Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2013, 06:34 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And I have just the opposite opinion. Being the Ambassador gave him the excuse to meet so many times with the Turkish ambassador.
I have no beef with you are what sites you choose to get your "news" from or believe.
I just pointed out that they are known "conspiracy theorists", 9/11 Truthers and the like.

Believe them is you like - a lot of people buy into this 'conspiracy stuff'. I thought perhaps that you did not know their history .... it appears that you do and still believe it - a mistake on my part that I will remember and not make again. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. For the moment - I'm sticking with those that say that Chis Stevens was a dedicated and much respected long time member of the State Department that honestly cared about the Muslims in the countries he served in. My info comes from X CIA and Special Op's folks - one of their own was Glen Dougherty.

This thread is about Syria and the possibility of a Chem/Bio attack on a suburb of Damascus - I've yet to read anything that claims this attack and death did not take place. Lot's of fingers pointing in lots of directions ..... bottom line is that whoever did this, we need to know about it.

We won't find out with the UN Inspection Team because they are only allowed to go where Bashir al-Assad allows them to go to "inspect". Am I the only person that thinks this is a ridiculous way to operate? Assad has absolute impunity to do whatever he wants, because he controls who is allowed to "inspect" any atrocity. Sorta reminds us of the DOJ inspecting the DOJ, the IRS inspecting the IRS, the NSA inspecting the NSA and now it Assad allowing an inspection on Assad ....... OR NOT.

For anyone who thinks I believe that the USA needs to intervene here ...... you haven't been paying attention. This is a major Proxy war at this point - it is filled with Islamists from a plethora of countries. We came to this party too late to do anything. This Proxy War is now moving into both Iraq and Lebanon, but that's another thread topic. Lebanon is heating up big time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 06:35 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
BS....none of our business!

Old 08-23-2013, 06:55 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,636,388 times
Quote:
bottom line is that whoever did this, we need to know about it.
I'd actually dispute that. It's a matter of historical interest, and it certainly matters to the parties fighting in Syria, but as far as US policy - policy that implicates US taxpayer money - it's not that important. Syria is a long way from America's shores - thankfully. We have the opportunity to stay out of this calamity. An opportunity that we have already partially wasted with careless talk of "red lines" and "sanctions." Let's not waste the rest of it.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:35 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I have no beef with you are what sites you choose to get your "news" from or believe.
I just pointed out that they are known "conspiracy theorists", 9/11 Truthers and the like.

Believe them is you like - a lot of people buy into this 'conspiracy stuff'. I thought perhaps that you did not know their history .... it appears that you do and still believe it - a mistake on my part that I will remember and not make again. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. For the moment - I'm sticking with those that say that Chis Stevens was a dedicated and much respected long time member of the State Department that honestly cared about the Muslims in the countries he served in. My info comes from X CIA and Special Op's folks - one of their own was Glen Dougherty.

This thread is about Syria and the possibility of a Chem/Bio attack on a suburb of Damascus - I've yet to read anything that claims this attack and death did not take place. Lot's of fingers pointing in lots of directions ..... bottom line is that whoever did this, we need to know about it.

We won't find out with the UN Inspection Team because they are only allowed to go where Bashir al-Assad allows them to go to "inspect". Am I the only person that thinks this is a ridiculous way to operate? Assad has absolute impunity to do whatever he wants, because he controls who is allowed to "inspect" any atrocity. Sorta reminds us of the DOJ inspecting the DOJ, the IRS inspecting the IRS, the NSA inspecting the NSA and now it Assad allowing an inspection on Assad ....... OR NOT.

For anyone who thinks I believe that the USA needs to intervene here ...... you haven't been paying attention. This is a major Proxy war at this point - it is filled with Islamists from a plethora of countries. We came to this party too late to do anything. This Proxy War is now moving into both Iraq and Lebanon, but that's another thread topic. Lebanon is heating up big time.
Claiming you know people on the inside that tell you anything is bogus - if they told you the truth, they'd have to join Snowden. Lots of looney's out there claiming to be special ops and CIA, you sound pretty gullible to me.
You probably think CIA schooled Anderson Cooper is a reliable source. GlobalResearch is about as independent as they get for world news. Don't go around smearing them, or you may have to back up those claims in a court of law.
Were you old enough to remember when they said the same thing about inspections in Iraq? They were lying then and they are lying about inspections now.

They want Assad out of the way, so they can take down Iran. That is the prize. It is so obvious, how is it you can't see that?

Old 08-23-2013, 11:39 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Claiming you know people on the inside that tell you anything is bogus - if they told you the truth, they'd have to join Snowden. Lots of looney's out there claiming to be special ops and CIA, you sound pretty gullible to me.
Take a chill pill - my post wasn't to you and even if it was, I was clear as could be that those who like the 'truther' and conspiracy stuff - great for them and go for it. I don't "know" anyone on the "inside", but I sure know how to google the experts that show up on ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, FOX + the only team that has actually written a book on Benghazi ...... these guys were on all of the major networks a lot after Benghazi, writing is often anonymous on the net - video and pictures tell the story . Nobody has to be an "insider" to find decent source material.

You are very correct about "a lot of looneys out there" - they can crop up most anywhere.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:08 AM

257 posts, read 518,100 times
It is Hezbollah against Al Qaeda. Hey Obama who are you going to support?

Old 08-24-2013, 04:34 AM

14,021 posts, read 15,018,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiri View Post
It is Hezbollah against Al Qaeda. Hey Obama who are you going to support?
Hopefully the in ocent civilians stuck in the middle

Old 08-24-2013, 04:53 AM

257 posts, read 518,100 times
But supporting innocent civilians is not going to end this conflict. And it is not even real because these civilians are members of fighting sides. It is a civil war or religious war if you will - Shia against Sunni. Whatever he does it will be a total disaster. Poor Obama...

Old 08-24-2013, 07:06 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Take a chill pill - my post wasn't to you and even if it was, I was clear as could be that those who like the 'truther' and conspiracy stuff - great for them and go for it. I don't "know" anyone on the "inside", but I sure know how to google the experts that show up on ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, FOX + the only team that has actually written a book on Benghazi ...... these guys were on all of the major networks a lot after Benghazi, writing is often anonymous on the net - video and pictures tell the story . Nobody has to be an "insider" to find decent source material.

You are very correct about "a lot of looneys out there" - they can crop up most anywhere.
It's fact that both sides have chemical weapons.
It's not fact on who is using them on the people.

There's no "conspiracy" here at all.
It's up to the UN to figure out which side used them on the people.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:40 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:

Oh, now you're depending on mainstream to tell you the truth.
You are lost Kibby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies