands for black Americans, who have only had the opportunities afforded to white Americans for one generation only, we have risen substantially since the civil rights era and are continuing to do so. The only back trend was due to the financial collapse and that affected all Americans negatively. Since black Americans were already further behind others (due to only being one generation equal Americans in the eyes of the law) and are the most vilified minority group in our country, to go from over 50% living in 3rd world poverty conditions to even what you consider as "propped up poor" is much better than the poverty experienced in past generations.

As long as the nation needs to keep increasing the amount it spends on social welfare programs, a falling poverty rate is not an indication that poor people are doing better. If we had falling poverty rates combined with falling welfare spending, then you'd have a point. But that's not what we have. There are more people on food stamps today than at any other point in history.

Not all people on social welfare programs are black nor all the people on foodstamps are black. I am speaking of black people. The OP mentioned that poverty for black people hasn't gotten any better. It has. So I do have a point. If you want to speak on social welfare programs outside the confines of poverty and their negative influences on both black and non-black Americans, then I'm sure we can dig up an old thread about that or start a new one. But just a snippet from me, I do think (like a large amount of black people) that we need to cut out a lot of our social programs and/or place limits on them such as was done with Welfare Reform in the 90s.

And the reverse is also true. Most any black who does become conservative is labelled a race traitor and uncle tom. And while it is the radical right that goes on about soft slavery and all that stuff, on the left it is mainstream. Joe Biden the Vice President of the United States gave a speech last year saying that Republicans want to put black people back in chains.

I am black. I am not a liberal and I have many conservative views that are controversial to most of my black friends and family members. I have never been labeled an Uncle Tom (or Aunt Tomina - my invention of a the female Uncle Tom). I have never been labeled a "race traitor." You all really do believe too much that you see in the media. Most black lives are not lived under the scope of blogs or TV or radio programs. I have a lot of what I call "Super Democrat" friends. I personally know my Democratic state representatives and work on neighborhood committees/groups with these people and I am not a silent, shy sort of person. I am very loud and challenge them constantly on many issues, most recently school choice - which is usually a part of the conservative agenda. I challenge many misguided views on this and other topics brought up to me by my Super Democrat friends and I have even gotten people to really consider their views on certain issues.

That said, I am not, like the man in the video, or like many posters on this forum, one to think that racism is no longer a factor in our American society. I am well aware of the low class view that the majority of Americans feel about me as a black person and especially in regards to black males. I also am aware of the unjust portions of our justice system and how the black male especially has been systematically criminalized throughout our history and if you are open to exploring this, I could recommend some good programs and reading material to you that is based on the history of our country. I can also suggest to you some readings by prominent black authors who do go into detail regarding issues that black people have and continue to face in our country and how the uneducated class of black people are paraded about as if they represent all of us, and many of them are VERY critical of the "educated" black people, such as a book I was shocked my husband had never red "The Miseducation of the Negro" by Carter G. Woodson, which I feel is a must read for all black youth. I feel every American in general should read it as it is a great picture not only of blacks in the 1930s when it was originally authored but mirrors many issues that black America faces today and due to that shows how the history of race in our country can and does have long lasting effects on American black citizens.

And in regards to Joe Biden, he is no different than GOP conservative politicians. A politicians job is to rile up their support base. The GOP does it by speaking of blacks being on a plantation as well. Biden decided not to be creative and used the conservative phrase and now you want to use it as evidence that black people are dumb?? Don't know where you are going there. But I am not a member of any political party. I am a moderate ideologically and do not fall for stupid lines by either of our major parties like, unfortunately, the masses seem to love to do.

It is done in response to a constant stream of "Republicans are racist" rhetoric coming in an avalanche from the left.

I personally don't thin republicans are racist as a whole, but they do have some racist in their party, just like Democrats do. I actually equally despise staunch conservatives who think all black people are poor and uneducated and don't know how to speak, along with liberals who want to be the black's savior because they think the same things but don't blame blacks for the country's financial problems like a conservative will.

It is tough to believe that when 19 out of 20 of them voted for Joe Biden. It's hard to escape the conclusion that black people are falling for racial rhetoric, they're just falling for the left wing propaganda rather than the right wing propaganda. People who are thinking for themselves do not vote in a bloc like that. There are tens of millions of black people. They are represented in every state, in every profession, at every economic level. To believe that 97% of them all independently considered all the issues and came up with the same decision when that is not true of any other ethnic group and runs contrary to all known evidence about human nature really strains credibility.

Who voted for Joe Biden? I thought Barack Obama was the headliner on the ticket, if you think Obama's running mate would have made a difference, you are kidding yourself. And of course black people fall for racial rhetoric. So do you, or you wouldn't be defending the racial rhetoric in this thread and others. You do not think for yourself because you continue to follow the mantra of believing that blacks are poor, uneducated, stupid people who do not think for themselves. And of course not every black person considered every issue. 90% of black Americans are Democrats, they would have voted Democrat no matter what (same goes for all ethnicities who are members of a political party). The other 10% are not and the majority of them (including myself) voted for Obama because he was a better choice than Romney and because, speaking for myself, I thought he was more of a liar than Obama, more indignant and didn't present himself well.

And I will point out that for me it is okay for you to continue to believe that us blacks are dumb. I don't care what you think and the main point of most of my community involvement is to encourage other black people not to care what you think either. Once we stop trying to "assimilate" and embrace being comfortable with being black. We will be okay. Your approval is not necessary.

Responses in bold.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukweli View Post
There is market demand for black Americans who will demean and castigate the general black masses, using the talking points and beliefs about blacks generally held by white conservatives. Black Americans with a liberal and non-denigrating view of the black condition are a dime a dozen. The market is fully saturated with blacks who point out the ramifications of racism past and present as it relates to the current situation. Whites tend to HATE hearing about racism and need a counter weight to the message the caste a shadow on their culture and history.

]Black Americans, like this individual, can be used as a counter weight and proxy to say what many conservative whites believe, but fear saying due to not wanting to be seen as racist. Individuals like this are marketable because it creates "plausable deniablity" that the message so many believe, is racist. This is racism by proxy as the people promoting, forwarding this video are likely white.
In short, there are Black people being used to do the dirty work that some conservatives don't want to do, at least not outwardly. It is of no surprise. Bringing a "token" doesn't work. It isn't to "bring Blacks to the Republican Party", it is about having someone else do the dirty work.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:59 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
What about all the reverse racism calling us whites- racists if we dare oppose the ideology of Barack Obama? We were not ready for a half black president. This man is radical and has radicals who lie , manipulate and hide facts from the American people including Obama..Tired of the word racist, bigot if one differs from them one bit.
What were you saying about bigotry and racism?

Old 08-22-2013, 03:42 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Gotta love ERayP once again tellin' black folk what's wrong with all of them. You know, with 100% of them on welfare and all.

...oh wait...

And it's right out of the GOP RWNJ talking points, how cute.

And, just a note to the GOP, this kind of **** isn't going to garner the black vote. But don't listen to me, just keep on your stupid path.

Nope hate to disagree. The stupid path, is democrats running the same damn clowns back into office. Hope n'Change has not done a damn thing for one hard working person i know.

If anything people i know all races, different jobs, different colleges, different areas, does not matter. So many have lost jobs and homes, and so many people i know of have recently been put down to part time work. Why is that? we know the answer. I for gosh freaking sakes know a law graduate that can't find nothing but part time work, they don't want to give her benefits, and she knows this.

You voted the same rat basta-- into office, and we are no better off. Infact, too many people are losing jobs still, or part timers, and you cannot make it on part time salary.

We got the same clown into office, but we all have to suffer because of the stupidity of others.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
So you admit that having a half-Black president bothers you. It doesn't surprise me. So you admit to your own bigotry.

For the record, I don't care if some people aren't ready for a "half-Black president". If one does not like the fact that our President is half-Black, then too bad. It is what it is.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:13 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
So you admit that having a half-Black president bothers you. It doesn't surprise me. So you admit to your own bigotry.

For the record, I don't care if some people aren't ready for a "half-Black president". If one does not like the fact that our President is half-Black, then too bad. It is what it is.
Don't say this, gm. They'll ban you. Everyone knows it's against the TOS to complain about racism.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:41 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Its a good thing he saved calling black democrats slaves untill the end, I can only listend to a black republican untill they repeat the mantra "leave the plantation". Rebulicans should beware of courting the black vote. "Slaves are a troublesome property"
I guess the opinion of a rogue black man who doesn't fall back to his/her place in line doesn't count eh? Push'em aside because they have the courage to think for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies