Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 07:51 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,828,160 times

Advertisements

HEY it's acceptable for them to say and do this, well not kill a white kid, but by todays standards because of their color. They are immune from any actions on the face book posts or rants in public. They media is going to hide this and the justice department will do nothing, again because of their color. NO hate crimes here!

Old 08-22-2013, 08:02 AM

29,433 posts, read 14,618,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
I mean just imagine if the races were reversed and it would have been a white murderer and he had Tweeted "90% of black people are nasty." Can you all imagine how much the left wing, Obama, Sharpton, Harris-Perry and company would have played "racist" and "hate crime" angle to this.

I'm telling you whites cannot tolerate this double standard much longer and nor should they.
Sure they will, the sheeple will just continue to plod on drinking their Starbucks working in their cubicles. Sad, very sad that the majority is okay with the double standard.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:11 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,725,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Sure they will, the sheeple will just continue to plod on drinking their Starbucks working in their cubicles. Sad, very sad that the majority is okay with the double standard.
And that is why I posted this thread. It's not about black vs. white. There are good and bad people of all races.
Look at the other big story this week- the Atlanta school shooting. The hero is black and the villain is white.

The problem is the double standard, and it's encouraged by the media, black leaders, the CBC, Holder, and Obama. It's absurd. And it's time for people to call it out and stand against it.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:12 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
And that is why I posted this thread. It's not about black vs. white. There are good and bad people of all races.
Look at the other big story this week- the Atlanta school shooting. The hero is black and the villain is white.

The problem is the double standard, and it's encouraged by the media, black leaders, the CBC, Holder, and Obama. It's absurd. And it's time for people to call it out and stand against it.
check out the john mcwhorter article i linked in post 21. it's good.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:16 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Zimmerman took a black girl to the prom, and assisted in finding the criminal who attacked a black guy; it did not stop many people from accusing him of racism, and it did not stop the government from investigating him to see if this was a hate crime (though the FBI stated there was no evidence of it being a hate crime).
Did they ever make an announcement on that justice department investigation about potentially bringing fed charges against Zimmerman? I thought it was pretty ridiculous grandstanding to do that after the FBI findings.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:20 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,672,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
They are hateful - the whole lot of them - who downplay this, whether it's the Sharptons, or Jacksons, or the media. If they ignore it, downplay it or dismiss it as a mere blip on the road of life, they are the ones who are being racist and promoting more of the same kind of hate crimes.

They ought to get their own back yards into shape and under control before they start picking and choosing which event to headline on their front pages or in their posturing speeches for mere promotion of their agenda.

Which one of these guys would look like Obama's son, if he had one? He seems to be silent now.

These people are blowing a great opportunity to bring healing and unity to a nation that is hurting on many fronts. What a shameful legacy that will be for all of them.

I can see it now: President Obama, nation's "first black president", promising the hope of unity, fails miserably.
I'm sure we will hear Obama say, that if he had a cousin on his mother's side, he'd look like Chris Lane. But I won't be holding my breath.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:25 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,672,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
'frowned upon'?
that's the harshest criticism ol' jesse can come up with?

yeah, shooting an innocent jogger in the back is 'frowned upon,' but you better not put on a clown suit and make fun of obama - that calls for a Secret Service investigation.

Don’t Ignore Race in Christopher Lane’s Murder | TIME.com
I think if there was a list that covered feelings ranging from indifference to outrage, being "frowned upon" is right below "a sigh of disappointment" and just above "tsk-tsk."

Old 08-22-2013, 08:26 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
HEY it's acceptable for them to say and do this, well not kill a white kid, but by todays standards because of their color. They are immune from any actions on the face book posts or rants in public. They media is going to hide this and the justice department will do nothing, again because of their color. NO hate crimes here!
Hate crimes are often brought against blacks, to claim otherwise is not backed up by statistics.

Quote:
In 2011, the races of the 5,731 known hate crime offenders were as follows:

■59.0 percent were white.
■20.9 percent were black.
■7.1 percent were groups made up of individuals of various races (multiple races, group).
■1.4 percent were Asian/Pacific Islander.
■0.8 percent were American Indian/Alaskan Native.
■10.8 percent were unknown. (Based on Table 9.)
FBI — Offenders

Old 08-22-2013, 08:28 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times
Default Don’t Ignore Race in Christopher Lane’s Murder

I'm sure marching around the Mall and deifying Trayvon Martin will fix things.

http://ideas.time.com/2013/08/22/vie...-lanes-murder/

Quote:
The numbers don’t lie: young black men do commit about 50% of the murders in the U.S. We don’t yet know whether the attack on Lane was racially motivated, nor can we know whether the three black boys who attacked a white boy on a Florida school bus recently would not have done the same to a black kid. (Critics took Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to task for not condemning the violence.) But hardly uncommon are cases such as the two black guys who doused a white 13-year-old with gasoline and lit him on fire, saying “You get what you deserve, white boy” (Kansas City, Mo.) or 20 black kids who beat up white Matthew Owens on his porch “for Trayvon” (Mobile, Ala.).

So, it’s just fake to pretend that the association of young black men with violence comes out of thin air. Young black men murder 14 times more than young white men. If the kinds of things I just mentioned were regularly done by whites, it’d be trumpeted as justification for being scared to death of them.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:29 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,734,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Nope, it's my natural point and laugh response on these types of threads.
What is your point of view? Should we ignore the racism that is clearly a motive in this murder?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.