Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 01:54 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Looks like they are doing the work for the gubiment.

What's to stop the gubiment from getting those records??

Read it and weep

NRA built massive database of gun owners while opposing national gun registry ? RT USA

NRA keeps database of gun owners and potential members: Report
There is one person in every crowd that gets a kick out of spreading rumors, I guess you are it for City Data.
NRA never has asked their members any questions about what guns they have, so without that info it is impossible to build a database like you suggest. Next time you hear some rant on the news media, caulk it up for what it is, a lie, instead of repeating it and trying to make someone think you know what you are talking about... I know you are not stupid, I just think you have bad luck when thinking.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:27 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
If you had to list three people who aren't out to get you, who would they be? If you cannot produce three, I will accept the names of two.
Very funny So far i never shot anyone that didn't need killin' (even funnier )

Let us pray no one ever comes to your family to kill.

Old 08-30-2013, 04:31 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
There is one person in every crowd that gets a kick out of spreading rumors, I guess you are it for City Data.
NRA never has asked their members any questions about what guns they have, so without that info it is impossible to build a database like you suggest. Next time you hear some rant on the news media, caulk it up for what it is, a lie, instead of repeating it and trying to make someone think you know what you are talking about... I know you are not stupid, I just think you have bad luck when thinking.
Is that phenomenon similar to the useful idiots who buy into the notion that there was a proposal from our dear Congress or President to create a "federal registry" in the first place? Since the previous lunkhead balked, can you point me towards who or what Mr. LaPierre was making reference to when he spoke of a "federal registry?"

The pertinent question here is, "Why do you insist on believing in something that is so demonstrably false, that it can be disproven in a matter of minutes by doing a few, quick, Google searches?" Is it because you actually prefer to believe that you are under the type of attack you imagine? I've come to think it is.

Old 08-30-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Very funny So far i never shot anyone that didn't need killin' (even funnier )

Let us pray no one ever comes to your family to kill.
Rest assured, if I see you coming up the lane in your Daniel Boone costume with a gun, we will not answer the door.

Old 08-30-2013, 04:43 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post

Every village has to have an idiot. It just so happens that CD is doing really well in this department, but it's not by accident, the libs do put forth tremendous effort.

Old 08-30-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Rest assured, if I see you coming up the lane in your Daniel Boone costume with a gun, we will not answer the door.
Not worth of a reply

Old 08-30-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
Every village has to have an idiot. It just so happens that CD is doing really well in this department, but it's not by accident, the libs do put forth tremendous effort.
The Libs have failed in the attempt to save one, and for it the price, they have lost ALL. The 'village' is just Biden and he's a drunk.

Old 08-30-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Not worth of a reply
Another wise choice by a poster in this thread. You may even want to put me on ignore like the previous diva.

Old 08-30-2013, 04:59 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Macy's and Victoria's Secret keep databases on customers.

Concern is pulling all the data in one big government database, Too easy to flip a switch based on mercurial political trends.

The state uses hunting license applications to check for child support and alimony payments.

Who knows if i went to a gun show or how many guns I own. No one!

Purchase a gun from a local firearm dealer and your details are handed over to the state and feds.

Apply for a firearms id in NJ and you surrender your fingerprints to the FBI and all your medical records as well. Then they run the NICS check on you ... a national crime database.

The drug store and Doctor has a list of your prescription meds.

Buy Ammo and you have to show your FID.

Buy reloading components and Cabellas or Brownells has a database on caliber etc....as well as tracking all the items you just looked at. So does Sears and Lowes.

Work great in Germany when the nazis needed to round guns. The NRA database is the least of concerns.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Macy's and Victoria's Secret keep databases on customers.

Concern is pulling all the data in one big government database, Too easy to flip a switch based on mercurial political trends.

The state uses hunting license applications to check for child support and alimony payments.

Who knows if i went to a gun show or how many guns I own. No one!

Purchase a gun from a local firearm dealer and your details are handed over to the state and feds.

Apply for a firearms id in NJ and you surrender your fingerprints to the FBI and all your medical records as well. Then they run the NICS check on you ... a national crime database.

The drug store and Doctor has a list of your prescription meds.

Buy Ammo and you have to show your FID.

Buy reloading components and Cabellas or Brownells has a database on caliber etc....as well as tracking all the items you just looked at. So does Sears and Lowes.

Work great in Germany when the nazis needed to round guns. The NRA database is the least of concerns.
The proposal to which Wayne was attributing a "federal registry" carried with it fines or jail time for any official who would have used such information to compile a database.

Just as someone could infiltrate a federal database, so can they infiltrate an NRA database. That is why some folks are left with the feeble branch to stand upon that, "Well, not everyone in the NRA database is a gun owner!" Would it be fair to say that most are? Would it be fair to say that if one really wanted to get the names of gun owners in the US, starting with an NRA database would be a fabulous place to start?

You're being used by chipmunk-cheeked salesman looking to sell magazine subscriptions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies