Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2013, 11:26 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,046,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukweli View Post
Who is the arbiter of it being "over with"? If a women is raped, is it "over with" when the rapist pulls his pants up? What if the rapist gave the person an STD, that lingers long after the rape. Ending something does NOT offset Starting something, IMO. The rapist could then argue "Yes I raped her, but I STOPPED when I was done"....so the police and courts should just let it go and get over it.
For that rapist and victim, sure.

What about for the great-grandchildren of the rapist and of the victim? Should one owe the other, should one seek revenge against the other?

Is this what you're saying? Is this fair? Is this right?

My family didn't even arrive in this country until the 1950's. Before that, they were running from Hitler in Nazi Europe. We were not here during the US civil war and slavery. Yet, apparently I have to worry about my blonde children being targeted for how they look, by people who hold a grudge for something that happened ages ago when my ancestors were still in Europe and had nothing to do with. And there are a lot of other Whites like me, with similar background.

Just try and remember all that.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:29 AM

33,539 posts, read 18,133,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
The pawns out killing whites are puppets. They are poorly educated (white man's fault), are poor (white man's fault), and will react in harmony with their puppetmasters (Sharpton et. al.) actions.

Both are the enemy as they work in concert with the desires of those who would like to see race wars bring the country to its knees.

Race war would be the best way to divide all aspects of our lives -- from schools to military.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
White man's fault because they took the thug route.. hardly... they have a brain and choose what they want to glorify..

Old 08-22-2013, 11:33 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,978,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
For that rapist and victim, sure.

What about for the great-grandchildren of the rapist and of the victim? Should one owe the other, should one seek revenge against the other?

Is this what you're saying? Is this fair? Is this right?

My family didn't even arrive in this country until the 1950's. Before that, they were running from Hitler in Nazi Europe. We were not here during the US civil war and slavery. Yet, apparently I have to worry about my blonde children being targeted for how they look, by people who hold a grudge for something that happened ages ago when my ancestors were still in Europe and had nothing to do with. And there are a lot of other Whites like me, with similar background.

Just try and remember all that.

Exactly. My grandparents weren't around during slavery. My great grandparents arrived after the fact. I am 3rd generation American. I have no connection to the Civil War Era. NONE!

Old 08-22-2013, 11:34 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,533,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
There are way more than these three thugs out there... check the black neighborhoods... whites would not walk down the street in most of them.. especially now. You have got to be kidding.. blacks are afraid in there own neighborhoods and has been like that for years. Thugs rob and kill their own. Blacks tell me about what has been done to them .. they rather live in a white neighborhood and I don't blame them.

What does fear of violence have to do with lumping an entire race for the ignorance and violence of others? Should I lump all Whites as pedophiles? Or should I look at every White man as having unsaviory thoughts about my child, my niece? Or maybe every White man prefers to kill his wife and children because of his failures? Give it a break. I am no more responsible for these three idiots any more than you are responsible for James Lee Dimaggio.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:37 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,882,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukweli View Post
Does it take "most people" in order that damage be inflicted? Maybe the silence of the others, who did nothing, allowed those who were doing something to continue doing it.
I think some of us sometimes wonder of the silence or implicit support of the families and surrounding culture of the criminal, violent and self destructive lifestyle of this segment of young, mostly urban men that then allows it to perpetuate and continue to chalk up victims.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:38 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,164,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Give it a break.. most people never did anything negative against any black.. this racism garbage is overblown .
Never did? As in the past? You need to seriously look back at the history of blacks in this country. This post of yours is about as ignorant as any I've read.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
What does fear of violence have to do with lumping an entire race for the ignorance and violence of others? Should I lump all Whites as pedophiles? Or should I look at every White man as having unsaviory thoughts about my child, my niece? Or maybe every White man prefers to kill his wife and children because of his failures? Give it a break. I am no more responsible for these three idiots any more than you are responsible for James Lee Dimaggio.

Of course you're not. You as a black person should not be looked down upon, because of what these 3 idiots did, just like I who was born in 1973 after the civil rights era should not have to be looked down upon for what happened in the past.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Seriously! I should be made to suffer because of a bunch of crap that happened in the past that I was no part of? Yeah bull***!
How are you suffering?

Old 08-22-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
How are you suffering?

I didn't say I was suffering so to speak, but I'm talking in general. We're in 2013, yeah history is a b***! Of course this nation has had some not so great moments, but the same could be said for every nation on this planet. Why dwell on s*** that you can't change, and hold it against people simply because of skin color, when they weren't even a part of that time frame?

Old 08-22-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I didn't say I was suffering so to speak, but I'm talking in general. We're in 2013, yeah history is a b***! Of course this nation has had some not so great moments, but the same could be said for every nation on this planet. Why dwell on s*** that you can't change, and hold it against people simply because of skin color, when they weren't even a part of that time frame?
But you said "why should I be made to suffer". I'm inquiring as to how you're suffering. What's going on that you feel as if you're suffering?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.